Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lightmaxx Risers for Current Orbit Marine LED Standard/PRO/IC LOOP

Oceanbox Designs

I recently purchased Current Orbit Marine Pro light fixture, I was excited to go full spectrum, since I been running only blues and whites for the last couple years. Fast forward light comes in, I set it up, I use one of their presets, after mounting the light realized how low it sat that I was not getting the full maximum coverage, so after a long search and debating what to build that would actually look nice I found the lightmaxx-stands from Ocean Box Designs and I assure you these look a 100 times better then what I would have built. Now I'm happy with both purchases what a world of a difference the stands make.

What a beautiful setup! I'm glad the lightmaxx stands are working out great for your tank and I appreciate the write up!

Thats 50G? it looks a lot smaller in the pic...lol @ tang polices.

• 4 months later...
Oceanbox Designs

Custom Lightmaxx Riser Stands on SCA 50G Rimless Starphire Cube, 10mm Glass. Running dual Orbit Marine PRO Led fixtures.

26284150552_10b4edb48a_c.jpg

26310274781_dc422cbe64_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I purchased the light stands about a week ago. They arrived well packaged and perfectly clean. The product is well made and simple yet perfect for my needs. The orbit marine light I used these on was too close to the water surface so I needed some height. The extra height helped with light dispersion and decreasing intensity. It also helps with feedings and some quick cleanings.

Very nice product that I would recommend to anyone.

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs

I purchased the light stands about a week ago. They arrived well packaged and perfectly clean. The product is well made and simple yet perfect for my needs. The orbit marine light I used these on was too close to the water surface so I needed some height. The extra height helped with light dispersion and decreasing intensity. It also helps with feedings and some quick cleanings.

Very nice product that I would recommend to anyone.

Thank you for a great review! I'm glad the light stands (risers) worked out great for your tank.

For those who is not familiar with Orbit Marine LED, it's a great LED fixture with neat programming features however the stock mount put it at about 1" off the water surface which isn't ideal and collecting most of the salt creeps, not to mention it reduces light spread and increases shadowing with the light so close to the water surface. The light stands especially work well for shallow reef tanks of 12" or less or 12"+ FOWLR tank where some in between clearance is needed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Oceanbox Designs

The logo is now made about 25% smaller and a little less intrusive. 

Here is the latest version I just shipped out today for 8mm thick glass rimless tank.

29713601260_107710b2bd_b.jpg

29893817072_a2ff4c0f90_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
Oceanbox Designs

The Lightmaxx Risers now works with 10mm thick glass. It is also a perfect fit for the latest Current Orbit IC LOOP LED as well.

These are the new 10mm version we just shipped out.

35319354790_74c19c4bdb_b.jpg

With Current-USA ORBIT IC LOOP LED

34888429513_ddc2b4b986_b.jpg

35364588005_d33ab69c87_b.jpg

• Recommended Discussions