inTank Media Baskets

DIY KZ Coral Snow (with >97% purity)

jedimasterben

Well I dosed my tank (60 gallon total volume approximately) last night before bed with 3ml. I am not able to get quality before and afters so far but I can say that I does make a huge difference. It's like viewing the tank in HD is the closest comparison I can make. I'll try to post pics if I can get some.

• Like 1

n68vEr.jpg

About 30 seconds after dosing for me. I dosed a tad more than Ben's recommendations, about 1/6 tsp per 100L. Turned my reactors off but left the skimmer going. My fish are freaking out haha, the two cardinals who are quite unsociable towards each other are huddling together in the corner of the tank.

• Like 1

So for people running carbon and purigen already, this will make the water even clearer???? It would be like there's no water at all? Any other benefits?

I used this on 3 of my tanks and a friends and I'm still amazed at what it does I run purigen and chemipure all i did was turn them off and let it run through the tanks and collect in the sock/floss and I still can belive the difference if you have ever used coral snow this is I guess the home brew of it it a fraction of the cost just do it you won't regret it
  • Like 2

So I have dosed this probably 3-4 times now. I will say it clears the water well, love it. The stupid green bubble tip gets pissy every single time I dose, so it's not a coincidence. It comes back fully inflated and no worse for wear once the water clears but I wonder what could be causing it to get so pissy? Any ideas? Anyway, I'm going to continue using it as I have seen zero other adverse reactions.

• Like 1

What's a recommended dosing schedule?

Every day? Every other day?

Thinking about trying this, too!

As often as you'd like. Calcium carbonate is insoluble in a reef tank so it won't affect any parameters. Plus, this shit's dirt cheap :D

• Like 1

As often as you'd like. Calcium carbonate is insoluble in a reef tank so it won't affect any parameters. Plus, this shit's dirt cheap :D

Would this work at all in a brackish tank? The water in the tank seems slightly opaque..:

Running floss only.

Would this work at all in a brackish tank? The water in the tank seems slightly opaque..:

Running floss only.

Change the floss before and after and use as much flow as you can, otherwise it will just settle out in the tank. I use it in my planted tank once a week.

• Like 1

This stuff works great. Used it after my water change yesterday while there was a ton of junk in the water. I stirred the sand up and bit, blew off the rocks dosed this and the water is crystal clear today. My skimmer pulled almost a cup over night and my fresh filter sock was full of gunk.

I've been dosing 2-3 times a week or whenever I feel like it now haha. The fish are less scared of the cloudy water.

• Like 2