ReefCleaners.org

Wretched 66 SCA

Wretched

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't want to get rid of the tank, but as I said I become attached to my animals... I also don't want them to die. I've lost 4 torches in the last couple of weeks and there's not much i'm doing to prevent/maintain.

Thank you every one for your wishes and thoughts, it means a lot. I'm not one to talk about my struggles, pride.... Army built me that way :\ I'm also not one for sympathy, I will get through this! I have a bunch of folks offering to "house sit" my corals for me, which is very kind. I know what ever route this takes, i'll be covered by the great help of friends and my NR family. Thank you again!!!!

Update! Got very good news and bad news....

GOOD NEWS FIRST -> Biopsies came back resulting with NO CANCER.

BAD NEWS -> I was diagnosed with Chron's Disease. I've been dealing with this since 2011, after a deployment to afghan... It's difficult, but I think i've already began my attempts and treatment of coping over the years. I go back to the VA next week to discuss a treatment plan, and nutrition.

I do have another testing coming up where I have to wear a camera through my nasal passage into my esophagus for 24 hours. They want to test the strength of my esophagus as they believe it's "not expanding and contracting normal."

A lot of weight lifted off the shoulders.

Thanks everyone for your prayers/thoughts.

I've reduced my tank maintenance/worry almost to nothing. Monthly water changes is it. I don't plan on breaking down, but I also don't plan on expanding. So here's a shot I took under full blast blues and a "light amber" gel filter.

2015-11-07_17.24.09_zpsf3lgb2n9.jpg

So glad to hear the good news, Wretched. And the tank looks great! Positive thoughts will keep coming.

Great news! Glad it came back negative.

Tank looks really good too

Thanks folks, it's a huge mental weight gone... I have a journey ahead of me, but I can breath...

Congratulations on the biopsy results. Neither option is fantastic but the outcome is definitely the more manageable outcome. One of my friends suffers from Chrons, has done since he was a boy and is in his 30's now. It is very manageable once you get the nutrition sorted out but that can be a bit of trial and error.

Wishing you all the best :).

Good news! I hope your other test goes good too.

Your tank is looking great by the way.

So glad to read the good news! Your tank looks outstanding as usual!

Good news indeed, glad to hear things are looking up.

Yay! so happy to hear about the negative cancer. What a wonderful veterans day surprise.

Your tank is absolutely beautiful.

Chrons is no fun, but great news nonetheless!

Tank looks great!

Congratulations on the biopsy results. Neither option is fantastic but the outcome is definitely the more manageable outcome. One of my friends suffers from Chrons, has done since he was a boy and is in his 30's now. It is very manageable once you get the nutrition sorted out but that can be a bit of trial and error.

Wishing you all the best :).

Thanks folks, I feel much better now that I know i'm cancer free and can focus on what I need to do to maintain proper health with CD. It's been a few years since feeling like this, and thought it was all normal and everyone felt this way... Apparently not, lol. All your thoughts and wishes truly mean a lot. Thanks for being such a kind community.

As for the tank, it's still up and running. I've been battling brown jelly disease for a few weeks and I think I found the culprit! So for some time now my clowns hosted my large 14 head torch colony, slowly but surely it was dying. Until recently heads were being nipped at and loved too hard by the clowns, I noticed cuts in the flesh... Then the next day, boom BJD. I think it spread throughout the system because I kept that torch in there for so long w/ the abuse. I took the colony out yesterday, and i'm performing numerous 10g waterchanges over the next few weeks. I know it's an internal disease, but I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea. In my 5+ years of owning euphyllias i've never had luck dipping them, it only made things worse-off. Tank still looks full and grown, but with a death result of:

1 Rainbow torch

4 heads of my 50+ head frogspawn

10 heads of the green torch(clown host)

Also to mention, I ditched Red Sea Coral Pro salt and went back to my original D-D h2ocean. I used h2ocean prior to RSCP(used RSCP for 1.5 years) and have had excellent results with it. I switched to RSCP because at the time I had a couple large colonies of birdnest and montipora which I no longer have...

Long post, but here's an awesome picture of my Indigo Dottyback I got from Petco a month or so back for 15$!

2015-11-16_15.00.50_zpsr48e6ctd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your health love that big leather coral you have

Thank you, sir!

Updated FTS.

Haven't seen brown jelly in a couple weeks + so i'm hoping we're in the clear.

IMG_20151125_135301_zpshwib7kix.jpg

Thank you, sir!

Updated FTS.

Haven't seen brown jelly in a couple weeks + so i'm hoping we're in the clear.

IMG_20151125_135301_zpshwib7kix.jpg

Hey man, i know how you feel i was diagnosed with chrons disease monday, it sucks. Got a couple cookbooks and lists of items i have to eat =/. Stay strong man, glad to hear you are not leaving the forum :)

The tank looks great, good luck!

Hey man, i know how you feel i was diagnosed with chrons disease monday, it sucks. Got a couple cookbooks and lists of items i have to eat =/. Stay strong man, glad to hear you are not leaving the forum :)

The tank looks great, good luck!

Sorry to hear that! Thanks for coming along, it's been a long few months but I am feeling more comfortable(as can be) each day! Waiting on the Veterans Affairs Hospital is dreadful... Take care of yourself, sir!

Archived