SaltCritters.com

SOLD OUT: Low Cost Temperature Controllers, $40 shipped *SOLD OUT*

ReefSafeSolutions

I wanted to take a moment and review this product. It's a steal and I'm so glad I bought it. After Jacobs help in calibrating it and getting it to work the proper way, I have watched it monitor my Fluval Spec V and it's been spot on with the heating and cooling. The temperature is finally relatively steady for such a small tank.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReefSafeSolutions

I apologize for my absence, the internet went out for a few days...

I've got 7 controllers left for sure, possibly 6. One is in the process of being claimed, so anyone who wants/needs one, PM me and I'll get you set up!

Also, another push for the survey! https://qtrial2013.q...2mcTzS76KzoZn13

It'll really help us out a lot if you can spare a couple of minutes and take it. Is this controller something you guys would like to see produced and sold in stores, etc.?

What heater is everyone using. I have a cobalt accu-therm and the controller doesn't seem to be working on it. I seem to remember reading some where that all heaters can't be controlled. From what I have read the accu therm heaters use a different method for the thermostat. Might need to get a new heater if I am going to use the controller. The controller itself is awesome and very high quality. Someone needs to buy the rest of these. For the price you can't beat them.

ReefSafeSolutions

Does the cobalt heater have some sort of battery so if the power goes out, the heater will stay on? I'm not familiar with the cobalt heaters so it's possible there are safety features built in that may prevent the controller from effectively turning on/off the cobalt heater.

ReefSafeSolutions

OK everyone, we're out...to those of you who didn't get a chance to order one, stay posted. We are having lots of discussion on whether or not we want to do another run. The survey data is helping out a TON, thanks to all those who filled it out.

If any of you have any questions about the controller, don't hesitate to PM me and I'll make sure you are taken care of. And hopefully we will come to decision soon and can get any info out there to you guys. I can say right now that if we do decide to do another run, we will mainly be selling direct from the website, and the screaming' $40 deal will not remain (unfortunately). But the price will still remain reasonable, likely in the $50-60 range.

Thanks again everyone, this was very interesting...definitely was not expecting this kind of response!

Well since you guys had such success on nano-reef, I think it is obvious there is a large crowd for people who don't want to shell out 200+ bucks for an apex system. I hope you guys continue and have my business if you do. Thanks!

I don't know about anybody else, but please create a mailing list for announcements. I don't always catch stuff that pops up here or any other forum (well almost any other forum, there is one whose name I will not share).

Does the cobalt heater have some sort of battery so if the power goes out, the heater will stay on? I'm not familiar with the cobalt heaters so it's possible there are safety features built in that may prevent the controller from effectively turning on/off the cobalt heater.

Nope just a plain old heater. But from what I have read it uses a different way of turning the heater on than others. Going to get a titanium heating element for my 40 breeder so I'll just wait and use it on that. Thanks again a for the awesome deal and yes you should make more and market it on other forums.

ReefSafeSolutions

I'll be setting up a mailing list tomorrow! If you ordered a controller I will add you to the list (I'll be sure to include an "unsubscribe" option) and if you want to be on the list and didn't order a controller, you are welcome to PM me and I'll add you once I get everything set up.

We are looking at a redesign based on the survey responses. Many of you wanted a smaller enclosure and mounting options. We're making that priority number one, particularly the mounting option. Making the unit smaller looks like it could be a challenge, but making the unit skinnier would definitely be doable.

To those of you who suggested a smaller enclosure, is it the thickness you'd prefer to see changed?

Just got it set up. Instructions were easy to follow and it took all of 2 min.

My main suggestion would be mounting options and perhaps have the controls/temp visual on the top (if it was skinnier). That way it could be mounted inside a door/outside a tank similar to other products to easily be read.

So I received my temperature controller and am very impressed. Temperature agrees with my thermometer AND my heater, at 79*.

I have not yet plugged in my heater or a fan into the unit as I am still watching it suspiciously (Im totally paranoid lol), but I will this weekend! :)

So I received my temperature controller and am very impressed. Temperature agrees with my thermometer AND my heater, at 79*.

I have not yet plugged in my heater or a fan into the unit as I am still watching it suspiciously (Im totally paranoid lol), but I will this weekend! :)

I did the same thing, But now I have 2 of them running with heaters attached. One for my Alligator snapper, and one on my 22L build. Holding strong, even through the power out this morning. : )

Not to rain on anyone's parade but you wanted to close out on the leftover product. Now you want to continue it?

At least pay NR for sponsorship, they did let you clear out your inventory. It's only right.

Archived