Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box NEW Mini/DUO/QUAD : Huge News!

DaveFason

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the wood panel an upcharge on the Duo? Also, I just checked the site for preorders and I can't seem to find the page with the newer Duo's. The page was there yesterday.

Is the wood panel an upcharge on the Duo? Also, I just checked the site for preorders and I can't seem to find the page with the newer Duo's. The page was there yesterday.

The Nature series is $29.95 for the DUO. I am switching over but the new page should not have been up yet? Not sure how or what you saw!

On the first post it states "more info coming soon".

Just wondering what was left out.

I need to update this. I needed to make sure the QUAD was all set. Do you have any questions?

-Dave

But then nothing can blend as good as a kessil since nothing else has that neat domed surface the LEDs sit on so they all point towards the center of that hybrid lens reflector setup.

What? The chips are mounted on a flat substrate just like every other CoB LED, but has a glass primary optic sitting above the chips. If you want an example of an extremely similar LED design, look at LEDEngin

What? The chips are mounted on a flat substrate just like every other CoB LED, but has a glass primary optic sitting above the chips. If you want an example of an extremely similar LED design, look at LEDEngin

every time I look at a picture of the cob I see the substrate as a concave bit. Must be my eyes playing tricks on me.

From your website, the Mini Tide, the photo are still the old ones, not the new design posted in this thread,, so when we order, we will get the new design TIDE?

From your website, the Mini Tide, the photo are still the old ones, not the new design posted in this thread,, so when we order, we will get the new design TIDE?

It will be the new one. I will post a teaser tonight of the new website. Just fixing a few things.

Let me know if you need any help!

Thanks! Will check the site later.

For the Gooseneck, you provided choices of 9 in & 13 in, which one is good for Nuvo 8? And the Gooseneck is that covered with plastic to protect from saltwater?

9" is ideal for that tank.

Thanks! Will check the site later.

For the Gooseneck, you provided choices of 9 in & 13 in, which one is good for Nuvo 8? And the Gooseneck is that covered with plastic to protect from saltwater?

Tons of shimmer. I wont lie not as much as Kessil but more than MH.

Just curious but how pronounced are the shimmer/glitter lines given off from a DUO? I really like the MH/Kessil shimmer in the water.

It will be the new one. I will post a teaser tonight of the new website. Just fixing a few things.

Let me know if you need any help!

bout time you got that new site up. :P

every time I look at a picture of the cob I see the substrate as a concave bit. Must be my eyes playing tricks on me.

It's just the primary lens distorting the view of the substrate and chips. Example:

Here is an LED from LEDEngin with the hemispherical primary lens

04nov15-Led-Engin-LZP-00MD00-585.jpg

Here is the same LED with a "flat lens" (or no primary optic if you want to call it that)

04nov15-Led-Engin-LZP-04MD00-585-300x225

Archived