Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Acrylic Tops *Tank Toppers* Limited Runs

smiz

Very nice! If my screen top DIY fails I may be contacting you :)

*Sneaks to house and breaks screen*

I'm definitely going to keep these in mind once I finally get a tank up and running!

Please do lets save some fish!

Side note, I tried to get up to date with my PM's so if you didn't hear back from me please send me a new PM!

Also for anyone who has received tops LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!

• Like 1

*sigh* I failed on my install. Don't have the patience for it. How much was the biocube top again?

Aw bummer!

Anything 24"x24" or smaller is $130 plus shipping. Hinged add on's are $20 extra, and any notches are free of charge!

Here's an example of Smiz's work. Fusion 30L and Fusion 10!!!

image_zpsempqqjj0.jpeg

image_zpsloisqcfr.jpeg

image_zpstscb5dwr.jpeg

image_zpsfvek0ldk.jpeg

image_zps1muj8pvg.jpeg

image_zps4fg7fnza.jpeg

image_zpstugzxejn.jpeg

image_zpsmfo1xgbn.jpeg

Perfect fitment, no gaps, clean lines, and functional. Very pleased with his work. So much so, Smiz is making ALOT more for me. I'll update when I get more stuff!!! AWC resivour anyone.....

• Like 2

Saw this weeks ago. Forgot which forum it was on. So glad i found this again.

Really like the idea of the square tabs. I will do some interior measurements. But, on the outside it is a 30x30".

Will message you tomorrow.

:)

Here's an example of Smiz's work. Fusion 30L and Fusion 10!!!

Perfect fitment, no gaps, clean lines, and functional. Very pleased with his work. So much so, Smiz is making ALOT more for me. I'll update when I get more stuff!!! AWC resivour anyone.....

Tanks look awesome! Glad everything worked out!

Nice!! Very Nice.....

I like this so much more than a screen cover.

Thanks, that's how all of this started lol. Screen cover was not cutting it!

Saw this weeks ago. Forgot which forum it was on. So glad i found this again.

Really like the idea of the square tabs. I will do some interior measurements. But, on the outside it is a 30x30".

Will message you tomorrow.

:)

Glad you found me! Hope to hear from you soon!

Are you doing the color inserts yet? Really like the look of that. I would prolly go with black as the insert just to add a nice break from all black.

Still doing testing on this! Gluing two pieces together is extremely difficult without getting bubbles. So we are going to mess around with screwing a piece to the bottom instead.

• Like 1

So any chance you can go larger yet? Need something for a 68x20. Fish jumped out while I was on travel and my wife freaked out, says I need to put a top on but I have been reluctant until I saw your work. It's a rimless tank so I want something clean and looks like your doing good work. Also would be interested in an overflow cover either separate or incorporated into the top.

Here is a shot of the top of the tank.

post-85057-0-53190500-1444847719_thumb.jpeg

So any chance you can go larger yet? Need something for a 68x20. Fish jumped out while I was on travel and my wife freaked out, says I need to put a top on but I have been reluctant until I saw your work. It's a rimless tank so I want something clean and looks like your doing good work. Also would be interested in an overflow cover either separate or incorporated into the top.

Here is a shot of the top of the tank.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hey,

Unfortunately the largest I can go is 47" by 35" (damn you mm!!!!). I could do it in two separate pieces but would need to figure out a center support. With the pieces only being held on the perimeter I am guessing you might get a slight sag in the middle of the tank. Just off the top of my head if we go with tabs on the top of the piece we might be able to do a long one going do the seem of the two that rests it on the glass and has magnets to attach to the top...lost? me to!........ I will make a CAD drawings.... lol.

A fun little large top!

935C413C-DF68-4B51-975B-7B7BCA64AB71_zps
4346E5B4-7264-4073-B549-C65F7009D8C4_zps
0552A402-C71E-40DC-A7C9-53AEE29D84F4_zps
Now I posted in my other thread but I'd like some opinions. I am making a drop in AIO for your standard 40g, would you prefer to silicon it in place or would you like to see magnets and or suctions cups instead?

CAD Lights 45. This one has square tabs to rest the top on the top of the tank!

5A79C84B-A89B-4269-BD21-08AF40FDB06B_zps

Can I see a side profile on those tabs? I may want one of these for my CAD 100g.

Can I see a side profile on those tabs? I may want one of these for my CAD 100g.

I actually don't have one here now, but the tabs a around 1/4" thick and they are 1"X1" squares. We're also testing routing the edges so it sits on the top of the glass.

I actually don't have one here now, but the tabs a around 1/4" thick and they are 1"X1" squares. We're also testing routing the edges so it sits on the top of the glass.

Ok,

My concern with sitting inside would be that with these CAD tanks the water level can be relatively high. Also my fish love to splash so having clips on the side (innovative marine style) just leads to tons of water dripping down the side of the glass in my experience. My top right now just sits on top and it seems to work well.

Ok,

My concern with sitting inside would be that with these CAD tanks the water level can be relatively high. Also my fish love to splash so having clips on the side (innovative marine style) just leads to tons of water dripping down the side of the glass in my experience. My top right now just sits on top and it seems to work well.

Sorry that wasn't very clear of me. What we are working on now is making the tops so they sit on top of the glass. But we will have a small 1/8" bevel to hold it in place on the glass. So the top will only go 1/8" into the display with 1/2" above the glass if that make sense.

Sorry that wasn't very clear of me. What we are working on now is making the tops so they sit on top of the glass. But we will have a small 1/8" bevel to hold it in place on the glass. So the top will only go 1/8" into the display with 1/2" above the glass if that make sense.

Sounds great. Let me know when your ready to make one for me B)

You cut mine yet?! I picked up 7 snails today..... haha

Sounds great. Let me know when your ready to make one for me B)

I'll report back with the bevel ASAP!

You cut mine yet?! I picked up 7 snails today..... haha

I sure did :)
  • Like 4