Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Hmm. Did any other fish die?

Every last one , along with all of my coral (except for an Oregon tort frag) the hardest coral in the tank to keep alive is the only one that lived .

Every last one , along with all of my coral (except for an Oregon tort frag) the hardest coral in the tank to keep alive is the only one that lived .

I guess then it would be hard to try to find out what killed the soapfish in the first place :(

Lol that's weird but kinda cool. Oregon torts are so picky!

Just added the sand, and a "Yellow Polyps" rock. It's a little cloudy, I'll snap a pic to show you guys.

I'm currently waiting for ppl to come pick up my 55g and stand

I just got this tank recently also. I really like the all glass and glass lid setup. I noticed my blk. Plastic back wasn't siliconed to the dividers well. So I took it back and they gave me half $ on it. So that just made it even better for me. I removed everything anyway. Haha Couldn't decide bare bottom or sand. So I used textured sand color spraypaint. Ordered aqualighter nano marine to upgrade my lighting. Looking at your other tanks. I can't wait to see how you rock this one.

I just got this tank recently also. I really like the all glass and glass lid setup. I noticed my blk. Plastic back wasn't siliconed to the dividers well. So I took it back and they gave me half $ on it. So that just made it even better for me. I removed everything anyway. Haha Couldn't decide bare bottom or sand. So I used textured sand color spraypaint. Ordered aqualighter nano marine to upgrade my lighting. Looking at your other tanks. I can't wait to see how you rock this one.

Yay! We should make a club :lol:

Wow, I've never heard of using spraypaint instead of sand. Does it grow algae on it though?

Also, there's the black "stand" thing attached to the bottom of the tank, wouldn't you have to carefully cover that up if you went barebottom?

I saw online were someone had used this. They wanted bare bottom but didn't think there crabs and snails liked it. So they used this. The tank had been running awhile if I recall. I willing to give it a shot and see. Any corals will be frags off what I have and I'll start out with some hardy zoas.

Oh did I kill the suspense? Cool fish though. Something special about raising up the little guys, I couldn't pass up on the little orange shoulders you guys got in.

Haha it's ok

Oh you got one? Aren't they cute! I added 3 to the front display and they are so great in there! I wanted to add 10-15 to the tank behind the counter, but I think they are still a little too small for that.

Also, cool to see local reefers on here :) Introduce yourself next time you come in, if I'm there

No matter what paint it is, it will eventually lift off of the surface if it stays submerged in saltwater.

welp. knap, you might want to reconsider

Maybe, at least if it lifts off. I want have to scrape it off. Here's some info I found online about it. http://www.cflas.org/give-your-bare-bottom-tank-a-new-look/2316

Well that person sprayed it on the bottom of the tank. As in, the actual bottom, on the outside, which will not be in contact with water. I'm hoping you did the same? If not, it should come off with a razor blade

Ooops! Hahah at least it's a small tank.

Yeah! It's ok, everyone makes mistakes. Once I did a 100% water change on my 3g with RO/DI instead of salt and didn't notice until a few hours later :slap:

Following along Yoshii. I'm sure this tank will be awesome. Congrats on TOTM!!

Thank you! I'll try not to disappoint :)

• Like 1

It is exciting! I like the rock for sure!!!

Now that I look at the pic, I think I might have bumped the rocks around while putting sand in. Oh well, I can always wiggle them around later

Plans for tomorrow. Hmm. I might start moving some stuff over from my 10g and 3g. Idk which tank to empty first

• Like 2

Yay! It has water!! I'm very much considering picking up a spec III from petco if they put it on sale... Not that I have room or time for another tank... But you know, tiny tanks are adorable!

• Like 2

Here you go Stella :)

2015-09-05%2020.17.38.jpg

Not that exciting. Oh and I'll be taking that caulerpa out, I just threw it in there...cause

Yay, it's wet! It's funny what you said about the caulerpa because having it there makes the tank look much more mature and inviting :)

Cute tank and tank selfie!!! :)

San Diego heat + MH = probably 100 degree tank :(

Does it get that hot in San Diego? Everytime I go I freeze my butt off. And that's even in the summer LOL.

I've never been to a MACNA, but I went to BAYMAC (the last year it happened :() and it really fun

I imagine MACNA is just a bunch times more crazy

I'll be going as well. We should plan a meet and greet :). I bet Felicia and Zia will be there too!
  • Like 1