Top Shelf Aquatics

Bunster's Nanoreef

Bunster

This tank is fantastic! Definitely following.

thanks!

What a beauty!

It is... not a bad replacement for the triplespot that jumped out...

This needs to go on the new page :D

Beautiful as always!

Thanks! Although I have no idea how to do that... lol

chili-1_zpsuuxegzla.jpg

Recently couldn't resist getting a chili coral... its now hanging under my montipora

• Like 6

Stuff on my frag rack...

jedifrag-1_zpsabpp6vn9.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick Monti

zoas-1_zpswle395ie.jpg

Can't remember whats this called...

superman-1_zpsa32ucz38.jpg

Superman monti

bluezoas-1_zps5gqjzozn.jpgSome new unidentified zoas

germanblue-1_zpsjkb5gzfj.jpgGerman blue digi

tricolorbn-1_zpskgpkqcyv.jpgGave this birdsnest away recently

• Like 5

That is jaw-dropping! To think that you have all that bioload yet your sps continue to thrive. I am looking into using AIO biopellets as well, only problem is I don't want to break my no skimmer rule lol

• Like 1

Incredible tank!! Great job

Thank you!

That is jaw-dropping! To think that you have all that bioload yet your sps continue to thrive. I am looking into using AIO biopellets as well, only problem is I don't want to break my no skimmer rule lol

Its working great for my nitrates... which are ard 1-2 on my salifert testkit. But my phosphates have creeped up recently. I bought a hanna checker and to my horror it read 0.48. It used to be trace on salifert. Think I've been feeding too much.

monti-1_zpsm0fammjb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Bunster, hop on over to the acan club (in my sig) and take a look. Maybe you could show some of the guys your collection and give them some wisdom.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but what lens are you using? :)

its an Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro lens... mounted on a panasonic GX7

Hey Bunster, hop on over to the acan club (in my sig) and take a look. Maybe you could show some of the guys your collection and give them some wisdom.

Thanks for the invite!

woah insane tank... Love it. Definition of a healthy, beautiful mixed reef :)

wow. I don't know how I missed this thread! Awesome tank and pictures man!

Beautiful.

thank you everyone for your kind comments!

truerastas-1_zpsmrbw7i2a.jpgTrue rastas under blue leds

• Like 6

amazing, i hope my tank looks half this good someday

Thanks! I'm sure it will be much much better

springeri-1_zps4kng45bk.jpg

Springeri damselfish... been in my tank since the start of the year... really docile

• Like 4

Felt that the left side of my scape looks a bit dull. So I sold off a birdsnest colony there and added 2 hammers and a torch to add some movement...

hammer-1_zpsokgbs7nx.jpg

hammer-1_zpslkwz12nw.jpg

• Like 3

I'm not judging, just curious, but what is your current fish stocking list.

I tend to have more fish and larger fish than some like but I see 2 royal gamas, the damsel, a clown, firefish, midas blenny, a dwarf angel, a christmas wrasse (they get big btw), etc.

I'm kind of amazed at your ability to feed that number (or even 2/3 that number) of fish and keep your tank looking so clean and healthy.

• Like 1

I'm not judging, just curious, but what is your current fish stocking list.

I tend to have more fish and larger fish than some like but I see 2 royal gamas, the damsel, a clown, firefish, midas blenny, a dwarf angel, a christmas wrasse (they get big btw), etc.

I'm kind of amazed at your ability to feed that number (or even 2/3 that number) of fish and keep your tank looking so clean and healthy.

Here's my current fish list:

1. Royal Grammas x2

2. Springeri Damsel

3. Tailspot Blenny

4. Broadband Goby

5. Black oscellaris

6. Coral Beauty

7. Christmas Wrasse

8. Leopard Wrasse (M. bipartitus)

9. Sunset Anthia

10. Trimma goby

Yes, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I hesitate about posting my list because such heavy stocking is usually frowned upon. Nonetheless, it seems to be working out. I'm feeding the fish twice a day with pellets and with frozen mysis maybe twice a week. I do water changes 10% weekly. Currently my nitrate is around 1-2 on the salifert test kit. My phosphates read <0.03 on the salifert but recently I bought a Hanna ultra low phos test kit and found out my phosphate is around 0.4. Horrors. So recently, I added back the GFO that I took out recently because I was trying out AIO biopellets. Currrently phosphate has gone down to 0.2. Doesnt seem to have affected the corals much though. Oh there's also 5kg of live rock and the tank has been running for more than a year... so I guess that helps. I supplement biofiltration with 2 small bags of biohome. Change filter wool once a week. And oh yes, I run a skimmer too.

Oh yes, forgot to add... I'm planning a bigger tank for next year, the christmas wrasse will get a new home.

• Like 2