ReefCleaners.org

House of Sticks Triton Powered Coral Farm Build Log

sangheili

May 3rd - Floor crack sealing and replace tankless W/H with a tank to free up some power (100amp vs 30amp)

7WNkATu.jpg

Was that the Eco 27 Tankless Heater? I have the same one. Installed it about a year ago now. LOVE it. Shame you had to remove yours.

Was that the Eco 27 Tankless Heater? I have the same one. Installed it about a year ago now. LOVE it. Shame you had to remove yours.

Yeah it was an older model, we have two of them in the house. That one fed the guest shower and kitchen so no loss really removing it. I have a new one to install downstairs, it seems over time (at least the older models) they starts to act weird. Hot then warm then hot then cold while taking a shower. I see the newer ones have a different flow sensor so maybe thats the issue.

• Like 1

Yeah it was an older model, we have two of them in the house. That one fed the guest shower and kitchen so no loss really removing it. I have a new one to install downstairs, it seems over time (at least the older models) they starts to act weird. Hot then warm then hot then cold while taking a shower. I see the newer ones have a different flow sensor so maybe thats the issue.

Ya ours has been really good even with very cold groundwater. I will go with a gas unit for my next install though. I did the electric version because I didn't think I could do the install of the gas unit and all the plumbing involved. After doing further plumbing work in the house I've realized it would have been a piece of cake. Probably easier then this unit was.

BTW very nice setup you have going. :D

• Like 1

August 25th - Fish Tanks have arrived from Advanced Acrylics!

2KVbHbv.jpg

August 25th - I bought two 96x8x8 tanks with black dividers, sides, back, and bottom. Also with custom cut top covers. All in 1/2" acrylic.

kZ6klEM.jpg

• Like 1

May 11th - Fuge and Sump tanks placed and skimmer arrived.

mheqkww.jpg?1

This build is amazing!

I've been trying to figure out where to get these white bins for a build I'm working on, any chance you might be willing to share where they came from or what they're called?

• Like 1

Thank!

I might be coming to Vegas closer to the end of the year, any chance I could swing by and check out the set up?

You are more then welcome to! We are about an hour drive from Vegas. Just email or call before you head out to make sure I will be here.

Sept 2nd - Added rock to the lower fish tank. I have also added some sand to a couple of the compartments (for leopard wrasses) but not shown on these pics.

q81YQqm.jpg

Sept 2nd - A shot of the drain plumbing runs.

VBMPFvD.jpg

FTS Sept 2nd

nusexBw.jpg

At this point construction is pretty much done for now. I have lots of odds and ends to do over time and eventually setup the 2nd raceway tank (when I need the space). Lots of cable management and setting up battery backups for pumps. Also still trying to figure out a good way to light the fish system without breaking the bank. I may end up doing custom LEDs.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

lets see more!!

Didn't expect to see my logo in your sig haha :naughtydance::naughtydance:

Right now the main farm tank is recovering from an algae bloom. Just did a few days lights out and it killed off most of it. Typical new-tank stuff. Cleanup crew and tangs are beefed up now ;)

Most all the construction is finished so not much will change from here on out. I have a wishlist of a few items to add once the funds are available. UV for the fish tanks, dosers for the QT, swabbie for skimmer, etc. And of course much later down the road setting up the second raceway tank B)

The latest thing added has been some clams:

HyreFkv.jpg

• Like 2

Didn't expect to see my logo in your sig haha :naughtydance::naughtydance:

Right now the main farm tank is recovering from an algae bloom. Just did a few days lights out and it killed off most of it. Typical new-tank stuff. Cleanup crew and tangs are beefed up now ;)

Most all the construction is finished so not much will change from here on out. I have a wishlist of a few items to add once the funds are available. UV for the fish tanks, dosers for the QT, swabbie for skimmer, etc. And of course much later down the road setting up the second raceway tank B)

The latest thing added has been some clams:

HyreFkv.jpg

you have the nicest coral/setup i have seen. you need to get your name out there more. thought my sig would be a good place hahaha

• Like 1

you have the nicest coral/setup i have seen. you need to get your name out there more. thought my sig would be a good place hahaha

Very much appreciated :D

• Like 1