ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

The new tank is looking good and props to you on the TOTM! I'll probably make it by the shop tomorrow sometime I'll say hi if I see you there

Thank you!

Tuesday was my last official day, but I still need to drop off stuff from my 3g and other fishie items, so I might be there!

Hey yoshi, finally got some water in mine and new light on. 20150916_182115.jpg

Nice! That big shelf looks impressive! Is it stable/glued? Idk where you are, but I'm always considering earthquakes here

The mini shelf in the front on the right looks interesting, is it glued? Looks like a balancing act

Have a safe trip. :) UCSD / Scripps institution is where I would have liked to have gone to school if I had deep pockets, or if my brain was big enough for scholarship. You will love it down in San Diego.

• Like 1

9 hours of lovely traffic-filled hours later, I dumped everything in the tank, looks ok. We'll see tomorrow. I ran out of water and had to add a bottle of freshwater (drinking water)

I also found out we don't have ac :tears:

• Like 1

Came back from lunch to find this tank at 85 degrees :tears: Probably because I forgot to take the lid off before I left this morning

Stuck a fan on it, it's slowly coming down. I'm throwing some water bottles in the freezer for future heat wave emergencies.

Now....I need to find some water!! Well first I need to check my sg, but evap is going to be bad.

I also don't have any water conditioner on hand, so I need to find a petco or something nearby

• Like 1

Soapfish is ok and eating! :)

Tank is around 79-80 right now, I added a frozen water bottle, partially to cool the tank down, but also to raise the water level

The tyree green polyp toadstool is sloughing off a brown layer of goop, but it should be ok after that.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to start rearranging the tank, I'll get pics up for you guys :)

• Like 5

Welcome to your new place! I've been to SD about a hundred times for work over the years and always love it there :)

Hopefully you won't have more trouble with temps now that the weather is starting to cool. Can't wait for pictures!

I picked up a tank from petco over the weekend. But ill be using it for a betta.

Cant wait to see your pics!!

Still cool B)

Welcome to your new place! I've been to SD about a hundred times for work over the years and always love it there :)

Hopefully you won't have more trouble with temps now that the weather is starting to cool. Can't wait for pictures!

Yeah it's been a little cooler, so the tank has been around 79F

I still haven't got a chance to arrange anything, including some stuff on my desk, but here's a quick pic during feeding time tonight

2015-09-23%2023.06.37.jpg

• Like 6

Looks really good Yoshi. I'm sure you'll be able to study harder with a piece of the ocean on your desk.

Thanks!

Hopefully I don't get distracted instead :lol:

I still haven't visited any LFSs! And my tank has been getting topped off via free bottles of drinking water :lol:

I want to visit Aqua SD and Aquatic Warehouse soon, I'm kinda just waiting for all the social events to die down first

You find a DI water source yet? Start poking around on campus. There has to be a Lab or something with some clean water you can steal.

Not yet, but I just had my first class today, so I haven't met any professors that will let me steal their water yet

Does Aqua SD sell RODI?

Aqua SD is hiring right now if you need a part time job.

Thanks, I would apply, but I don't have a car, and it looks like it would take me a little over an hour to get there by bus. I'm applying for a lab job on campus, if that doesn't work out I might consider AquaSD, but I'm aiming for an on-campus job this year.

But still, thank you for letting me know :)

I'm currently awake for my morning Calc 3 class, but I'm also taking urban sociology, intro to marine bio, and a Marine bio seminar class. But also genetics in case I can't get into marine bio

• Like 2

I'm currently awake for my morning Calc 3 class, but I'm also taking urban sociology, intro to marine bio, and a Marine bio seminar class. But also genetics in case I can't get into marine bio

sounds good dude. If I had to switch majors it would be to marine bio...but I just don't know what I would do with it. I actually have no idea what I'm going to do with the stuff I'm taking right now lol

Good luck in SoCal. Basically a whole different country down there compared to the Bay :D

Thanks! Yeah its pretty different, but it's still beautiful! Went to the beach today and spent most of the time in the water cause it was so warm

sounds good dude. If I had to switch majors it would be to marine bio...but I just don't know what I would do with it. I actually have no idea what I'm going to do with the stuff I'm taking right now lol

What's your current major?

I'm probably going to try to do research

I heard your can get free saltwater at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.

Good luck with everything!

n

Yeah I think so. My problem is getting Rodi

Thanks!

• Like 1

You'll love SD, I was there for my 1st 3 years in the Navy. You'll never have to worry about social events dying down because there is ALWAYS something going on every weekend there, wife and I really miss SD.