inTank Media Baskets

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

I overdid it on my walk today - real feel temp is 91. Walked it in the sun with black pants, and haven't had any water yet today. About to drink a Pepsi, cause it's tasty, cold, and will help with my new pounding headache. Plus I already ate my lunch and am feeling pretty weak.

I overdo it in the sun a lot. :unsure: I just love the heat and sunshine too much.

Geez! Be careful! Drink water!

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic migraine signs. I get them. I get blurred/tunnel vision and my heart races. It sucks. I also have borderline low BP, but migraines tend to have a trigger. It might be your body adjusting to lower carbs to tell you the truth.

The headache was before the low carbs and I've done that before without effect.

Lawns Biggest Loser participants

-Lawnman

-Metrokat

-Patback

-Evanski

-Kimberbee

-ArabTanker

-Merthynia

-StellaBlue

-Chris!

-12_Egg_Omlette

-Tibbsy07

-Begow

Ditto on the hate running. If confronted by a bear, I swear to God I would have to really think hard about fight or flight.

I have flat feet, I 'can't' run. I joined a 21 day boot camp 2 years ago, the trainer in one of the special classes insisted I slow jog on the concrete pavement for a good 15-20 minutes with the rest of them. There there were a lot of exercises involving stress on the knees in the same class. I needed physical therapy and my knees are still shot to this day.

Fit star is an app that is free, it shows you exercises and you rate whether they were easy or difficult for you. It tracks your responses and progressively changes the exercises that you do. They offer in-app paid programs but I've found the free ones to be just fine.

I'm pretty sure I need to join this..

54210155.jpg

I was on the food.net website after clicking some deliciously looking dish on a FB link and the website asked for my location. I'm like.. on the couch bish, lookin at food, where else you expect me to be at.

5'9 240lb.. ate me some fish n chips for lunch.. there's always tomorruh right?

I beg to differ sir ;)

"If you see me in the forest fighting a grizzly...help the bear"

Totally how I would feel vs. running lol

Current stats 5'10 240# 13%body fat, ideal goal 220-225 9% BF.

13% body fat? GTFO! Only fat asses allowed!

Seriously dude...you fit! Enjoyed chatting with you on pm, appreciate the help and suggestions.

Holy snikeys. How long of a cut phase will that take?

I'll just sit my scrawny little ass down now.

spongebob-weight-lifting.gif

12_egg_Omelette

13% body fat? GTFO! Only fat asses allowed!

Seriously dude...you fit! Enjoyed chatting with you on pm, appreciate the help and suggestions.

The hardest part is going be the constant adjusting of where I want to be, I'm going to try to do some carb cycling in the near future.

Holy snikeys. How long of a cut phase will that take?

I'll just sit my scrawny little ass down now.

16 weeks, is what I would consider a good pre-show cut.

For those who want a great leg workout

Front Squats

Set 1: 20 reps (45% 1 RM)
Set 2: 28 reps (50% 1 RM
Set 3: 16 reps (60% 1 RM)
Set 4: 14 reps (70% 1 RM)
Set 5: 12 reps (80% 1 RM)
Set 6: 12 reps (80% 1 RM)
Leg Press Super Set with Sissy Squats
Set 2: 18 reps (50% 1 RM)
*Sissy Squats (10-20# 15 reps)
Squats / Split Squats
Set 2: 18 reps (50% 1 RM)
Split squats (10-20# 12 reps)

:huh: Those 12 egg omelettes seem to be working for you! I think we need to hire you as our personal online trainer!

OK, I'm in. As I mentioned before, with my surgery and stress fracture over the past year my diet and activity have been off, and I've gained a bunch of weight back. Time to lose it! I'm 40, 5' 5" and 206.0 lb as of today.

Ahhh...fried potatoes in any form are the death of me.

Just stopping the French Fry habit is a quick 5 lb. loss for me!

This will sound disgusting, but honestly helps a lot when I want some salty fries! Turnip fries!

Preheat oven to 425 F. Take 1-2 turnips. Slice them into thick cut fries. Put the raw turnip fries in a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, sea salt (NOT Instant Ocean! ;) ), +/- onion powder, +/- black pepper, +/- parmesan cheese. (I honestly usually just go with paprika and salt.) Spray a cookie sheet with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray. (I'm lazy and usually line the pan first with some aluminum foil for easier cleaning.) Spread out fries in one layer over pan. Stick in oven. Bake for 20 minutes. You can turn them halfway through, but I don't always. Eat while deliciously hot. Oh course use ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, etc of your choosing.

Mirya, I freaking :wub: you. This is an amazing story and I so hope you can run again. I will be your best cheerleader. this story is inspiring.

:wub: Thank you!

I keep a picture of myself from before my weight loss on my dresser, so I can view it every day. It honestly is a happy picture; it is from my little sister's wedding day. But, it is also huge motivation. Here is a tiny version of that picture (May 1, 2010) along with the picture of me hitting the PR gong last year (October 19, 2014) after finishing the marathon. It is easy to PR when it is your first ever marathon!

running_zpseqnyduhc.jpg

It's funny, I find riding a bike torture and don't like swimming. Those are the two activities I'm allowed to do with my leg. Running, which I know most people hate with a passion, is what I really enjoy. But, I recently made myself start bike riding. Need to get myself back into cardiovascular shape so once I'm cleared, I'm not gasping for breath once I restart running. I just view bike riding as eating broccoli. A necessary evil.

I have a headache the size of Texas today - woke up with it. Narrowly avoided it turning into a migraine - haven't had those since I was a teen. My vision was blurry, it was just strange. I'm also someone with normal to low blood pressure so it doesn't make sense that it would be high although symptoms were appropriate. I'm better now, maybe I should watch the fish tank. :)

Ugh, hugs for you Ms Kat. I get migraines and hate how they blow your whole day (and sometimes the day after). I get migraines less frequently since I've lost weight, but they still occasionally rear their ugly head. Now I more commonly have sinus headaches since my sinuses are jacked. Whenever there is a barometric pressure change, my face can tell.

12_egg_Omelette

:huh: Those 12 egg omelettes seem to be working for you! I think we need to hire you as our personal online trainer!

That's how I financed my next tank build actually.

The headache was before the low carbs and I've done that before without effect.

I have flat feet, I 'can't' run. I joined a 21 day boot camp 2 years ago, the trainer in one of the special classes insisted I slow jog on the concrete pavement for a good 15-20 minutes with the rest of them. There there were a lot of exercises involving stress on the knees in the same class. I needed physical therapy and my knees are still shot to this day.

I also have unbelievably flat feet. Stinks something aweful... Used to love soccer but the inserts don't help so after an hour it's like there's a needle in the middle of my foot.

I'm 6'4, 190. Summer is tough- got maybe +20 from all the snacking

Why I gotta be in shape... I mean... I am a shape..

I just like carbs. Bread and beer. I don't eat many sweets and I only drink diet or sugar free drinks if I'm not drinking water or beer haha. But bread. Oh god. I have to have bread with every meal. And if it is solid enough to fit in a tortilla hell ya! hahahaha

So for snack I had 10 peanuts and a

Mini-Babybel-Cheese.jpg

I had a handful of walnuts.

I created my own nut mix - equal parts cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts. 1/4 cup = 175 calories.

Roasted... no salt!

I started last Weds bishes. 5' 11" 246 last Weds I am weighing in Weds to give you all some motivation :). I will weigh in Monday with everyone again. Ok breakfast was bottle of water and a scoop of BCAA's. Lunch was 2 chicken breasts and a ceasar side salad. Calories? Who counts those things :P

Archived