Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fusion 10 - what would you do?

frootbat

I have a Fusion 10, pictured below. I have a nice big rock in the corner that I like, a neon polyp toadstool on a small rock, and another small rock (front left) that has some GSP and is home to a bristle star hitchhiker.

I'm considering moving the small rock in the front to my picotope, and putting the toadstool in its place.

My stocking plans are a clown pair, zoanthids, a chalice, and maybe in a few months an easier SPS like seriatopora. I wouldn't mind trying to get something like GSP or zoas to grow on the glass bottom.

My question is, what to do with the existing free space? Add another leather/toadstool hosting option for the clowns? Some kind of rock for more corals? Or just leave it as is for a minimalist look?

I appreciate any constructive criticism, as I can't aquascape to save my life, which is why I have a big pillar in the corner :)It is a nice rock though...

DXA08Cg.jpg

Invisible tank. The best kind. Keeps money in the wallet.

Not true, it has one of your invisible media racks in it :)

Man thats the nicest invisible tank I've ever seen. The total absence of color is just mind-blowing

LOL, OP updated with a picture of my invisible tank.

Not true, it has one of your invisible media racks in it :)

LOL, OP updated with a picture of my invisible tank.

DONT let the rock touch the glass. You wont be able to clean that area and it will look terrible within a few weeks. Leave at leash 1/2 inch

Otherwise I like it. Im guessing Zoas on the front left rock?

Ugh, I don't know if the rock will stand on its own, but very good point, I'll need to do something about that. Move it so that instead of leaning on the glass it is leaning on the back wall?

Yeah, it won't work, I'm going to have to start all over :(

I guess it's time to start looking at cube scapes and try to find something easy to do. I suppose I'll take the hammer and screwdriver to the rock and hope I get lucky. *sigh*

The little rock in the front has GSP, they just aren't open in the picture.

Good luck!

What I did with aquascaping (I have 0 skill/ style lol) was to build something I liked and ost it for critique. Then based on the comments I would make a second version and post that. It turned out really well by the end!

Well, I split the rock, and did the jigsaw puzzle thing, and this is what I settled on. The tank is a little foggy as a result. I like this better, more room for corals, and not touching the glass (thanks Harry!).

I may add sand later, but I still want to try to grow something on the glass. If that fails, I can always still add sand. The little rocks will end up in the Picotope, and I'll figure out how/where to remount the green leather thingie somewhere.

EUimYbp.jpg

Archived