Top Shelf Aquatics

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

yoshi i love your tank.

i want to copy your style with that macro algae.

keep it !!!! its super cool.

when i moved a couple years ago i moved with about 130 tanks all still filled with fish and stuff.

i emptied them 90% got a 25' uhual made numerous trips and refilled them the next day.

it was one of the worst days of my life. the movers i hired quit and refused to move any tanks.

but keep that macro algae tank going its super sick.

Thanks for posting pics of the this tank.

I was waffling whether or not to get one as I read on other forums that this tank has been discontinued. Plus at the Petco's I've been to the lights always seem to be missing from them.

The Labor Day sale coupon I had was for 20% off so I was able to get it at $40 plus the Petco I was at it was their last one but was complete except there were 2 sets of filters and the sponge was missing. I picked it up anyways - it is a very nice glass tank. The acrylic ones I've had seem to scratch.

Since I'm into such small tanks/vases - glass seems to be the way to go.

yoshi i love your tank.

i want to copy your style with that macro algae.

keep it !!!! its super cool.

when i moved a couple years ago i moved with about 130 tanks all still filled with fish and stuff.

i emptied them 90% got a 25' uhual made numerous trips and refilled them the next day.

it was one of the worst days of my life. the movers i hired quit and refused to move any tanks.

but keep that macro algae tank going its super sick.

Thank you! Unfortunately I can't keep my 10g up and running because I can only keep a small tank when I move

That sounds like a nightmare!! Why so many tanks?

:D Thanks, I'll be following along!

That's a baller light Yoshi... Fits perfect. B)

It really is the perfect fit :D

Thanks for posting pics of the this tank.

I was waffling whether or not to get one as I read on other forums that this tank has been discontinued. Plus at the Petco's I've been to the lights always seem to be missing from them.

The Labor Day sale coupon I had was for 20% off so I was able to get it at $40 plus the Petco I was at it was their last one but was complete except there were 2 sets of filters and the sponge was missing. I picked it up anyways - it is a very nice glass tank. The acrylic ones I've had seem to scratch.

Since I'm into such small tanks/vases - glass seems to be the way to go.

Ooh nice!

I like glass for smaller tanks as it's easier to clean and you don't have to worry about scratches like you said.

My old 3g pico was plastic/acrylic and although it had tons of scratches when I got it, it still collected at least a few more under my care.

What are the dimensions of this cute little tank? Outside dimensions are fine. I am stopping at PetCo after work and might grab one if they are nicely priced!

It's 10x10, that's including the back chambers

I got mine for $50 + $5 tax (tax might be a little cheaper for you)

Open the box and make sure everything is in there

• Like 2

Hmm should I go for one day or the weekend? If I take both summer class sessions, it might line up badly with finals :/

Also, I'm assuming the banquet is for food, but what's the reception about?

I looked it up and the reception seems to be drinks and socializing. Looks like there is food too.

Well, the paint come off I sprayed no problem. Now I can't decide to leave as is. Or resilicone everything back. If I do I'm going to change the chambers up some.

If you do put them back in, it would an opportunity to change them however you want

I looked it up and the reception seems to be drinks and socializing. Looks like there is food too.

Thanks gena :)

Hmm that sounds cool, I'll have to think about it.

This will be my morning tomorrow, I'm hoping for no traffic fingerscrossed

Screenshot_6.jpg

I'll be checking out Seaside Tropical Fish, as Squared recommended it. I'll have some time to kill so I want to check out some other LFSs in the area too :)

Btw, I'm not moving just yet! I'm going down for orientation

• Like 2

I just realized I had this tank! Picked it up at petco for $40 and was using it for a while to house cichlid larvae before I upgraded them to a 28g. I wonder if its still somewhere in the closet...

I just realized I had this tank! Picked it up at petco for $40 and was using it for a while to house cichlid larvae before I upgraded them to a 28g. I wonder if its still somewhere in the closet...

Everyone needs a pico in their life :P

It looks awesome already! Very clean. Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks! I'm still going to change it a bit. I'm fragging the purple gorg for Squared tomorrow

Oh, also, I just bought my MACNA 2016 ticket! omgomgomg

I figured it's probably going to be my only chance to go to a MACNA for a long while

• Like 2

Yea true words, everyone got to own a pico. #PicoNation

Dang I want one. If I pass my FAA Written and check ride illl buy one. If not I'm out $300+, so no pico for me

Dang I want one. If I pass my FAA Written and check ride illl buy one. If not I'm out $300+, so no pico for me

Saving for my pilot license too. Just got to many shit taking it place in my budget.

Rc

My car

Who know how much on Rembrandt

And skydiving

Yea true words, everyone got to own a pico. #PicoNation

:happydance:

So much for that oil change :lol:

Pssh, I did that this morning! Tsk tsk for assuming -_-

But you have one in your closet?

Saving for my pilot license too. Just got to many shit taking it place in my budget.

Rc

My car

And skydiving

:bling:

Hey Yoshii, There are 4 really nice fish stores in that area that are worth looking at. They are all within about 10 minutes of each other.

Coral Oasis (they have great frags and prices, this is where I got those 5 dollar mushrooms in my pico)
2959 Fairview Rd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets(biggest selection of rare fish and coral I have ever seen, but not always healthy)
8976 Warner Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

IRC Iconic Reef Company (Smaller store, but really nice owners and some good stuff.)

19011 Magnolia St #101
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
and Seaside is very nice too!
Goodluck on your drive. If you see someone in a black car driving like an @$$hole, wave, its probably me. B)

Rc

My car

And skydiving

Lol pretty similar. Luckily I got my dad's old car- its not "Mine", but its kind of mine haha.

RC Quadcopters

Reefing

Flying ($$$ :wacko::blink::wacko: )

Gas

Yea yoshii, I got alot of hobby, currently I am saving up for a halo jump and that is about 1000 dollars, but at the same time I keep buying upgrade for my car, so very slowly saving and no I am not loaded, I just know how to stretch my paycheck enough to stay out of debt

Not sure the condition. I would need lighting and a bunch of stuff to get it going

You should buy my Boost par30 for $30 :lol:

Hey Yoshii, There are 4 really nice fish stores in that area that are worth looking at. They are all within about 10 minutes of each other.

Coral Oasis (they have great frags and prices, this is where I got those 5 dollar mushrooms in my pico)
2959 Fairview Rd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets(biggest selection of rare fish and coral I have ever seen, but not always healthy)
8976 Warner Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

IRC Iconic Reef Company (Smaller store, but really nice owners and some good stuff.)

19011 Magnolia St #101
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
and Seaside is very nice too!
Goodluck on your drive. If you see someone in a black car driving like an @$$hole, wave, its probably me. B)

Wow thank you!!

I'll try to check at least a few of those out! I'll probably get there around 3, meet up with Squared and check out Seaside, which will probably take me at least an hour. But I should have time to check out the other places. Usually LFSs don't close until 6 or 7

Hahaha I think I'll be waving at a lot of people then :lol:

Yea yoshii, I got alot of hobby, currently I am saving up for a halo jump and that is about 1000 dollars, but at the same time I keep buying upgrade for my car, so very slowly saving and no I am not loaded, I just know how to stretch my paycheck enough to stay out of debt

And I thought iFly was expensive.. :bling:

Lol pretty similar. Luckily I got my dad's old car- its not "Mine", but its kind of mine haha.

RC Quadcopters

Reefing

Flying ($$$ :wacko::blink::wacko: )

Gas

Lol getting gas is a hobby of yours? :P

You should buy my Boost par30 for $30 :lol:

Wow thank you!!

I'll try to check at least a few of those out! I'll probably get there around 3, meet up with Squared and check out Seaside, which will probably take me at least an hour. But I should have time to check out the other places. Usually LFSs don't close until 6 or 7

Hahaha I think I'll be waving at a lot of people then :lol:

And I thought iFly was expensive.. :bling:

Lol getting gas is a hobby of yours? :P

I meant main expenses :)

Also Chipotle. Never enough Chipotle.