Innovative Marine Aquariums

Slow but Stony Red Sea Reefer Nano Build

iPhone

phillyclownfish

contacted red sea this morning for the 100th time.

they're sending me a new return pipe along with a bucket of coral pro salt for the inconveniences I've been having.

they have outstanding customer service!

The girl who answers is really nice. But I have the 170 and there have been three issues. Not major but still. I did expect a flawless setup. My customs have been much easier.

The girl who answers is really nice. But I have the 170 and there have been three issues. Not major but still. I did expect a flawless setup. My customs have been much easier.

yeah they're great at fixing warranty related issues.

what issues were you having with your tank?

phillyclownfish

yeah they're great at fixing warranty related issues.

what issues were you having with your tank?

Front door won't go on due to the bottom hinge not aligning with the predrilled holes. Missing the hose for the ATO to the buoy. Was a bit dirty when I first installed it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

here are some updated pics, tank is doing alright.

IMG_2856_zps5cfp1ysc.jpg

IMG_2861_zpsggnqxq98.jpg

IMG_2851_zpscjkw99ew.jpg

IMG_2852_zpsmxaj8wgi.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsle77idgn.jpg

IMG_2850_zpsyljszidl.jpg

IMG_2847_zpsdqm6blyu.jpg

Been fighting some cyano these last few days, turned up intensity on my prime and now cyano is everywhere and sps are mad.

picking up a second mp10 and possibly going bare bottom.

If anyone wants to get rid of their im minimax reactors in the midsize size let me know!

• Like 2

Tank looks great. I just picked up a reefer nano myself, doesn't seem like many people have them.

Nice!

They are still fairly new on the market but in a year or two everyone will have them.

I've already seen a few for sale on Craigslist,someone was selling a 250 couple weeks back for $600 but someone beat me to it.

Do you have a build thread?

I was very impressed the first time I saw one, you can definitely see the attention to detail. I do, but I just set the tank up on wednesday and I'm waiting on my shipment of rock and the rest of my equipment. Next week the cycle will officially start.

• Like 1
North Borders

How are you liking the 2 mp10's on the back glass? I just picked up a second one for my Reefer Nano too, but haven't figured out the 'happy spot' to run them at yet. What mode do you run yours in?

• Like 1

How are you liking the 2 mp10's on the back glass? I just picked up a second one for my Reefer Nano too, but haven't figured out the 'happy spot' to run them at yet. What mode do you run yours in?

ehhh they're alright, nothing cool other than them being on the back glass. i want to configure them so they can have more pull on the sides of the overflow box where the dead spots are on each side.

i run them at constant speed on 6 dots, but im going to set them up to run reefcrest today

North Borders

I installed some Loc-line in the return nozzle with a Y joint and fittings to send the return flow to the sides of the tank and put my mp10's on the sides like earmuffs and have been experimenting with reef crest and tidal swell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Iphone, I am looking at the same type of setup, did you ever find a mount that was able to attach to hold LED? I really dont want to have to rig up some type of suspension.

• 1 year later...