Cultivated Reef

House of Sticks Triton Powered Coral Farm Build Log

sangheili

Frags of all of these coming soon...

(Some of these photos are a bit blurry, had to out-of-water shots due to the tank being so shallow instead of normal in-the-water shots with my camera lens porthole)

Aussie Acros

WB5uQea.jpg

320zBdJ.jpg

ROe0UDE.jpg

u4zrTCh.jpg

Indo/Bali Acros

DpzfBJN.jpg

19Eqp0U.jpg

Wider angle shot...

4YV3Dxo.jpg

• Like 3

So what are you using for flow in these tanks? The first post said a lot of Jebaos and soon to be gyres but what are you using now?

I get about 20-30x turnover from the return pumps alone and it all flows linearly from one end to the other of the raceway. On top of that I have, IIRC, 4x Jebao RW-20s, 2x Jebao RW-15s, and 2x Jebao RW-8s. There is a heck of a lot of flow in the tank.

I am waiting for the big Gyres to come out. Not quite sure how I will use them yet. I run Gyre 150s on my 3 other tanks though right now.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Commence the drool. Also, for extra points, compare these colonies to earlier shots from this thread (same exact color profile settings and camera settings). These colors must be executives, because they are turning RICH. (Worst pun ever) B)

czmxouP.jpg

qkiE19m.jpg

dMRfzHf.jpg

oYI7xbP.jpg

6XBX5HA.jpg

mHrctE6.jpg

NZAcuqu.jpg

u81Sxym.jpg

9nzdWBc.jpg

• Like 2

I want one of the acro crabs really bad. Willing to sell me one when I buy some pieces?

I could try. They don't ship well unless kept in their colony. Pretty hard to get them out too.

This is indeed Ross :D Who are you? hah

You don't know me personally I just see you posting all the time on the Vegas Reefs FB. Names Michael Evans. I am looking forward to making the pilgrimage to HoS once I get my tank more stable and my dosing figured out! I just love all your photos and seeing the sweet pieces everyone gets from you!

• Like 2

You don't know me personally I just see you posting all the time on the Vegas Reefs FB. Names Michael Evans. I am looking forward to making the pilgrimage to HoS once I get my tank more stable and my dosing figured out! I just love all your photos and seeing the sweet pieces everyone gets from you!

Ah ok. Well you're more then welcome to come by! Just get in touch when the time is right.

Ah ok. Well you're more then welcome to come by! Just get in touch when the time is right.

Thanks. Its just cool to have such a respected coral grower in out little reef community!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the sump & refugium tanks in for Raceway 2 this past week. Going to be a very slow build on this one. Building the tank's stand this month.

F9OkYzV.jpg

Corals look beautiful! Where did you find those blob shaped frag mounts, those are cool lookin!

Those are ReefGen frag plugs, they make them in house and you can only get them with a ReefGen coral on them ;)

Wow, i love your setup!!

Thanks!!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Got some salt delivered today, in preparation of spinning up this 2nd raceway. Way more then needed but at least we won't have to reorder for a year or more ;)

1HwI2Cg.jpg

• Like 2

Going to be a busy next couple weeks...

A22PouA.jpg

Also, we are fully stocked on Triton now! If you're interested in the method get in touch and we can help you out.

HHWAI7w.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Lowkeycoral

I would like to build a smaller scale version of this in my small garage or study lol. Amazing.

Are you fragging and growing coral to sell obviously?

I would like to build a smaller scale version of this in my small garage or study lol. Amazing.

Are you fragging and growing coral to sell obviously?

I would caution that unless it's a hobby, you should think long and hard ;) Making money selling coral is actually extremely difficult and immensely costly up-front.

To your second question, Yes I sell coral at frag swaps and on our website, www.house-of-sticks.com - come check us out B)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob-the-builder.jpg?itok=9H0jSZpV

4Pr2vwe.jpg

Mdcmrtq.jpg

The plan for this tank is 100% Aquaculture. No wild colonies will ever be placed in it. Only fresh frags cut off stuff from other systems. This will have the added benefit of massively reducing the risk of pests or nuisance algae/bacteria making its way into the tank. As such, it will be quite a while before it produces some frags for sale ;)

• Like 5