ReefCleaners.org

IceCap Gyre Interface Module

Mirya

Is the IceCap Gyre Interface Module only available direct through CoralVue or will other retailers that sell Gyrs (eg Marine Depot, BRS, etc) also carry these?

Is the IceCap Gyre Interface Module only available direct through CoralVue or will other retailers that sell Gyrs (eg Marine Depot, BRS, etc) also carry these?

I believe BRS does. I saw it when it purchased my gyre.

I believe BRS does. I saw it when it purchased my gyre.

The weird thing is, when you click the link on BRS' site for the IceCap module it takes you to a 404 page. :/

So Marine Depot, I see you are stalking this thread. What is the word on these modules?

The weird thing is, when you click the link on BRS' site for the IceCap module it takes you to a 404 page. :/

So Marine Depot, I see you are stalking this thread. What is the word on these modules?

Let me check and get back to you!

I wouldn't calling it stalking, per se. lol I have alerts for various variations of our brand name set up to email me when we're mentioned online so I can stay on top of support issues and connect with hobbyists who mention us.

CoralVue told us exactly one month ago that the first 200 units would be sold directly through their website and that the next production would be larger and opened up for distribution by retailers like MD. Seeing it available at other online stores has us perplexed, so we've reached out to CoralVue to see if we can add it to our next order. Awaiting a response now...

sorry to hijack but since we have your attention, can you ask CoralVue when they will start selling the Gyre with the rugged 4 blades instead of 8? Last I read, they are suppose to be here in the Fall...and it's about Fall season now =P. I am holding out on purchasing the Gyre till the 4 blades come out.

I wouldn't calling it stalking, per se. lol I have alerts for various variations of our brand name set up to email me when we're mentioned online so I can stay on top of support issues and connect with hobbyists who mention us.

CoralVue told us exactly one month ago that the first 200 units would be sold directly through their website and that the next production would be larger and opened up for distribution by retailers like MD. Seeing it available at other online stores has us perplexed, so we've reached out to CoralVue to see if we can add it to our next order. Awaiting a response now...

I figured you must have some type of bot to alert you when "Marine Depot" was said. It just made me laugh 'cause it made me think Marine Depot has otherworldy powers... like saying "Bloody Mary" into a mirror three times.

Anyway, thank you for looking into the IceCaps!

I figured you must have some type of bot to alert you when "Marine Depot" was said. It just made me laugh 'cause it made me think Marine Depot has otherworldy powers... like saying "Bloody Mary" into a mirror three times.

Anyway, thank you for looking into the IceCaps!

We just tried saying "Bloody Mary" into the mirror three times and this delicious beverage appeared! ;)

recipelarge_sriracha_bmary.png

I talked to chris at salty supply. He said you need the cable to link two gyres together, but also still need two of the modules? Im not posotive on this, but i assume its correct if he spoke to coralvue. I havr two gyres so id want to be able to use these asap with me apexI' I'll wait until info is coming from chris at coralvue.

• 3 weeks later...
CoralVue Aquarium Products

I talked to chris at salty supply. He said you need the cable to link two gyres together, but also still need two of the modules? Im not posotive on this, but i assume its correct if he spoke to coralvue. I havr two gyres so id want to be able to use these asap with me apexI' I'll wait until info is coming from chris at coralvue.

Each Gyre requires its own Interface Module (GIM).

Marine Depot should have the Gyre Interface Modules (GIM) for sale on one week.

Chris

Marine Depot

Each Gyre requires its own Interface Module (GIM).

Marine Depot should have the Gyre Interface Modules (GIM) for sale on one week.

Chris

internet_fist_bump.png

sorry to hijack but since we have your attention, can you ask CoralVue when they will start selling the Gyre with the rugged 4 blades instead of 8? Last I read, they are suppose to be here in the Fall...and it's about Fall season now =P. I am holding out on purchasing the Gyre till the 4 blades come out.

The XF130 is now coming with the rugged 4 blade rotors, the XF150 in around 6 weeks.

Chris

The XF130 is now coming with the rugged 4 blade rotors, the XF150 in around 6 weeks.

Chris

So if i order one now, it will have the 4 blade rotors? Or do I have to wait till the existing stock is depleted?

All of the XF130 Gyres Marine Depot has have the new 4 blade rotors. If anyone buys a XF130 Gyre with the old rotors I'll send the new version free of charge.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

All of the XF130 Gyres Marine Depot has have the new 4 blade rotors. If anyone buys a XF130 Gyre with the old rotors I'll send the new version free of charge.

Chris

Both Chris and coralvue are ignoreing me. I have the first series poopy rotors, with a gyre of mine needing replacement rotors a few months ago. I asked for the rotors and got a long winded answer about how newer customers are treated fairer than one that's been buying there crap for years. Obviously they designed new rotors for the reason of there old , first ten style suck! I'm glad I sold off my ecotech products, I'd hate to have real customer service, with real answers and actual replies.

If anyone buys a xf130 Gyre with the old rotors I'll send the new version free of charge.......bullshit! This statement is untrue!

Archived