Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Helena's Fluval Edge with Marine Pac 3 46L Reef Tank

Helena

I waited forever and was possibly being super extra cautious to make sure my tank had cycled before I added any livestock. Pretty boring watching bristle worms for almost 3 months though, not to mention being made fun of by all my friends and family for keeping a rock with no fish for so long. Anyway, the day I purchased my first fish the guy at my LFS said that I needed to dip all my live rock in soda water to get rid of the bristle worms before I put the fish in. Blindly following the experts I did what I was told and then got really, really nervous. Seems to have worked out ok but not all the bristle worms are gone anyway. Enough talking... here's some pics of the tank with my current livestock, protein skimmer and marine pac 3 setup. I would love some advice on what coral to put in next...

post-88435-0-09093600-1442295351_thumb.jpgpost-88435-0-04124000-1442295354_thumb.jpgpost-88435-0-62225800-1442295358_thumb.jpgpost-88435-0-17731000-1442295361_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Helena tank is looking good. I have been thinking of getting the marine pac3 for a long time now. Can you give a full review on the product also I see that you have an ATO on it too. From where did u get that please. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Helena tank is looking good. I have been thinking of getting the marine pac3 for a long time now. Can you give a full review on the product also I see that you have an ATO on it too. From where did u get that please. Thanks again

Hi. I love the product. From my point of view, I can't see why you'd want to go through trying to convert the Fluval Edge on your own. I don't imagine it would cost you much less in the long run. Neill has built a product that is well thought out, functions properly, is easy to install and maintain and looks amazing. I am very happy with the marine pac 3.

Also, he is always willing to help a novice like me with any questions that I might have!

The ATO is from reefloat. I've put it on but haven't hooked it up quite yet (tomorrow's job) so I'll let you know how that goes too.

Hi Helena, Nice tank of yours.

Would you mind describing your current equipment for us the other Fluval Edge owners? :)

Hi. The tank is running with the marine pac 3, and ATO from reefloat. the skimmer is MAME and I have no additional equipment at the moment.

• Like 1

Hi. I love the product. From my point of view, I can't see why you'd want to go through trying to convert the Fluval Edge on your own. I don't imagine it would cost you much less in the long run. Neill has built a product that is well thought out, functions properly, is easy to install and maintain and looks amazing. I am very happy with the marine pac 3.

Also, he is always willing to help a novice like me with any questions that I might have!

The ATO is from reefloat. I've put it on but haven't hooked it up quite yet (tomorrow's job) so I'll let you know how that goes too.

Hi. The tank is running with the marine pac 3, and ATO from reefloat. the skimmer is MAME and I have no additional equipment at the moment.

Ah ah this is awesome, I have the exact same set up (waiting for my MP3).

I've ordered the Bluefish controller too. Do you have it?

Ah ah this is awesome, I have the exact same set up (waiting for my MP3).

I've ordered the Bluefish controller too. Do you have it?

No I don't have the controller. Would love to hear about it when you're up and running!! Make sure to post some pics for us too!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...