ReefCleaners.org

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had my fusion 20 for several months now and I love it. I should post pics, etc. Maybe later. I think Santa is bringing me a (much needed) upgrade to the stock lighting.

• Like 1

I've had my fusion 20 for several months now and I love it. I should post pics, etc. Maybe later. I think Santa is bringing me a (much needed) upgrade to the stock lighting.

What ya thinking he will bring?!?

Happy Friday Fusion 20 amigos!

Lately I have been researching bio pellets and I'm contemplating moving to passive gfo and tossing the pellets into my reactor.

A bi product of running pellets is a nasty film and the need for a skimmer

Is anyone running a skimmer in these tanks? Which one?

• Like 1

Is anyone running a skimmer in these tanks? Which one?

I was thinking about this as I drifted off to sleep last night.

My tank has a bad case of the uglies (to me) right now. I think cause I like to target feed 13 RFA's, 4 sun coral heads, and 4 acan frags. Plus I throw some extra on the sand bed for my scooter. I haven't fed since Monday, did a water change Wednesday, and already it looks just as bad as it did before the water change.

Wondering if a skimmer might help... I have a Tunze nano skimmer but I don't know if it will fit. I hope so, cause I can't really afford a brand new skimmer!!

I was thinking about this as I drifted off to sleep last night.

My tank has a bad case of the uglies (to me) right now. I think cause I like to target feed 13 RFA's, 4 sun coral heads, and 4 acan frags. Plus I throw some extra on the sand bed for my scooter. I haven't fed since Monday, did a water change Wednesday, and already it looks just as bad as it did before the water change.

Wondering if a skimmer might help... I have a Tunze nano skimmer but I don't know if it will fit. I hope so, cause I can't really afford a brand new skimmer!!

So crazy. I did the same thing last night. I have an algae on my sandbed and its got me thinking about skimmers too.

I feed heavily. I am wondering if reef roids and oyster feast could be full of silicates.

Any way.... SKIMMERS! Nobody's using one??

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

I have the IM Ghost Skimmer. It's currently not in use because I need to move a few things around, but it seemed to do the job for me when I had it running. Don't have any prior experience with skimmers to compare it to though. It made shitty colored water that smelled like fish crap, haha. I'm also a fan of the fact that it was designed by IM, and fit right in. I'm a sucker for products all made by the same company that just work together, but after I got my HOB Fuge, I had to take it out until I can rearrange some things.

• Like 1

No skimmer on mine but I do have a pretty good size clean up crew in the sand. I thought about getting one but always read bad reviews on the ghost skimmer as that is about it for these little tanks.

Here is a shot of mine. I need a filter for the phone.....IMG_1141.jpg

• Like 2

No skimmer on mine but I do have a pretty good size clean up crew in the sand. I thought about getting one but always read bad reviews on the ghost skimmer as that is about it for these little tanks.

Here is a shot of mine. I need a filter for the phone.....IMG_1141.jpg

Looks great. Can you add the link to your build??

Added my eshopps nano skimmer and it fits PERFECTLY. Phew!

Hopefully it breaks in nice and fast. I'll let y'all know how it does!

Good choice! its probably the best skimmer available for our tanks.

Good choice! its probably the best skimmer available for our tanks.

I had it in my biocube for a long time, and it worked OK. The problem being that it only fit in the middle chamber where the water level varied, so I was always adjusting it a few millimeters here or there.

I'm excited and hopeful to see how it works in the 2nd chamber of my fusion where the water level doesn't change!!

I had it in my biocube for a long time, and it worked OK. The problem being that it only fit in the middle chamber where the water level varied, so I was always adjusting it a few millimeters here or there.

I'm excited and hopeful to see how it works in the 2nd chamber of my fusion where the water level doesn't change!!

Its what I will be putting in my new 20, I was reassured by a local LFS owner that it is a no brainer when it comes to skimmers to put the eshopps one in the nanos. He was also running one in a mixed reef display nano.

• Like 1

Added my eshopps nano skimmer and it fits PERFECTLY. Phew!

Hopefully it breaks in nice and fast. I'll let y'all know how it does!

Sweet. Anxious to see what you think.

I've been considering the eshopps or the skimz nano skimmers. Not seeing great reviews for the skimz though.

Is anyone using a non-IM stand?

I am moving to a new home Nov 30th and taking the opportunity to upgrade the stand. I'd love to hear if anyone's found a good one out there.

High fives.