Top Shelf Aquatics

DrGibby's 4g shutting them down :(

drgibby

I haven't updated this thread in a a while it seems. The nanobox tides came in and it looks fantastic!

22908025191_d4cfb2646f.jpgtideon by drgibby, on Flickr

After playing with the settings and talking to Dave i have it down to the point in happy i think...

I have also been playing with the scape and i have settled on this one.

22439893254_ea102b6d5a.jpg2015-11-15 12.11.03 by drgibby, on Flickr

Doesn't look like much but it makes me happy.

• Like 5

That looks great! Everything looks so clean :)

I really do like this scape lots of room for corals on top and along the sides. kind of like a cove. For some reason this one was a lot easier then the 10g.

Also Im on page 2!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Not sure how I've missed this thread! I've been searching for CAD 4 gallon tank builds continually since August when I started my own and this one never came up!

I really like the instructions on how to move the return... I really need to do that!

Jealous of your light!!!! :wub: I have to get me one of those someday! My tank came with their "new and improved, SPS capable" stock light so I'm giving it time to see just what it's really like.

Anyway, great start and I'm looking forward to seeing what this turns out like!

• Like 3

Not sure how I've missed this thread! I've been searching for CAD 4 gallon tank builds continually since August when I started my own and this one never came up!

I really like the instructions on how to move the return... I really need to do that!

Jealous of your light!!!! :wub: I have to get me one of those someday! My tank came with their "new and improved, SPS capable" stock light so I'm giving it time to see just what it's really like.

Anyway, great start and I'm looking forward to seeing what this turns out like!

Im glad you found it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Do you have a build thread for your Cadlight? there such great tanks. The light is a must Dave is fantastic and the bluefish offers so many more options then just the regular cadlight light

• Like 2

Im glad you found it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Do you have a build thread for your Cadlight? there such great tanks. The light is a must Dave is fantastic and the bluefish offers so many more options then just the regular cadlight light

I've been picture documenting every step I've taken, but haven't gotten around to putting it together into a thread yet. Soon, I hope!

Any stocking ideas yet?

• Like 1

I've been picture documenting every step I've taken, but haven't gotten around to putting it together into a thread yet. Soon, I hope!

Any stocking ideas yet?

I am leaning towards rics, zoas, and some firefish gobys to start

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything will be ordered come Saturdays BRS bulk buy! Which means im on track for a first of the year Wet tank! Once Dave sends me the casing for a bluefish controller that was missing in one of the orders things will be a go.

Not gonna lie im very excited and a little nervous. Ive been waiting for this point for so long. Still want to put a skimmer in this tank but until i find one that looks affordable and will fit ill just do water changes. Still mad at Pico skim for disappearing

Im also looking forward to Kats pod cast with John from reefcleaners because thats where my CUC will come from
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/353478-kats-podcast-with-john-maloney/page-386#entry5207552

Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I should be mixing water soon... its almost time! :ninja:

what test kits should i be using for the initial cycle? and then later to check all the parameters?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Mixing water this weekend. Hope to be getting in my power strip on saturday. I received a tunze nano ato and im deciding if i want to put this on this tank or the 10 gallon.

I really with Pico skimmers were still available because i wanted one of those. MAME makes a nice one i just dont like how fragile it is and the 100$$ price tag.

The tank should be wet soon! Buckle up the rides about to get bumpy and fun :haha:

• Like 2

Hey Doc, I'm going to try the NYOS reef cement today I think. :scarry:

i'm a happy user of Stonefix (aquaforest)

but NYOS seems very good too :P

in my thread i have pictures of the scape made with stonefix :)

Hey Doc, I'm going to try the NYOS reef cement today I think. :scarry:

Good luck Kat let me know how it goes!! I hope it doesn't turn squishy for you
  • Like 1

Finally We have water. Here we go

24433646986_1c678f2095.jpg2016-01-17 16.39.40 by drgibby, on Flickr

and not cloudy this morning.

24459877285_528a321e27.jpg2016-01-18 08.20.22 by drgibby, on Flickr

The hydor seems to keep sticking and stop its rotation. I took it apart cleaned it out and put it together. Dont know why it keeps doing that. Ill prolly upgrade that to a spinstream here soon.

Also if Dave pops his head in is there a reason for different hues in the color of the two lights. Settings are all the same...

24433668246_692da38d99.jpg2016-01-18 08.28.52 by drgibby, on Flickr

• Like 2

Looks good! Stupid question because I did it yesterday - did you peel off the plastic film from the light cover? The colors on mine looked funny before I remembered.

Looks good! Stupid question because I did it yesterday - did you peel off the plastic film from the light cover? The colors on mine looked funny before I remembered.

Theres plastic on them?!

The clear plastic piece that covers the LEDs ships with a thin piece of film that protects it from scratches. I forgot to take mine off and the light looked purple before I took if off. I don't know if yours has one too.

The clear plastic piece that covers the LEDs ships with a thin piece of film that protects it from scratches. I forgot to take mine off and the light looked purple before I took if off. I don't know if yours has one too.

well i went home for lunch and checked. Did not find any plastic but the one light has started blinking and is offline and it wont come back :furious: I have sent a message to Dave to see what should be done :(

Dave coming through as always :) Excited to see the tanks wet! Mine should be here within a week or so. Enough time to bug Teeny with a bazillion questions! When you re-drilled the hole for the return what size did you use?

• Like 2

Dave coming through as always :) Excited to see the tanks wet! Mine should be here within a week or so. Enough time to bug Teeny with a bazillion questions! When you re-drilled the hole for the return what size did you use?

I used a step bit like teeny did just drill slow