ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Yay! It has water!! I'm very much considering picking up a spec III from petco if they put it on sale... Not that I have room or time for another tank... But you know, tiny tanks are adorable!

Check out people's threads here for their spec iii's! Looks like a nice tank. You can make time :P The most annoying part of a pico is just topping it off. (unless you have an ato)

One of us

:lol:

Yay, it's wet! It's funny what you said about the caulerpa because having it there makes the tank look much more mature and inviting :)

Don't worry, there will be plenty more macros in there soon!

Cute tank and tank selfie!!! :)

Does it get that hot in San Diego? Everytime I go I freeze my butt off. And that's even in the summer LOL.

I'll be going as well. We should plan a meet and greet :). I bet Felicia and Zia will be there too!

Thanks!

I know it's hotter than here, and even if I wasn't moving, I wouldn't put a MH on this tank

I've actually only visited once, and it was raining the whole time. But everyone I know who has lived there tells me it can get pretty hot

Also, without a heater, the tank is around 78-80 during the day when it's around 72*F air temp

Yeah when it gets closer we should make a thread for a NR members meet-up!

Looking good already :) do you know what kind of caulerpa that is?

the illegal kind :ninja: pretty sure it's taxifolia, which is why I'll be throwing it out. It originally sprung up in my 10g as an unknown hitchhiker

• Like 4

the illegal kind :ninja: pretty sure it's taxifolia, which is why I'll be throwing it out. It originally sprung up in my 10g as an unknown hitchhiker

Most university students get caught with a different kind of illegal plant ;) it's a shame California banned most of the caulerpa species though, even the noninvasives.

Aaand is that a new fish? I cant say i recognize it :o

• Like 1

Most university students get caught with a different kind of illegal plant ;) it's a shame California banned most of the caulerpa species though, even the noninvasives.

Aaand is that a new fish? I cant say i recognize it :o

Hahaha

I know, they are so pretty :(

Haha yeah, it's an extremely rare Gorgonian Mimic Pipefish :lol:

• Like 1

Two LFSs in one day!

They have a nice green polyp toadstool, and green neptha, but can't frag either atm cause the owner is out of town :tears: I might just settle for a red rhodactis

There's a super pretty milli I want...but I told myself no SPS :(

Two LFSs in one day!

They have a nice green polyp toadstool, and green neptha, but can't frag either atm cause the owner is out of town :tears: I might just settle for a red rhodactis

There's a super pretty milli I want...but I told myself no SPS :(

Your new light will handle SPS with no problem, look at my tank .

Dooooooo eeeeet

Your new light will handle SPS with no problem, look at my tank .

Dooooooo eeeeet

Nooo don't encourage me! I already got the shroom

It is really pretty though....and only $10

• Like 1
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cute tank and tank selfie!!! :)

Does it get that hot in San Diego? Everytime I go I freeze my butt off. And that's even in the summer LOL.

I'll be going as well. We should plan a meet and greet :). I bet Felicia and Zia will be there too!

im also going!

• Like 2

Oh sorry, I guess I didn't explain. I have to have my other tanks down before I leave. So I'm going to set up this tank, then move it down with the rest of my stuff when it's time to move down.

• Like 3

Thanks!

I know it's hotter than here, and even if I wasn't moving, I wouldn't put a MH on this tank

I've actually only visited once, and it was raining the whole time. But everyone I know who has lived there tells me it can get pretty hot

Also, without a heater, the tank is around 78-80 during the day when it's around 72*F air temp

Yeah when it gets closer we should make a thread for a NR members meet-up!

I don't blame you! I wouldn't go MH either :).

im also going!

I will see you again, there :).

I don't blame you! I wouldn't go MH either :).

I will see you again, there :).

I'm excited to meet up with you guys! :)

Looking good.

Thank you!

I think I'm going to add a little bit more macro. But first I need to turn down the flow on the mini-jet 606! It's a bit too strong for the right side of the tank

• Like 1

Hmm should I go for one day or the weekend? If I take both summer class sessions, it might line up badly with finals :/

Also, I'm assuming the banquet is for food, but what's the reception about?

• Like 1

This thread inspired me to go with something similar picked up an aqueon evolve 4g. I like the way this thing is coming out.

:D Yay! Now start a thread and post the link here!

It's still clearing up, I'm going to put in on my work desk, in the meantime I'll use the stand for my 20x20x12 since that tank is still pieces of glass sitting in the closet.IMG_20150907_203422981_zpsyyqc4lno.jpg

It's still clearing up, I'm going to put in on my work desk, in the meantime I'll use the stand for my 20x20x12 since that tank is still pieces of glass sitting in the closet.IMG_20150907_203422981_zpsyyqc4lno.jpg

Nice! I'm probably going to move mine to a desk also

Is that the stock light?