Top Shelf Aquatics

Bunster's Nanoreef

Bunster

Current FTS

octftfull-1_zpswjuuo9uj.jpg

octfts-1-2_zps8bd7ipgp.jpg

Sold off a colony of birdsnest on the left to make room for a couple of small hammers and a torch... I like that it adds a bit of movement to the tank.

• Like 10

This tank is super full and mature looking, love it. Should I even ask how much calcium you dose?

Edit: Are you still using the AI Hydra? Cant believe how healthy and colorful the corals look, assuming they are not overly photoshopped.

• Like 1

Current FTS

octftfull-1_zpswjuuo9uj.jpg

octfts-1-2_zps8bd7ipgp.jpg

Sold off a colony of birdsnest on the left to make room for a couple of small hammers and a torch... I like that it adds a bit of movement to the tank.

:wub: this tank is stacked!
  • Like 3

Love the new FTS, Bunster :)

The rock arch collapsed under the weight of the sps sometime in June. I decided to do away with it altogether and do a little rescape. Some of the sps weren't too happy with that and I lost some pieces. This was the resulting scape that I took last month:

ftsaugust-1_zpsty38jxsm.jpg

I love these progression shots :wub:

• Like 1

How long have you had the leopard? I assume he's eating prepared foods to survive in a tank that size, but maybe not. If not, do you regularly reseed the tank with pods? If so, did you wean the leopard on prepared yourself or did you buy him already eating prepared. If you did buy him eating prepared, was it from an LFS or an online retailer? Thanks.

• Like 1

Is it difficult maintenancing such a full tank? Cleaning the glass or siphoning the sand must be a challenge.

Cleaning the glass is ok... I'm using a nano flipper magnet cleaner which does the job quite well. I've given up on siphoning the sand, I can't reach the sand without knocking over stuff. Just hope the nassarius snails keep up their good work

This tank is super full and mature looking, love it. Should I even ask how much calcium you dose?

Edit: Are you still using the AI Hydra? Cant believe how healthy and colorful the pictures are, assuming they are not overly photoshopped.

Yes, I'm still using AI Hydra... I shoot raw files and edit them in Adobe Lightroom, just basic stuff like correction of white balance and exposure. I dose a lot of calcium and bicarbonate... need to compensate for a drop in Kh of ard 2 daily

:wub: this tank is stacked!

Love the new FTS, Bunster :)

I love these progression shots :wub:

Thank you!

How long have you had the leopard? I assume he's eating prepared foods to survive in a tank that size, but maybe not. If not, do you regularly reseed the tank with pods? If so, did you wean the leopard on prepared yourself or did you buy him already eating prepared. If you did buy him eating prepared, was it from an LFS or an online retailer? Thanks.

I've had this guy since the beginning of August. Got him at the LFS on the third or fourth day that the shipment from Maldives came in. We don't have online retailers here in Singapore. The whole batch was feeding on frozen mysis already which made things easier. Managed to wean him onto pellets after 2 weeks.

fish-1_zpszitue855.jpgHere's a recent shot

• Like 4

I've had this guy since the beginning of August. Got him at the LFS on the third or fourth day that the shipment from Maldives came in. We don't have online retailers here in Singapore. The whole batch was feeding on frozen mysis already which made things easier. Managed to wean him onto pellets after 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info. It always makes it easier when your day/night cycle matches theirs. You're lucky in that regard living where you do.

What happened to this guy? I was going back through the thread and noticed him absent from your stocking list. Nice looking wrasse.

The wrasses in my tank currently...

Triplespot wrasse ( Halichoeres trispilus )

trispilus-1_zpsplr5fmb9.jpg

Here's my current fish list:

1. Royal Grammas x2

2. Springeri Damsel

3. Tailspot Blenny

4. Broadband Goby

5. Black oscellaris

6. Coral Beauty

7. Christmas Wrasse

8. Leopard Wrasse (M. bipartitus)

9. Sunset Anthia

10. Trimma goby

Yes, I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I hesitate about posting my list because such heavy stocking is usually frowned upon. Nonetheless, it seems to be working out. I'm feeding the fish twice a day with pellets and with frozen mysis maybe twice a week. I do water changes 10% weekly. Currently my nitrate is around 1-2 on the salifert test kit. My phosphates read <0.03 on the salifert but recently I bought a Hanna ultra low phos test kit and found out my phosphate is around 0.4. Horrors. So recently, I added back the GFO that I took out recently because I was trying out AIO biopellets. Currrently phosphate has gone down to 0.2. Doesnt seem to have affected the corals much though. Oh there's also 5kg of live rock and the tank has been running for more than a year... so I guess that helps. I supplement biofiltration with 2 small bags of biohome. Change filter wool once a week. And oh yes, I run a skimmer too.

Oh yes, forgot to add... I'm planning a bigger tank for next year, the christmas wrasse will get a new home.

What happened to this guy? I was going back through the thread and noticed him absent from your stocking list. Nice looking wrasse.

sigh... went out... forgot to put the cover back on... and well...

looks great, what are you using to take pictures?

I'm using a panasonic GX7 with a 60mm olympus macro lens

chaliceeating-1_zpsw4pljxbq.jpg

Happy face! My chalice frag having a snack

• Like 5

bluetort-1_zpswmmcgyy3.jpg

Blue tort

tricolor-1_zpsfw4yogzy.jpgBirdsnest frag

icefire-1_zpsgafjix2m.jpg

Ice fire echinata... been with me for a year... the growth is really slow but its finally coloring up

superman-1_zpsk5gfclbj.jpgSuperman monti

galaxy-1_zpsfhy57zak.jpgGalaxy monti

• Like 5

Beautiful pics! Love that blue tort and the ice fire echinata :wub:

Thanks... the ice fire has come a long way since I got it a year ago... Growth and coloration really improved after I shifted it a few times to its final sweet spot...

icefire-1_zpsfc59aa9b.jpgThis was the sorry state I got it in....

• Like 1