FILTERFLOSS

CHEMIPURE ELITE

LIGHTING

Jebo 24w 20 inch P/C Fixture

HEATER

HYDOR SOMETHING (FORGOT THE NAME)

• 2 months later...

Update :

Ive been busy with school and currently have been letting the tank just age, but as far as future for this tank I plan to upgrade by the end of the year to a 15 gallon which will allow me better stocking options and also so that my aquaclear filter will truly fit with out adjustments made by me. I really just want this tank to mature and get crazy beyond my control , with a lush macro algae garden of some sorts. I plan to change my lighting to powercompacts when I move to the 15 gallon to see how much growth I can get with the macros.

FTS

23603455650_2ffdf5b6fc_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you've got some good algae growth.

I'm really liking the clean look with the wild algae, now you need some red macro to offset all that green.

Looks like you've got some good algae growth.

I'm really liking the clean look with the wild algae, now you need some red macro to offset all that green.

thats what in the breeder box right now im almost ready to upgrade i recently got my hands on a cheap P/C fixture and I plan to lower the flow rate of the 110 and add a deep sand bed on my new tank and then ill beginning adding more macros once that tank gets settled

• 1 month later...

24983700456_b05e1da15c_z.jpg

Update! transfered everything into a DO aqua 45P and changed my lighting to Power Compacts and will begin measuring my parameters to keep up with the macros nutrient export . Also Im looking to get maybe a damsel

I just placed a Order with BRS for some test kits and dosing supply I want this tank to be heavly feed and dosed enable the marcos to grow fast and wild. I also plan to add some softies like leather corals and some zoas eventually . and I also ant to buy a Nano box beaam to supplement led lighting with my P/c compact. I think with my subtrate ,low - medium lighting , good dosing on trace elments this tank should be come a nutrient rich tank and lead to success !

Nice tank! Loving the macros lately.

My macro "display fuge" is serious in it's nutrient uptake... Here's a pic the day after harvesting 2 gallon size zip loc bags of chaeto and the entire left side of caulerpa !

0217162343_zpsnddb5c9w.jpg

Anyways, I'm interested in what parameters you test for and what supplements you decide to use. I'm currently researching the same thing and may end up dosing FW fertilizers - if my research supports it.

My macro "display fuge" is serious in it's nutrient uptake... Here's a pic the day after harvesting 2 gallon size zip loc bags of chaeto and the entire left side of caulerpa !

0217162343_zpsnddb5c9w.jpg

Anyways, I'm interested in what parameters you test for and what supplements you decide to use. I'm currently researching the same thing and may end up dosing FW fertilizers - if my research supports it.

brightwell aquatics makes a nice line of fw fertilizers http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/

I plan to start dosing with alk, calcium, and mag. Then I might supplement with iron or nitrates , but im still searching and doing research in order to make this tank nutrient rich

I decided to trim back some of the macros I order that way I dont have a huge die off due to lack of nutrients also I want my macros to grow on the live rock

24480232624_6840cfec0a_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update : So Ive had a bacteria Bloom for about a month now and I've tried everything to get my water back clear Even huge water changes . So i decided to spend money and get a uv sterilizer off of ebay so hopefully this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Archived