Coral Vue Hydros

What happens when things go wrong?

eodmike

It is my opinion that you can judge a business the best when something has gone wrong. I mean when things are going right everyone is happy and there isn't anything to judge.

Well I just got my Nanobox Tide last night! It was packaged very well. A box inside of a box with bubble and plastic wrap on everything. The box looked great and I was excited.

I opened it and inspecte​d the paint job. After all half the reason I bought this light is the polished look of it. Oh no! I see a scratch, and another, and a ding, oh no another ding! Oh this makes me sad. I mean I can see he clearly took every step possible to care for the items but alas the shipping company found a way to damage the items. I can only hope Dave will make it right.

Well I should start it up and see this wonderful array I hear so much about. I don't have the tank this is intended for (being custom made right now) so I put it over my living room tank. I bought the 4 channel option and the extra moon light channel. I turn on the channels one by one and only 2 of them work. Oh no! I check and sure enough it is installed correctly and not all the LEDs are powered. Well this stinks they must of done a real number on this unit during shipping.

So I decide to let Dave know my issues. He replies so quickly he must of been checking his e-mail while I was typing. He suggest moving the connector to the bluefish over 1 spot to see if it works on the other channels. Well it does! I move it back and it now works in the other spot as well. Weird?

He has offered to make me a replacement unit to fix the paint issues and have me send back the unit to him once I receive the new one so I am not without a light at any point.

A+ in my opinion. He did everything reasonable to avoid creating an issue and even with all the prep necessary somehow it got damaged out of his control. He then responded quickly and properly and never once made me feel bad about having to contact him.

He and his company are exactly what you should want and expect from every business.

Thanks Dave for shinning when things are working right and really shinning when somehow it goes wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Marc.The.Shark

Can't go wrong with Dave & NanoBox, 1st class all the way! When you care about your product & the people you serve it shows. Sometimes when a company grows they get detached from the customer & only worry about the #'s. I don't see this happening with NanoBox. There are larger companies in our hobby that have not let their size spoil good service, Tunze & Marine Depot are just a couple that come to mind. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and I've not heard one bad thing about Dave & NanoBox...Ever!! Plus he has the best damn arrays in the business!! Lol

Archived