inTank

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thelawnwrangler

IRS let me at them - I will reply to all inquires

IRS Agent:

In Reply to Notice: XXXXXXXXX

Please note that we will not be providing a tax identification number for contractor Angel, Emperor as he is not an employee as outlined in publication 15 (circular E). As per ...........

• 2 weeks later...
thelawnwrangler

yeah they start flipping that first baffle- to drain on the downward side

mine M90 first baffle is flipped with bottom drain for first baffle. I still got the media basket - just went in tonight.

Stevie, did fluval change the back in the M-series?!

Yes, after a conversation with them they realized their error and started siliconing in the first baffle the correct way fall of 2015,

It does not effect the media basket. But the media basket improves flow if your baffle is the "wrong" way.

They also changed the door color on the stands.

Door colour on the stands? What colour did they change to?

Darker. I believe you can see it in the vid above.

thelawnwrangler

I am loving my media basket so far- less then a week in I already had to change the filter floss. It is so nice and accessible now. Just added the surface skimmer last night, but it looks like it is working good.

Stevie time for you to tell them how to make the lights more controllable and less of a pain lol

20150917_114041.jpg

M is for M40 - A normal designed AIO aquarium

M is for M60 & M90 - A terribly designed AIO aquarium where water flows in from the top, and stays at the top.

WTF was Hagen thinking? Don't worry M owners, inTank has a Media Basket planned that will fix that right up for you

I did not know you guys were so close .. Can I just drop by?

Stevie time for you to tell them how to make the lights more controllable and less of a pain lol

I'm using their lights in a bathroom green house this winter. It's all done on the cheap to keep the price point down. If they were better the tank would cost more and they would lose their market I suppose.

I did not know you guys were so close .. Can I just drop by?

Yes. Just email or call us when you want to stop by so I can make sure I'm in the office at that time.

thelawnwrangler

I'm using their lights in a bathroom green house this winter. It's all done on the cheap to keep the price point down. If they were better the tank would cost more and they would lose their market I suppose.

Its been a good learning experience with the easy corals I grow it seems to do well. It was also a good non-scary entry point in terms of this all you need it works.

My main compliant is being to timer control white and color lights separately. I would gladly give it up that stupid hole I'm the bottom for it lol

Also about that accounting job - demo tanks = signing on bonus?

thelawnwrangler

Stevie your basket is putting my skimmer out of business it looks like. Wondering if the addition of directed flow over filter floss in the media basket is resulting in the diminished production of skin-mate or if I now have a skimmer problem. Does it make sense my protein skimmer is doing less now that I have the floss in place? I think it does but a total newbie to saltwater filtration.

Yes because the floss is catching detritus from the start instead of the skimmer a little at a time. I would still run the skimmer as it will still get dissolved solids just not as fast. They work well together.

thelawnwrangler

Yes because the floss is catching detritus from the start instead of the skimmer a little at a time. I would still run the skimmer as it will still get dissolved solids just not as fast. They work well together.

thanks for reassurance- There is a definite uptick in my filtering and water clarity

I already need to change my floss again - it is really pulling some crude

It will be more often at first if you've never run floss. Then as that water is cleaned it will be a 1x per week change depending.

Feed with the filtration pump off.

• 2 months later...

I have had a long ongoing debate with Fluval about this and they are adamant that the (original) design is good, and was tested for months prior to launch.

It has only been changed due to customer demand.

I really want to get one of these for my M40, but the local (UK based) LFS is charging somewhat over the odds at the moment.

That said, I really appreciate what gone into this and will invest very soon.

Great job!!

EDIT - There is no skimmer room in chamber 3? Any ideas?

I have had a long ongoing debate with Fluval about this and they are adamant that the (original) design is good, and was tested for months prior to launch.

It has only been changed due to customer demand.

I really want to get one of these for my M40, but the local (UK based) LFS is charging somewhat over the odds at the moment.

That said, I really appreciate what gone into this and will invest very soon.

Great job!!

EDIT - There is no skimmer room in chamber 3? Any ideas?

Hagen USA knows it was a stupid design. Their know it all celebrity face designed the chambers like an idiot.

If it is so good why doesn't every one do it?

Anyway we did send some of these to a new wholesaler in the UK

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/justbuyit-uk/_i.html?_nkw=basket&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4634

I don't see the M40 basket listed so he either forgot to list it here or sold out. Maybe send Mendel a message and find out. I also see he needs to correct one listing as it's for the M60/90 basket but titled under the Innovative Marine.

Otherwise we do ship direct to the UK.

The Tunze 9001 will fit in chamber 3.

Hagen USA knows it was a stupid design. Their know it all celebrity face designed the chambers like an idiot.

If it is so go why doesn't every one do it?

LMAO!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
squamptonbc

Just curious if anyone knows if the 3 tank sections on the M40 is necessary. The way I have mine set up I don't use the middle section for anything, and if the first section was open, seems there would be a bit more options skimmer wise.

Is that center chamber necessary if its not used for anything?

• 3 months later...

Got M90 last week, the opening of first baffle is downward now; purchased the media basket, works nice.

Thanks inTank. :happy:

I placed TUNZE 9004, Mr. Aqua UV and IM Media Reactor at 2nd chamber, and Seachem Matrix in 3rd chamber.

Tried EHEIM 1200 pump, but the returned water flow is too slow, failed. Now using TUNZE 211GPH pump, works fine.

Archived