SaltCritters.com

** Fluval M Series, M is for Media Basket? **

inTank

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Just got word the M40 media baskets are done!

Will update more later this afternoon after visiting the inTank oompa loompa manufacturing facility

The M60/90 units are being built now and will be done next week. I am leaving on an annual snowmobiling trip Thursday so they may be ready for sale the following week as it takes a few dedicated hours to do the graphical and business work.

The surface skimmers are next on the build list after the M60/90 basket. I am pretty confident that they will be an extra piece and not included with the baskets to keep overall price points down.

I know they're just prototypes, but can you make the surface skimmer as thin as possible? Or is that the smallest dimensionally possible?

Jeff

I know they're just prototypes, but can you make the surface skimmer as thin as possible? Or is that the smallest dimensionally possible?

Jeff

We make all prototypes with the final material thickness for fitment and build quality. IIRC it is 1/8" and as thin as we can make it while still being structural. It's pretty thin.

It will also be in black, clear is just for mock up cut on scrap

thelawnwrangler

lol doh- thanks

enjoy trip

now I have to figure out what to put in 3rd chamber lol- Maybe a reactor if I am still struggle with nitrates

We make all prototypes with the final material thickness for fitment and build quality. IIRC it is 1/8" and as thin as we can make it while still being structural. It's pretty thin.

It will also be in black, clear is just for mock up cut on scrap

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I wasn't referring to the thickness of the acrylic, but rather the depth overflow to the wall.

Jeff

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I wasn't referring to the thickness of the acrylic, but rather the depth overflow to the wall.

Jeff

I do not think it would work as well if it was less deep. Causing the water to drop drastically improves the surface skimming.

Approx how much will the water level increase in my display with the surface skimmer add on vs the regular teeth?

Display not much IIRC from testing. It will more affect the rear chamber levels which may need adjusting after install. It isn't blocking much flow, it is more causing it to pull from the surface and fall down into the stock intake grates.

M60/90 baskets will be put of production on Wednesday.

I will try without rushing details that are so important to us to get these up for sale ASAP while juggling an annual snow mobiling trip departing Thursday. Shipping Jeff is in and orders are shipping while the boss is out.

thelawnwrangler

Nice going to order tonight- do you have any guidance on chemipure elite, chemipure, or chemipure blue if I plan to use purigen as well?

The surface skim attachment probably next week?

Yes next week, they are just about done.

There is a guide on the product page for media. If you want purigen then go with CP Elite

Nice going to order tonight- do you have any guidance on chemipure elite, chemipure, or chemipure blue if I plan to use purigen as well?

The surface skim attachment probably next week?

thelawnwrangler

Yes next week, they are just about done.

There is a guide on the product page for media. If you want purigen then go with CP Elite

Thanks- I misread it, but after look at it again it is pretty clear on suggestion lol

If you think surface skim is this week I will order with basket to save on shipping if it might be a little longer I will pull trigger on my basket. Really look forward to using it, and thanks for your service to your customers and hobby.

Archived