inTank Media Baskets

Our War Zone - In-House Production, What Does It Take?

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

In-House Production = Production In The House "Literally"

Until I'm able to setup a proper work shop, I just wanted to share my in-house production war zone and what it takes for hand-made products with the minimal tools on hand. There is a huge bridge of work between saw cut pieces to the final products, there is no way around it, only by the hands. The rest of the work are solely hand made from welding, sanding to edge polishing to the finished products.

If you appreciate hand-made and home-base products, please show some love and support, lets see more custom orders. I'm up for challenges!!! :)

My goals:

• Have a proper work shop.
  • Create more awesome products
  • See my products in your reef tanks :)
  • Attend MACNA in a near future.

My reality:

• Headache, sleep deprived, gray hair showing :(
  • Broke, broke, badly broke!!!

---> From War Zone:

21254776108_cbba470d4f_c.jpg

20821507993_ef2c2ba973_c.jpg

21254775648_78b399c06c_c.jpg

21416372146_25d1172315_c.jpg

21416372086_2f1a1be0a9_c.jpg

---> To Products:

21143354002_81e0a18a29_c.jpg

21143354272_811f1afa0d_c.jpg

21161388721_a5db657661_c.jpg

20950378462_b9c9abe8a3_c.jpg

19122091129_24c690ac81_c.jpg

21451611781_9c19102f80_c.jpg

18908576434_068cf26f22_c.jpg

20509233302_031ebeaf47_c.jpg

20168196364_4fd63c78e6_c.jpg

20706022483_07ae49b938_c.jpg

21443049345_7e5fa10daa_c.jpg

21255296678_31dbeae627_c.jpg

I like everything I'm seeing. Quality is very nice. How much for a 2 chamber dosing container? 1 for Cal and 1 for Alk. Each chamber needs to hold 4000ml as I mix 1 gallon at a time. I'd like it to have 1/4 pressure fittings for the rigid tubing to attach to draw the product out along with a tube that goes from the top nearly to the bottom of the container. Probably 1/2 inch from the bottom.

20706022483_07ae49b938_c.jpg

Ah clever!

Also that 3g frag tank is so freaking adorable. I kinda want one just because. It would be so perfect for swaps. My local groups swap is coming up...

Oceanbox Designs

I like everything I'm seeing. Quality is very nice. How much for a 2 chamber dosing container? 1 for Cal and 1 for Alk. Each chamber needs to hold 4000ml as I mix 1 gallon at a time. I'd like it to have 1/4 pressure fittings for the rigid tubing to attach to draw the product out along with a tube that goes from the top nearly to the bottom of the container. Probably 1/2 inch from the bottom.

Thank you! Sounds great. Pm me a dimensions you'd prefer (shape wise) and we'll take it from there.

Oceanbox Designs

Ah clever!

Also that 3g frag tank is so freaking adorable. I kinda want one just because. It would be so perfect for swaps. My local groups swap is coming up...

Thank you so much! :wub:

What's holding you back?

I'm offering a special combo for tank + two frag racks, tank is slightly larger as well approx 3.2G filled, 3.7G dimensions based.

http://oceanboxdesigns.com/product/3-2g-s-aio-pico-frag-tank-combo/

Thank you so much! :wub:

What's holding you back?

I already have 3 tanks up and running (IM Nuvo 24, IM Nuvo 8, 15ish g frag tank) and a 60 gallon frag tank in the garage for when I get a house. I think I have a problem... :blush:

Make me a dual filter sock holder that doesn't suck for my eshopps r300 2nd gen sump. Need to easily change out socks without having to mess with the drain lines.

I don't want some chintzsy thing that just hangs off the side.. I want a fully enclosed box so the drain lines go down into the water and then it overflows into the socks, removable lid comes of and I can just pull the socks out to replace.

Make me a dual filter sock holder that doesn't suck for my eshopps r300 2nd gen sump. Need to easily change out socks without having to mess with the drain lines.

I don't want some chintzsy thing that just hangs off the side.. I want a fully enclosed box so the drain lines go down into the water and then it overflows into the socks, removable lid comes of and I can just pull the socks out to replace.

You might try to pull the filter sock up around the drain line and then angle the neck past the holder. Hard to describe but I can replace my filter socks that way without removing the plumbing.

I already have 3 tanks up and running (IM Nuvo 24, IM Nuvo 8, 15ish g frag tank) and a 60 gallon frag tank in the garage for when I get a house. I think I have a problem... :blush:

I see we have all seem to have the same symptom :)

I think i get the idea but send me some specific details on that and we can go from there. May be pics of your sump as well to give me some ideas.

Nice frag tank, MrReefer!!!!

Thank you :)

In-House Production = Production In The House "Literally"

My reality:

• Headache, sleep deprived, gray hair showing :(
  • Broke, broke, badly broke!!!
Hard work pays off.

This video is Proof of that

I see we have all seem to have the same symptom :)

I think i get the idea but send me some specific details on that and we can go from there. May be pics of your sump as well to give me some ideas.

Thank you :)

ah yes.. i see.. challenge accepted.

uDtAhFGfEuctq.gif

I made an acrylic box for filter socks that I think is similar to what MikeTR is requesting. The drain lines go into the small chamber which overflows into the sock. Changing socks is painless as no plumbing gets in the way

D593CEAC-489B-4D0C-8A7D-A6BBAA682B67.jpg

ah yes.. i see.. challenge accepted.

Why of course! :)

I made an acrylic box for filter socks that I think is similar to what MikeTR is requesting. The drain lines go into the small chamber which overflows into the sock. Changing socks is painless as no plumbing gets in the way

I have something in mind but thank you. That's a great idea as well!

Archived