Pod Your Reef

Premium Custom ATO / Dosing Container - New Review!

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Here is a project I have been working on for over 3 weeks.

I present to you our new premium Hybrid ATO / 3-Part Dosing Container in Semi-Transparent Royal Blue/White accent.

Premium Features:

• Sleek flushed-top and hinge-less design.
  • Large opening for ATO and dosing chamber for easy refills.
  • Separate cap for ATO and dosing container.
  • Cap for ATO has a notch cut out for pump AC wire.
  • Holes drilled for 1/4" RO tubing (tubing not included)
  • Optional RO tubing can be included to be able to connected directly to silicone airline tubing for doser or ATO system using Aqua-Lifter pump.
  • Custom tabs to hold tubing down all the way to the bottom.
  • Large H2O and CA, ALK, MG laser engraved labels.
  • Hand-polished Mirror Edges.

Specs:

• Dimensions: 15x8x15"
  • ATO Reservoir: 5 Gallons
  • 3 Parts Dosing: 2050mL per chamber.

For custom ATO / Dosing container, please contact us for a quote: http://oceanboxdesigns.com.

Pricing will varies based on size, complexity, and customization.

©2015 - Oceanbox Designs™

21522711910_f7a6ffc3bd_c.jpg

21089644343_f0765ae214_c.jpg

21522812028_c423bd373e_c.jpg

21699156262_40054ce7d5_c.jpg

21522712020_8214743ef2_c.jpg

ATO and dosing covers:

21712339445_f159f356c1_c.jpg

Close up details:21089644123_daac56bfcf_c.jpg

21719924081_07abefa9aa_c.jpg

21699156482_fdc31ac478_c.jpg

21684590666_d49a9c3706_c.jpg

21699156702_693c856068_c.jpg

21087941684_1b3dc1e560_c.jpg

Looks nice! Not trying to be critical but wouldn't the ato container be better suited with opaque walls to inhibit algae growth? I suppose it wouldn't matter if it was in a dark cabinet but something this pretty needs to be seen.

Oceanbox Designs

Looks nice! Not trying to be critical but wouldn't the ato container be better suited with opaque walls to inhibit algae growth? I suppose it wouldn't matter if it was in a dark cabinet but something this pretty needs to be seen.

Thank you! well lets be technical :) The translucent wall is there for that purpose, face the ATO side to the wall inside the stand. Algae can't grow in RODI water that you keep refilling weekly and it's not being stored with a light over it. The 2nd problem is with going solid color/translucent color is you can't see the water level at all unless you set it up with another ATO system to cut off pump and alert you with something like Apex sytem. I suppose I could go with solid color with a small clear window cutout but that put the fabrication one step more difficult than it already is, which adds to the price.

Thats sexy!

Agree with Neebles about algae growth; maybe a dark color would be better in the long term?

Thanks man and same reasons above. Least of my concern.

Oceanbox Designs

I know you said something about contacting you for custom pricing, but how much for the standard one pictured above?

Price is $250 + shipping with all the premium features listed, believe it or not, it took me over 50 hours for this build including the 4 hrs+ edges polishing. However, like I said pricing can varies greatly depending on what you really need and the level of customization and complexity of the design. For example, if you go with a hinged or hinge-less lid it can make a huge difference in fabrication process, if you go all clear or custom colors, quick connector, etc, it all can add up or reduce greatly.

looks great. my only suggestion would be a larger opening in the ato section. pouring from a 5 or 7 gallon jug might be a little messy.

You gonna need a HD bucket for that, it won't be large enough to cover the mess...lol Use a cheap DC pump or smaller cup for pouring.

This is seriously a work of art. I sense one of these (customized a bit) in my next build... :happy:

Hopefully you guys can ship to Canada!

Thank you very much!

I'd love to ship to Canada but my biggest concern would be high risk of damaging it in transit, small and rigid items would be fine but tanks and ATO containers are a different story.

Marc.The.Shark

Thank you very much!

I'd love to ship to Canada but my biggest concern would be high risk of damaging it in transit, small and rigid items would be fine but tanks and ATO containers are a different story.

Do It !! Just offer the customer the option of extra insurance to cover damage! Or call it international shipping insurance. Whatever. Spread your love around some!! hahaha

Do It !! Just offer the customer the option of extra insurance to cover damage! Or call it international shipping insurance. Whatever. Spread your love around some!! hahaha

I honestly would, I suppose if he's willing to pay for shipping/handling costs, I'll do my very best with the packaging. I think shipping insurance is the biggest waste, take ages to file/investigate/process, etc. they don't just give you your money back and it usually come back with a denied claim, that's what they're trained to do. To the customer ends, im still the one responsible to fulfil the order.

I ordered a tank from PicO Aquariums, and it got here A-OK. No worries man, it's your business. U.S. only makes me sad, but it is what it is.

That's good to hear! I can do my best with the packaging and hoping for the best, it's still a concern but nothing is impossible. I might just have greater confident after shipping a few in the US. by the time you're ready for one.

I'll take my cut now. 10% sound about right? Or an ATO container would suffice! Lol :)

10% off the shipping since this was all about the shipping...ha! :D

ummm yes. My lawdy. too sexy.

Glad I asked you to make this for me and gave you the freedom to make it to your vision.

Can't wait!

There's the rightful owner! :)

Thanks for trusting me with my vision! Although I need a check-up soon, haven't done one in 3 years...lol

Archived