Innovative Marine Aquariums

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macna in Dallas anytime soon? :)

Probably not it was just there in 2012. But get your reefing club to sell it to MASNA. I'm excited about 2017 :ninja:

Probably not it was just there in 2012. But get your reefing club to sell it to MASNA. I'm excited about 2017 :ninja:

Really? guess im late in the game...lol. But what do you mean? sorry still noob here.

Macna in Dallas anytime soon? :)

Phuong I have been following you on facebook. You look like your growing at a pretty good rate. A booth at MACNA San Diego might be a good investment.

I think I am getting a room there Saturday. I will let you use my key to get into the pool :ninja:

We reserved a Garden room for the weekend. I'm sure my son will make his way to the pool :).

From what I know about MASNA. 2017 is probably already picked out it seems to be a strange secretive process.

Phuong I have been following you on facebook. You look like your growing at a pretty good rate. A booth at MACNA San Diego might be a good investment.

Awesome bro! Thank you, i really appreciate it. If financial wasn't an issue for me, I would love to go all out but unfortunately until things improved for me, I'm undecided for the time being :( I'll keep pushing it hard though so finger crossed for the better days!

We reserved a Garden room for the weekend. I'm sure my son will make his way to the pool :).

the hotel is older but is still very nice. The grounds are great and pool is very nice.

the hotel is older but is still very nice. The grounds are great and pool is very nice.

We don't mind old...as long as it's clean :). I'll bring some cleaner along just in case LOL. The Garden rooms sounded nice and had some good reviews on Yelp so figured that was a safer choice. I hope it is 60s styled...I love retro charm!

From what I know about MASNA. 2017 is probably already picked out it seems to be a strange secretive process.

It 100% is and I'm pumped to go here.

MACNA takes 2+ years to organize for. It's secretive to keep the focus the upcoming event, as it should be.

Chicago 2017??? then i dont have to go to San Diego 2016 =P

Perfect example.

It 100% is and I'm pumped to go here.

MACNA takes 2+ years to organize for. It's secretive to keep the focus the upcoming event, as it should be.

Perfect example.

The San Diego zoo is only like 3.5 miles from the convention center. You guys should go there when you are out! It's fantastic!

We are taking extra time while we're out there! I believe I have been to that zoo before, but I was like 14 when I was in San Diego last so I'm game for anything. Wife wasn't receptive when Tijuana was brought up. LOL

We are taking extra time while we're out there! I believe I have been to that zoo before, but I was like 14 when I was in San Diego last so I'm game for anything. Wife wasn't receptive when Tijuana was brought up. LOL

Are you into beer? (probably a dumb question LOL). Stone Brewing co. is right near there too in Escondido. You can go on a tour of the brewery and they have the BEST food too :).

Well, it's not that close but it's worth a little drive :).

You need a passport now. TJ was great when I was like 16 to 21 you could go down there get bombed and come home. But today it pretty much sucks.

Are you into beer? (probably a dumb question LOL). Stone Brewing co. is right near there too in Escondido. You can go on a tour of the brewery and they have the BEST food too :).

Well, it's not that close but it's worth a little drive :).

That place is awesome. :) we have to do that. gena you need to convince the lawnman.

Are you into beer? (probably a dumb question LOL). Stone Brewing co. is right near there too in Escondido. You can go on a tour of the brewery and they have the BEST food too :).Well, it's not that close but it's worth a little drive :).

It would be like cheating on my Milwaukee tho.

how do people bring corals back if they fly to MACNA???

On the plane. Most carry them on, the TSA is different everywhere but they start to see what is going on pretty quickly. Most take them home in piss containers the TSA doesn't care since its living which means non explosive. Or a small cooler in your checked. Looks like there are coolers provided for free next year for everyone, it's an option to sponsor for 5K

On the plane. Most carry them on, the TSA is different everywhere but they start to see what is going on pretty quickly. Most take them home in piss containers the TSA doesn't care since its living which means non explosive. Or a small cooler in your checked. Looks like there are coolers provided for free next year for everyone, it's an option to sponsor for 5K

So if I see something on Saturday and dont fly out till Monday, I guess the Vendor can hold it till Sunday only and it will be in the cooler for 24-36 hours? Or do I drop it off at Gena's???

The day after MACNA ends is my wife's birthday so it's the perfect excuse to make a trip out of B)

We should probably organize a meetup at some spot at some time. Hard to find people when you don't know what they look like.

Alright already! I bought my pass just now.

SD is my home town, excellent place and some of the best Mex food anywhere.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

So if I see something on Saturday and dont fly out till Monday, I guess the Vendor can hold it till Sunday only and it will be in the cooler for 24-36 hours? Or do I drop it off at Gena's???

Most will hold till Sunday. What happens after that is up to you. A ton leave on Monday so it's possible. Heck people bring or set up small tanks in their rooms. Just bring a small heater and pump I can hook you up with free water.

There are deals on Sunday too, but no guarantee on what is left.

That was the reason behind this thread. I go to RAP every year. I usually go solo. I find it strange to talk to random people at these events. I know most of the guys on my local forum . But know I have missed out on meeting some cool people. This thread would get out of control quick on R2R or Reefcentral. I like NR it's a worldwide forum but has the feel of a local forum. This list will give everyone an idea who will be attending and an opportunity for like minded people to meet up if they choose.

Archived