Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Lol pretty similar. Luckily I got my dad's old car- its not "Mine", but its kind of mine haha.

RC Quadcopters

Reefing

Flying ($$$ :wacko::blink::wacko: )

Gas

Yea flying is extremely expensive, but at the same time so is skydiving and all your doing is falling to the earth at 200 mph. But my budget always gets screwed, like the other day I was going to order the light for Rembrandt, but I came into my car part store and saw a sweet nos bottle sitting there and guess what ? I bought it, there goes the light. Yea halo jump are expensive but they are worth it. Having to ware an oxygen mask and jumping out an airplane at 30k Feet High, Hell Yea
  • Like 1

Yea flying is extremely expensive, but at the same time so is skydiving and all your doing is falling to the earth at 200 mph. But my budget always gets screwed, like the other day I was going to order the light for Rembrandt, but I came into my car part store and saw a sweet nos bottle sitting there and guess what ? I bought it, there goes the light. Yea halo jump are expensive but they are worth it. Having to ware an oxygen mask and jumping out an airplane at 30k Feet High, Hell Yea

Man in a few weeks ill take you up. Its freaking awesome... Today was "Unusual Attitudes" so all sorts of stalls, emergency descents, and heavy G maneuvers

Man in a few weeks ill take you up. Its freaking awesome... Today was "Unusual Attitudes" so all sorts of stalls, emergency descents, and heavy G maneuvers

Your flying a Cessna right, I love those little work horse and the piper cub to

Your flying a Cessna right, I love those little work horse and the piper cub

Naa I'm more of a Cherokee guy. Tried both but a Cherokee makes a Cessna feel like a slug!

ahhhhhhhh you're going to all my LFS!! Worlds collide. Idk if it's on the way or if you have time but if you can, definitely check out Ali's Amazing Aquariums, if not to buy anything then to stare at the displays haha

Naa I'm more of a Cherokee guy. Tried both but a Cherokee makes a Cessna feel like a slug!

I like the Cessna because they are so stable, well at least the one I was in.

I like the Cessna because they are so stable, well at least the one I was in.

Whats the fun in a stable aircraft? Thats like a RC car that can only go 15mph. Boring!

Whats the fun in a stable aircraft? Thats like a RC car that can only go 15mph. Boring!

The fact that your not falling out of the sky, if I want to do stunts and stupid stuff I would probably not use any of the aircraft mentioned, but if I want to just fly to a place and relax, give me the Cessna.

I just have a soft spot for Cessna

• Like 1

ahhhhhhhh you're going to all my LFS!! Worlds collide. Idk if it's on the way or if you have time but if you can, definitely check out Ali's Amazing Aquariums, if not to buy anything then to stare at the displays haha

Haha ok we'll see if I can make it to all of them!

I hope to get there at 2-3 if I leave here at 8am. I kinda wanna go earlier to check out more stores, but I'm also not a morning person. (and I haven't started packing yet)

Also, if you're free, I always like meeting other nano-reefers!

If you do put them back in, it would an opportunity to change them however you want

Thanks gena :)

Hmm that sounds cool, I'll have to think about it.

This will be my morning tomorrow, I'm hoping for no traffic fingerscrossed

Screenshot_6.jpg

I'll be checking out Seaside Tropical Fish, as Squared recommended it. I'll have some time to kill so I want to check out some other LFSs in the area too :)

Btw, I'm not moving just yet! I'm going down for orientation

Safe travels!!!! You will drive right through Burbank on your way :).

Haha ok we'll see if I can make it to all of them!

I hope to get there at 2-3 if I leave here at 8am. I kinda wanna go earlier to check out more stores, but I'm also not a morning person. (and I haven't started packing yet)

Also, if you're free, I always like meeting other nano-reefers!

Hahaha get packing! ;)

And yeah I can try to meet up. Will you have time on your return trip as well if it's just orientation?

Safe travels!!!! You will drive right through Burbank on your way :).

Thank you!

Hahaha get packing! ;)

And yeah I can try to meet up. Will you have time on your return trip as well if it's just orientation?

I didn't plan on it, but I might. But it'd have to be earlier since I want to try to dodge as much LA traffic as possible

It's 10x10, that's including the back chambers

I got mine for $50 + $5 tax (tax might be a little cheaper for you)

Open the box and make sure everything is in there

Thank you very much for the info!

I stopped by PetCo and they had ONE on the shelf. $50 and tax for me would also be about $5. I think I'll hold off and wait for a sale or rewards coupon to come in the mail. I'm in no hurry yet!

I can't wait to see how this little tank turns out! It'll give me ideas! :happy:

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the info!

I stopped by PetCo and they had ONE on the shelf. $50 and tax for me would also be about $5. I think I'll hold off and wait for a sale or rewards coupon to come in the mail. I'm in no hurry yet!

I can't wait to see how this little tank turns out! It'll give me ideas! :happy:

I'm glad more people are starting up picos! :D

Whenever you get the tank, start a thread and post the link here!

• Like 1

So yesterday I got to visit 4 LFSs, and I got stuff from 3 of them. $5 and $10 frags will be the death of my wallet.

My fav was IRC, Iconic Reef Company. Their displays were so beautiful! Cool guys working there too. I had all the stores hold my stuff for Friday pickup.

I'll post pics later, maybe tomorrow. I'm currently waiting for my transfer orientation to start

• Like 3

Whew just got home. The way back took I think 2-3 hrs longer than the way there. LA traffic is the worst!

Just checked the temp on this tank, it's 84. But it feels cool compared to the 92 degree water the new stuff was in :( I didn't realize they got so hot otw home. Some tips of the dragons breath I got from squared (was sitting in a bag since Wednesday) died off, but everything else looks alive atm. We'll see if anything is dead tomorrow

I love my tyree toadstool in my pico the green on White is so cool looking.(btw ez fragging)

I hope mine looks cool too :)

So everything looks ok this morning!

It turns out the tank wasn't getting light while I was gone because even thought it was on a timer, the light "resets" once it looses power, and you have to manually turn it back on via the switch on the top of the fixture.

At least I wasn't gone for long!

Ok, LFS pics!

Seaside Tropical Fish had a bunch of larger oddball fish, including this beautiful wrasse, which I've never seen before, so I had to take a pic!

20150909_155332.jpg

Iconic Reef Company had a cool FOWLR tank in the front of the store. This puffer was HUGE! I tried to take a pic with my hand for reference, but it actually makes him look smaller. He was at least 12"

20150909_172142.jpg

20150909_172148.jpg

They had two impressive SPS display tanks in the back

This crinoid feather star was awesome! Apparently it has been doing well for them also (for almost a year I think)

20150909_172256.jpg

One tank was running on radions, the other had MH

2015-09-12%2014.12.36.jpg

2015-09-12%2014.08.28.jpg

2015-09-12%2013.55.15.jpg

This guy was awesome in the big FOWLR

20150911_155805.jpg

• Like 9

Wow cool shots Yoshi. Looks like it turned out to be a pretty awesome trip!

It was fun! I still need to show you guys all the new stuff I got! One of the gorgs doesn't look like it's going to make it, but everything else looks ok

hey yoshi, thanks again for the macro and gorg. although i have more fluffy green clumps than i know what to do with lol

did you start university yet?

Hi, thanks for the algae too! :lol: Don't worry, it doesn't really grow that fast. Time to make a green carpet? :P

No, I move in on the 19th but don't start classes until the 24th. I should start packing... omgomgomg

• Like 2