ReefCleaners.org

Recommendations to replace MP40?

ZandEDad

So I have a 65 gallon Deep Blue on which I have an MP10 and an MP40. The MP40 must have thrown a bearing because it sounds like it's in its death throes. I've already replaced the dry side of the MP10 and shelling out $240 for the MP40 fix is giving me agita. People seem to like the Jebaos and there's some love for the Gyre but I just don't know... Do I bite the bullet and stick with the MP, or is there a better alternative?

Purchased 2 Jebao RW-4s, first one was bought over a year ago the 2nd was just recently purchased...for 80$ I have 2000 GPH controllable flow in the display and the sound is definitely manageable.

Purchased 2 Jebao RW-4s, first one was bought over a year ago the 2nd was just recently purchased...for 80$ I have 2000 GPH controllable flow in the display and the sound is definitely manageable.

. Thanks for the recommendation. I like that I could buy several Jebaos for the price of the Ecotech. What size tank do you have?

Jebao rw-8 on amazon for $60 and gives you 2100gph.

I ordered the rw-4 from amazon for $50 and have had it running for 6 months now with no issues. I've seen them at LFS going for $80 for the rw-4 and $100 for the rw-8.

Personally I'd buy a new QD MP40 because I'm all for keeping equipment out of the tank. I've never owned a RW pump but I do really like my Jebao return and I liked my doser as well. So I don't think you really can go wrong with a Jebao for the price.

Personally I'd buy a new QD MP40 because I'm all for keeping equipment out of the tank. I've never owned a RW pump but I do really like my Jebao return and I liked my doser as well. So I don't think you really can go wrong with a Jebao for the price.

If I had an infinite amount of money I would no doubt go with the ecotechs just for the sleekness and low profile, that being said the new Apex WAV does look interesting and the controllability is insane. But for 500$ for 2 pumps and the link that's something that would go more on my bucket list than my wish list lol.

Replace the bearings in it. There is a thread in the DIY forum on how to do it. Seems really easy. When my mp10 bearings go out I'll for sure be replacing them myself.

Archived