Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

Thinking about getting this stand. Made of real wood. On sale via Target.com right now (plus I get another 15% off :) )

Stand Dims: 30Lx 18W 34H

Tank Dims: 24Lx15Wx13H

I would drill a hole in the back, below the drawer for the cords.

Thoughts?

stand.png

That stand looks pretty good! I would go for it if you have a factory IM stand.......

Built my own and love it as it is real wood......MDF sucks for a stand.....

• Like 2

That stand looks pretty good! I would go for it if you have a factory IM stand.......

Built my own and love it as it is real wood......MDF sucks for a stand.....

My current stand is a stand alone drawer that just happened to be in a convenient spot when I was setting up the tank. It's an aweful stand- the floor is a better option than it.

• Like 1

My current stand is a stand alone drawer that just happened to be in a convenient spot when I was setting up the tank. It's an aweful stand- the floor is a better option than it.

Well if that is the case I would say buy it..........

Here is my current stand for the bigger tank....

IMG_1138.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can you guys tell me what do you use for filter media? Quantity and when changing etc? What supplements additives? What do you use on reactor, quantities when changing? etc. Thank you.

• Like 1

Can you guys tell me what do you use for filter media? Quantity and when changing etc? What supplements additives? What do you use on reactor, quantities when changing? etc. Thank you.

All I run in mine are intank baskets in the back one side has rock rubble in it and one piece of filter floss the other side has chemipure in it and filter floss. I change the floss weekly along with a water change.

I dose amino and that's it.

• Like 1

Currently I run GFO & Carbon in an IM Media Reactor. I am taking the reactor offline and switching to a small amount of passive GFO and Carbon.

Additives are Red Sea Alk, Calc, and Mg.

I feed roti, oyster, nutricell and coral vit.

StevieT brought up an interesting idea and got me thinking.

Is anyone using only one of the returns? IE - remove the "Y" tube and route a direct line from pump to nozzle on one side?

I've been kicking around ideas for flow. With a jabao on one side... I'm now wondering if it would be beneficial to only run the return on a spinstream, opposite side of the jabao. This would increase the flow on that side.

I've tried two pumps in the return chamber and hated it. So many micro bubbles. Things were a mess.

Is anyone using only one of the returns? IE - remove the "Y" tube and route a direct line from pump to nozzle on one side?

I've been kicking around ideas for flow. With a jabao on one side... I'm now wondering if it would be beneficial to only run the return on a spinstream, opposite side of the jabao. This would increase the flow on that side.

I've tried two pumps in the return chamber and hated it. So many micro bubbles. Things were a mess.

I did see a fusion tank but might have been a 40 where they are only using one return. You could see the skimmer in the back chamber and nothing attached to the return on that side. I do not see why it would really make a difference. I have never had a skimmer on my set up and not really sure I will ever get one.

• Like 1

I swited by pump for a jebao dc-2000. No issues with mine. Never had and micro bubbles. Just make sure the water doesn't drop more than 1" in the return chamber.

• Like 1