Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Alain's IM NUVO Fusion 30L - PHASE 2 BEGINS ON PG3

Alain

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pappadumplingz

Was itching to get corals and Aquaristic in Beaconsfield was open til 8 tonight!

jeez that's late! Do you know when Eastwood reopens? Has it been 4 weeks yet?

jeez that's late! Do you know when Eastwood reopens? Has it been 4 weeks yet?

Check their Facebook, last I saw, they had delays with construction!

pappadumplingz

Check their Facebook, last I saw, they had delays with construction!

Just checked. why do I have to wait another 4 weeks!?

S0YC1Bs.jpg

Hmm... I knew I couldn't keep shrimp and snails around this guy.. but would he maybe be a threat to my corals? He nipped at the Acans this morning...

pappadumplingz

S0YC1Bs.jpg

Hmm... I knew I couldn't keep shrimp and snails around this guy.. but would he maybe be a threat to my corals? He nipped at the Acans this morning...

Might have to for rid of him if he acquires a taste for coral.

Cool puffer! IMO they are in the same category as Angels, some will nip, some wont and some most definitely will. It's a gamble unfortunately. If you keep him well fed you may be alright.

Cool puffer! IMO they are in the same category as Angels, some will nip, some wont and some most definitely will. It's a gamble unfortunately. If you keep him well fed you may be alright.

He is really cool!! So fun to watch. Hmm yeah I'll have to keep an eye on him for sure! If he does act up he's gotta go and Ican get some shrimp back in the tank... Maybe a coral banded... hmmm

He is really cool!! So fun to watch. Hmm yeah I'll have to keep an eye on him for sure! If he does act up he's gotta go and Ican get some shrimp back in the tank... Maybe a coral banded... hmmm

Do some research on your shrimps before you go all in. Coral bandeds' have been known to be pretty disruptive sometimes also.

Check this link out, some very very good information on different shrimps available in the hobby.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/331177-one-stop-guide-for-your-shrimp/#entry4425858

Not all apply to Australia unfortunately but we can get a large portion of them.

Do some research on your shrimps before you go all in. Coral bandeds' have been known to be pretty disruptive sometimes also.

Check this link out, some very very good information on different shrimps available in the hobby.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/331177-one-stop-guide-for-your-shrimp/#entry4425858

Not all apply to Australia unfortunately but we can get a large portion of them.

Good read! Food for thought...

Another thing is that the shrimp will be hella expensive because of the effort it takes to catch them.

Coral banded shrimps aren't too bad, neither are peppermints. Worst ones are red line cleaner shrimps and blood/red fire shrimps. The latter will easily set you back over $120. I have seen coral bandeds for as cheap as $40 and peppermints for $16.

Ahhhhhh I'm on a spree! New arrivals!

Corals (from Australian Fish and Coral Exports in Taren Point):

1x reverse bleeding apple scolymia

1 x zoanthid rock with some green star polyps

1 x gold bar torch

Fish (from Something Fishy in Hoxton Park)

1 x sand sifting goby

1 x lawnmower blenny

Current FTS:

VehGwjB.jpg

I'll have to do my water change tomorrow so I don't put too much stress on the new tankmates!

I still can't believe the prices that you pay for stuff in Aus. Here are my retail prices:

Coral Banded shrimp- $15

Red line cleaners- $15-$25

Blood shrimp- $30

Peppermint shrimp- $7

pappadumplingz

I still can't believe the prices that you pay for stuff in Aus. Here are my retail prices:

Coral Banded shrimp- $15

Red line cleaners- $15-$25

Blood shrimp- $30

Peppermint shrimp- $7

Peppermints here are 15 aud, so if you convert it, it's only 3 usd more expensive. Other than that, yea, everything is expensive as shit. I was at Aquaristic Beaconsfield today and saw a coral banded shrimp for 45 aud, which is around 34 usd. Makes me want to cry myself to sleep.

You're getting local peppermint shrimp, the same Aussie peps here are $30 ea. You could get a few people together and collect your own right up the coast. There are quite a few reef safe critters in close that are accessible right on the shore, not to mention corals.

pappadumplingz

You're getting local peppermint shrimp, the same Aussie peps here are $30 ea. You could get a few people together and collect your own right up the coast. There are quite a few reef safe critters in close that are accessible right on the shore, not to mention corals.

Scolys are found right off shore, but you have to travel far to get the good ones, from what I've heard. Trachys and elegances are also found in the lagoon area between the shore and barrier reef

great turnaround! tank is looking fantastic. which sand sifting goby did you get? diamond?

yJIm7lZ.jpg

Not exactly sure... He's like a gold head sleeper without the gold!

Bad tank mates get evicted!! This one was a feisty one to catch!

zByvY9W.jpg

Bye bye Valentini, you were great until I saw you nipping my corals! This is your own fault.

I can't vouch for the other dwarf puffers, but the Orange tail puffer out of Fiji DESTROYED the vermetid snails in my leather coral quarantine tank.

Canthagaster_janthinoptera.jpg

Where is the puffer going?

Donated him to Something Fishy! While I was there, I also picked up 3x peppermint shrimp and 5x nassarius snails! The CUC is back!

I can't vouch for the other dwarf puffers, but the Orange tail puffer out of Fiji DESTROYED the vermetid snails in my leather coral quarantine tank.

Canthagaster_janthinoptera.jpg

Omg so beautiful!! Mine was picking on the Acan and the new Scoly. I just couldn't let it keep happening, the Scoly was a bit of investment I'd like to keep safe! Puffer was a bit of a impulse buy.

Archived