Top Shelf Aquatics

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

That was the reason behind this thread. I go to RAP every year. I usually go solo. I find it strange to talk to random people at these events. I know most of the guys on my local forum . But know I have missed out on meeting some cool people. This thread would get out of control quick on R2R or Reefcentral. I like NR it's a worldwide forum but has the feel of a local forum. This list will give everyone an idea who will be attending and an opportunity for like minded people to meet up if they choose.

Looking forward to meeting you Sancho!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will try and keep the list up to date. I know this thread will die off for awhile till MACNA gets closer. I will post any updates from my local club. If your not on the list and want to be added send me a PM. Thanks for the good reponses here. keep them comming.

This. Stone is awesome...any places with good beer a little closer to Hotel Circle?

yep. quite a few and all within a short trolley ride of Mission Valley. San Diego has really taken off for craft breweries. I will look into a beer tour if enough are interested. B)

There are about 14 breweries within 8 miles of the venue for those unfamiliar with San Diego Hotel circle is in between interstate 5 and the interstate 163 right off the interstate 8. Stone is my favorite as the food and atmosphere is the great. Although its about 25 to 30 mins drive north of Mission Valley. Karl Strauss has a beer garden restaurant in Sorrento Valley about 10 mins from MACNA. Expensive but worth it.

https://sdbg.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/upload/asset/17/SDBG-2015-map_v3.4-DIGITAL.pdf

Spiderguardnano

I'll be there can't wait for this

We got to hit up society brewery such amazing beers and environment

I will be making some beer glasses if anyone is interested

I'll be there can't wait for this

We got to hit up society brewery such amazing beers and environment

I will be making some beer glasses if anyone is interested

#YESSOMUCHTHISMAKETHEMFORMEEEEEEEE

Sorry, yes I would be interested in beer crawl and seeing your hand-made beer receptacles.

We are taking extra time while we're out there! I believe I have been to that zoo before, but I was like 14 when I was in San Diego last so I'm game for anything. Wife wasn't receptive when Tijuana was brought up. LOL

Two words:

Donkey Show

:wacko::blink::huh::o

That place is awesome. :) we have to do that. gena you need to convince the lawnman.

He said he'd go if a lot of people from the lounge are going fingerscrossed.

So if I see something on Saturday and dont fly out till Monday, I guess the Vendor can hold it till Sunday only and it will be in the cooler for 24-36 hours? Or do I drop it off at Gena's???

LOL....my house is 2 hours away!

Alright already! I bought my pass just now.

SD is my home town, excellent place and some of the best Mex food anywhere.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Yay, E :happydance:. Is Laura coming too?

If anyone is driving to West MACNA2016 let me know. House of Sticks is right off the I-15 freeway at the border of Nevada and Utah (technically Arizona) ;);)

Im excited to see more nano reef owners going to MACNAs. It gets tiring explaining that what we make is NOT a frag rack.......

Now if only we could get CM to attend or get a booth

Im excited to see more nano reef owners going to MACNAs. It gets tiring explaining that what we make is NOT a frag rack.......

Now if only we could get CM to attend or get a booth

But if there aren't nano customers, you know because the big boy tank guys think you make frag racks, then why would CM get a booth though?

Have you considered/ are you considering branching out with different types of acrylic products? Frag racks, , AIO inserts, etc?

Have you considered/ are you considering branching out with different types of acrylic products? Frag racks, , AIO inserts, etc?

The branching off was supporting our products with others that we resell. We have a design line of 6+ media baskets to develop at a time. Frag racks don't sell IME, AIO inserts are a smaller niche that involve more technical skills. Others can fill in those gaps. If anything finding 1-3 sizes of baskets to be used by the big tank people in their sumps would be the next step.

But if there aren't nano customers, you know because the big boy tank guys think you make frag racks, then why would CM get a booth though?

Oh but there are and growing, or I wouldn't invest thousands going to these crazy things 6 times now.

Archived