Pod Your Reef

2 AI Primes Over Nuvo 30L

jmessineo1

I just picked up a Nuvo 30L I was considering getting two AI Primes to light the tank. I am looking to grow LPS, Softies, Leathers, and have a Nem. Do you think that would be enough light?

For the price you are going to pay for the lights and mounts you can do better. You are going to be into them $450 not including any tax when all is said and done. You can find slightly used Radion XR15s and mounts for about $600. You would have much better lighting then. You can also find used Kessils and even some NanoBox units for close to what you would spend on the Primes or slightly more. AI Prime is a good light but it doesn't allow for much flexibility if you want to add SPS later/

We offer both the Aqua Pro R60 WIFI and the Aqua Pro Plus that would easily cover that aquarium. They would also be cheaper than the other options mentioned especially after buying mounting hardware.

-Jessie

2 AI Primes for what your wanting will do just fine. It will also save you money as they are controlled by phone/web and you have the choice of Black/White and it's easy enough to find them used on the forums.

I loved my 2 AI Primes over my 45 gallon.... Don't let people fool you, they're an excellent light for the price...

This was months back, but they were great. Corals responded very well.

20150510_161052_zpskwlgq60z.jpg

I have a prime over my 30L and I plan on getting another to replace my Mini-Tide on the other side. Great light, all of my corals are reacting well and have great color!

People look at par ratings and say they are low on paper but when I had one and everyone else it seems too they show great results! Kind of miss mine actually.

Archived