Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

2 hours ago, n00b_nuvo said:

Hey Guys!

Does anyone know if the midsize ghost skimmer will fit in the 20 gal chambers? Or am I stuck with the small skimmer?

thank you!

Nop it wont fit only small.

I’m getting a lot of floating detritus and the only place I can think it’s coming from is the fuge. I have the inTank Fuge to keep it contained but there’s still some particles getting loose I think. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? I thought about the inTank hanging floss holder but I don’t think it will work. 

anyone using the eshopps nano skimmer on their fusion 20? there was one guy who started a thread on it but no more updates after that.  

I got to add my fusion here as well so I can officially join the club

SarlinDescent

Replied to my thread, but on the FB IM group, quite a few people use the eshopps skimmer with great results.  From what I have seem, its about 50/50 for the ghost skimmer and 90/10 for the eshopps.  It is still a nano skimmer thought.  You are not likely to pull sludge, but a very reliable dark brown wet skim is realistic.  The only catch for the eshopps is that it HAS to be in the left side second chamber.  Don't remember why, but something didn't work right in the right side.

For servicing the eshopps, I recommend keeping a solo cup next to the tank and a few foot line of air tube.  The cup doesn't remove easily, and you will mess up your height.  I just remove the lid, stick the airline in, create a siphon into the cup, and replace the lid.

1 hour ago, SarlinDescent said:

Replied to my thread, but on the FB IM group, quite a few people use the eshopps skimmer with great results.  From what I have seem, its about 50/50 for the ghost skimmer and 90/10 for the eshopps.  It is still a nano skimmer thought.  You are not likely to pull sludge, but a very reliable dark brown wet skim is realistic.  The only catch for the eshopps is that it HAS to be in the left side second chamber.  Don't remember why, but something didn't work right in the right side.

For servicing the eshopps, I recommend keeping a solo cup next to the tank and a few foot line of air tube.  The cup doesn't remove easily, and you will mess up your height.  I just remove the lid, stick the airline in, create a siphon into the cup, and replace the lid.

do you have a picture to show this? regarding servicing the eshopps? thanks for the response.

SarlinDescent

Here is the tank.  It needs a WC tonight and will look a little better after.  The bubble algae has gone crazy...  There are some picture of what the skimmer pulls and how I drain it.

20180108_134043.jpg

20170404_194019.jpg

20180108_134435.jpg

SarlinDescent
21 minutes ago, gsechen said:

get some emeralds to eat those bubble algaes!

Put one in there, but the big thing is going to be manual removal.  Hopefully I can get to it tonight.  Have 10 gallons made up for a WC.  Going to drain 5 or so, remove the rocks into the drain bucket and remove there.  Then rinse and change the second 5.  Hopefully that helps the crab out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 1:47 PM, SarlinDescent said:

Here is the tank.  It needs a WC tonight and will look a little better after.  The bubble algae has gone crazy...  There are some picture of what the skimmer pulls and how I drain it.

20180108_134043.jpg

20170404_194019.jpg

20180108_134435.jpg

How are you liking the nano skimmer?

SarlinDescent
8 hours ago, CrazyEyes said:

How are you liking the nano skimmer?

On 1/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, SarlinDescent said:

Overall I am very pleased.  The only real downside it that the cup isn't easily removable without moving the skimmer.  This can be remedied with using an airline tube to siphon the gunk out.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:48 AM, knap_123 said:

Setting up my 20 and can't decide . I have a new kessil 350 or radion gen 4 xr15

It all depends how you want to stock the tank. What’s going in it?

Hey IM owners! Looking at this tank vs the 25g Lagoon. This one is $50 cheaper and comes with some extra goodies but I am guessing the return pumps need to be upgraded anyways?

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Hey IM owners! Looking at this tank vs the 25g Lagoon. This one is $50 cheaper and comes with some extra goodies but I am guessing the return pumps need to be upgraded anyways?

Hey, I had a 20 and now have a 25 lagoon.

Definitely prefer the 25. With either you'll likely need an upgraded pump. I run a Jecod DCS- 2000 on mine at about 70%.

On 18/02/2018 at 7:48 AM, knap_123 said:

Setting up my 20 and can't decide . I have a new kessil 350 or radion gen 4 xr15

I'd vote kessil

1 minute ago, Nuggs said:

Hey, I had a 20 and now have a 25 lagoon.

Definitely prefer the 25. With either you'll likely need an upgraded pump. I run a Jecod DCS- 2000 on mine at about 70%.

I don't vote kessil

Thanks, what is it you like about the 25 over the 20?

• 2 weeks later...