Pod Your Reef

Nano Box NEW Mini/DUO/QUAD : Huge News!

DaveFason

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a new LED array for these or are they still using the V3 LEDs?

Also, I am thinking about making my own LED for a DeepBlue 60 shallow tank that's 4 feet long. Do you think 3 of your LED arrays would be sufficient or is more needed? What do they cost these days?

Like Ben said, six is what you want for a DeepBlue 60. If it was the 80, I'd recommend eight.

Damn, Ben beat me to it lol

The V3 arrays are $54.95USD each plus shipping. I'll be using 6 arrays (2 rows of 3) on a 31.5" x 24" x 18" (LxWxH) to ensure I get sufficient coverage front to back.

Yeah, six is about right for your tank due to the increased depth. Should be a pretty awesome build!

Hey Dave! Any plans to pain the screws as well?

Thanks for all the praise guys! I am currently out of town so slow to respond but love the comments! :)

I will have more stuff next week.

-Dave

So all the fixtures got a unibody treatment then.

Fantastic. A looks upgrade without sacrificing their essential nanobox-ness + upgraded cooling performance.

Need some pics of da business end of those beauties.

Like the others stated, six would be ideal.

Do you have a new LED array for these or are they still using the V3 LEDs?

Also, I am thinking about making my own LED for a DeepBlue 60 shallow tank that's 4 feet long. Do you think 3 of your LED arrays would be sufficient or is more needed? What do they cost these days?

:)

Finally! They look fantastic, Dave :bowdown:

Lets do it!

Congrats!
My duo needs an upgrade.

Looking forward to it. :D

Glad I haven't ordered a duo yet. Looks like come December I will be placing my order!!! Can't wait!

Me too. There is something SO different but SO perfect.

Love it. The wood badass

Shoot me an email. I will have the site up and rolling this weekend.

When can we order these! When will they be placed on the website!!

New power supply is a larger desktop Meanwell. It will run everything as well.

Pics of power supply... All run on bluefish mini?

I sure will. Details to come!

Is there any way to upgrade existing nanobox power supplies and add fan control?

Yes sir. The rounded corners are VERY hard to do. But I did not want to sacrifice any of the NBR look.

So all the fixtures got a unibody treatment then.

Fantastic. A looks upgrade without sacrificing their essential nanobox-ness + upgraded cooling performance.

Need some pics of da business end of those beauties.

What's a ball park price for the upgrade kit? Ordered my nanobox a few months too soon! These new ones are sexy.

Still finalizing this for you guys. I will have an affordable option however.

-Dave

Should have the upgrade kits priced by Monday for all units.

As well I had a curve ball this week that ended up working for the better. My powder coating company upped my price by 5x. Needless to say I was not happy after all the work. As things normally work out, I have found a local anodizer that will be able to do 95% of my stuff. As well custom work for me. :)

Website is SO close and looks so much better.

-Dave

These new units look freaking awesome. Question though, I'm setting up a 90g do yall think 2 duos would work over it, one centered on each half of the tank? Tank will be mostly softies and LPS and maybe some SPS higher up at some point.

Archived