Cultivated Reef

Fusion 20 Gal Club

uwdanno

• 9 months later...

bta's in this tank? I have had the tank setup for 3 months now, and i can wait for the recommended six, but I was wondering if its possible to keep a bubble tip anemone in this tank along with trying to keep a mixed reef with some sps in there.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2018 at 11:19 AM, Infinite0180 said:

Hey guys,

im slowly setting up a fusion 20 and today i recieved my ehiem jaher 75 watt trutemp heater. I picked this up on marine depot thinking it would be a good chioce and im pretty sure i saw it listed in plenty of the build threads on here for the fusion 20. Anyways i pulled it out and it appears that in the 2nd chamber its too long. anybody using this heater? Were should i put it? I dont want it in my display! Should i send t back and get the cobalt neotherm? Thanks...

Yours doesn’t fit?  I just set my tank up tonight and there was plenty of room. 

6EBAB15A-30BA-4C27-A3D5-71C7C94C1CEE.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Hi guys.  Just got my tank set up and cycled. Love it so far.  Things have come a long way in 10 years!  

Was curious if any of you are using surface skimmers to raise your water level?  I love it at the high level it's at now giving me a bit more volume and pleasing aesthetic, but now my mesh lid won't fit on properly which upsets my OCD lol.  

Any one in the same boat?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone added a fuge in the back with an intank basket and cheato light that actually had an impact on their nutrients?  Or is it just too small of a spot to make a difference?  Curious before I drop $100 putting it all together. 

thanks

On 11/8/2019 at 11:57 PM, Bells>Waimea said:

Hey Guys,

Has anyone added a fuge in the back with an intank basket and cheato light that actually had an impact on their nutrients?  Or is it just too small of a spot to make a difference?  Curious before I drop $100 putting it all together. 

thanks

I tried it for a bit but removed it. The cheato definitely grew, which means it was doing its job. I removed it so I could have the compartment for a reactor instead. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I just got my 20 setup, and while it's cycling I'd like to get some input on what folks are using for filtration.....     

Some questions if folks don't mind sharing:

One media basket or two?

What are you running in your media basket(s)?

Skimmer or no skimmer

Filter sock or no sock?

I don't really like the factory filter sock that it came with simply because of the fitting attached to the top would make it harder to clean and I think more expensive to have a few laying around.  

My preliminary idea was to get an additional media basket from intank (tank came with one) to run two media baskets.  Then run filter floss x2, chemipure blue nano x2, and purigen x1.  That's my initial thoughts anyways, thoughts??  

Additionally, if folks don't mind sharing what ATO they are using (if you are running one) I'd be delighted to hear what folks are running and maybe where you put your floats or sensors.  I kind of want to get an ATO on the way as I've already discovered in two days the evaporation is pretty severe on this unit.  I have a media basket and autoaqua smart ato as well as some chemical filtration in my cart at intank but thought I'd gather some community opinions before pulling the trigger.

Thanks all!!!  Thoughts, input, suggestions, recommendations, etc. are all appreciated immensely.  

• Like 1
On 12/9/2019 at 8:43 AM, Rookie1 said:

So I just got my 20 setup, and while it's cycling I'd like to get some input on what folks are using for filtration.....     

Some questions if folks don't mind sharing:

One media basket or two?

What are you running in your media basket(s)?

Skimmer or no skimmer

Filter sock or no sock?

I don't really like the factory filter sock that it came with simply because of the fitting attached to the top would make it harder to clean and I think more expensive to have a few laying around.  

My preliminary idea was to get an additional media basket from intank (tank came with one) to run two media baskets.  Then run filter floss x2, chemipure blue nano x2, and purigen x1.  That's my initial thoughts anyways, thoughts??  

Additionally, if folks don't mind sharing what ATO they are using (if you are running one) I'd be delighted to hear what folks are running and maybe where you put your floats or sensors.  I kind of want to get an ATO on the way as I've already discovered in two days the evaporation is pretty severe on this unit.  I have a media basket and autoaqua smart ato as well as some chemical filtration in my cart at intank but thought I'd gather some community opinions before pulling the trigger.

Thanks all!!!  Thoughts, input, suggestions, recommendations, etc. are all appreciated immensely.  

Such a great tank! Everything you listed is really up to your own preference. I would recommend going to the first page of this thread and poking through the list of tanks indexed. Find a couple that align with the goals and corals you want to house and then mimic their builds. Most people list what equipment they've used in their build threads. 

Good luck. 

1 minute ago, uwdanno said:

Such a great tank! Everything you listed is really up to your own preference. I would recommend going to the first page of this thread and poking through the list of tanks indexed. Find a couple that align with the goals and corals you want to house and then mimic their builds. Most people list what equipment they've used in their build threads. 

Good luck. 

I've been working on this as time permits.  I thought asking here may save me some screen time and get me straight to the helpful bit, lol.   I'll continue surfing through the build threads but if folks want to chime in on their preferred filtration that would be fantastic!  

I’ll play along.  Just broke a 50g tank down and set up this Nuvo 20.  Awesome little AIO tank/setup!  Running a media basket with Nano Blue and PhosGaurd, IM UV light.  Lighting in Radion XR30 Gen 3; on 35% intensity right now. 

3 clowns are all I kept in this tank.  Probably going to make it a BTA tank for them eventually. 

CD146A18-C5B3-44FC-9F82-FFF0EA0AB545.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Heres mine. Next year will be a frag tank as having a large custom built. But for now, its very nice as the display!

I managed to fit an aqua c remora s and hangon refugium to help with the bigger (temporary) bio load.

Adding somw corals today. Will update 🙂

20200806_235038.jpg.511a62af1f50c099ab45498e2d49ed1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Curent shots of my 20. I recently replaced the tank a few months ago after cracking the old one I had for several years. Upgraded to the pro verson with the controllable pump slightly more powerful than the one I was useing. I added a eshopps nano skimmer around the same time I need to empty it may need an adjustment it's rather light right now. About to do an over due water change rn some of my corals arnt too happy the LPS are not inflating fully especialy my largest trach.

20200825_133638.jpg

20200825_133315.jpg

• Like 2

Hey new to the nuvo 20 thread. I combined my im 10 and a couple other tanks into a 20. Hope you guys like it. Still need to fill the tank with corals but been really busy and crazy i made it this far. 

6C632F87-651D-4A5B-8438-A8ED3DC11CE6.jpeg

D370AA87-091E-4C99-8B10-B2A2A73CE54B.jpeg

8BE1799E-0213-4B3F-87C1-FC261A9701CB.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kriswendorf said:

Hey new to the nuvo 20 thread. I combined my im 10 and a couple other tanks into a 20. Hope you guys like it. Still need to fill the tank with corals but been really busy and crazy i made it this far. 

6C632F87-651D-4A5B-8438-A8ED3DC11CE6.jpeg

D370AA87-091E-4C99-8B10-B2A2A73CE54B.jpeg

8BE1799E-0213-4B3F-87C1-FC261A9701CB.jpeg

Looks great!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some asked for the parts list for my stand from ikea. You will need to order 2 of the doors, 2 4pks of the legs(only use 6), and 2 orders of hinges. Handles are optional. I didnt order any looks cleaner. I left the two holes in the back of the cabinet open and took the plastic pieces out so i can pass the wires through. I also cut a hole in the middle down low for wires. Finally the shelves i ripped an inch off the back and made new notches in the under side of the shelves for the pegs so i can pass wires through the back of the shelves too. 

27978644-7DA0-48D5-A932-5AE3A55D9FF2.png

6D88F1D2-0CDF-4430-A271-6EC742B8A87B.png

E30B876B-F732-4994-8F67-7C288D9AF595.png

BAA11057-0C11-4A02-9536-9BAF0472F75F.png

540128CF-9FA8-4631-8EAC-71A1EDAD201F.png