Cultivated Reef

Bluefish controller with my diy setup help

andru1313

Looking to see what I would need to swap out my storm x controller for the bluefish controller. I like the bluefish and the added features. So wanted to see how difficult it would be to swap the two. Here is my current set up. Would love to get some help and see what I would need to purchase to make the bluefish work. Thanks

[*]1x coralux 5up ldd driver board

[*]1x storm x led controller

[*]2 x cree lumia 5.2 - 70w full spectrum 5 channel cree led

[*]3x meanwell ldd-700h led driver

[*]2x meanwell ldd-1000h led driver

[*]1x 250w 48v 5.2A DC Power Supply

Grab the Bluefish mini, unplug the dimming pins from the Storm and plug them into the Mini in the same positions, and that's about the end of it. Then go through Blinkup and setup of the Mini and you're good to go.

Thanks and wow. Almost seems to easy so I can use the same wires and ask. I don't need to buy any break out boards? I was going to order the non mini bluefish unit in case I wanted to add any additional items when they became available. Would that be the same process?

Grab the Bluefish mini, unplug the dimming pins from the Storm and plug them into the Mini in the same positions, and that's about the end of it. Then go through Blinkup and setup of the Mini and you're good to go.

The full Bluefish is a different story. You'll need to clip one of the ends of the supplied 3.5mm stereo cables and connect them to your LDD board. The bare wire is ground, red is CH1, white is CH2 I think.

The full Bluefish is a different story. You'll need to clip one of the ends of the supplied 3.5mm stereo cables and connect them to your LDD board. The bare wire is ground, red is CH1, white is CH2 I think.

Ok so basically if it came with 3 cables I would clip them and have 6 cables So then I could just wire the Lumia 5.2 (both of them) into the LDD board. So basically re wire this portion of my setup with the 3.5mm cables into the bluefish controller? appreciate the help btw..

E706C69C-D69B-4C0F-8DD3-A565C342CFF1_zps780E977F-DD01-4FDB-9520-68A7FF7A9DEB_zps

Archived