inTank Media Baskets

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

OK, here we go. Log your Monday weigh-in, take pics of food, and general support and discussion.

I am 46, 6'4", and was 248.6 today. Like to get back to reasonable fighting weight of 235, maybe 230 depending.

Breakfast was 350 cal, standard string cheese, Balance breakfast bar, and Dan Active yogurt shot.

I am on fitness pal, my handle there is EvanSkowronski. If you are using it (highly recommend it!), please add me as a friend so we can compare notes.

========================================================================================

Participants as of 19 August

-Lawnman

-Metrokat

-Patback

-Evanski

-Kimberbee

-ArabTanker

-Merthynia

-StellaBlue

-Chris!

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if I only have 5 pounds to lose? LOL I can just do that on my own :). I lost that 5 back in June by not hardly eating for a week. I gained that 5 back though.

What if I only have 5 pounds to lose? LOL I can just do that on my own :). I lost that 5 back in June by not hardly eating for a week. I gained that 5 back though.

Five pounds??? Thpppppptttt!

I have an evil step sister who is 8 years younger than me. She challenged me to run a half marathon at the end of October. I'm fourty####ingone years old. I agreed. Because I can never back down from a challenge. WTF am I thinking? I'm probably gonna keel over before I hit the 10 mile mark!!!

Five pounds??? Thpppppptttt!

LOL

I've had to lose 5 pounds for over a year. I think I'm just at my natural weight now. But want to be 120.

19 lbs to go.

bfast - oatmeal ~175

snack - plum ~60

lunch - stuffed portobello mushrooms and cottage cheese ~340

snack - mixed nuts ~175

Total - 750 + dinner

I tend to eat 600-800 calories between breakfast, lunch and snacks, then try to keep dinner reasonable (cause I go out a lot with my BF after work). I take an hour long walk at lunchtime between my first snack and lunch. According to my fitbit I burn 2000-2300 calories per day.

Biggest problems: not enough water, not enough activity, HUGE portions and/or seconds at dinner time.

12_egg_Omelette

Up to a couple months ago I was eating about 3,500-3,700 calories. I ended up breaking a bone in my hand and had to back off so I've dropped calories to 2,500 and the weight started coming on, going to drop it to about 1,700-1,900 calories for a quick cut for 6-8 weeks. The plan then is to go back into a double split, doing legs every other night. This should allow me to bump my calories up to at least 2,800 calories and see what happens there and adjust accordingly.

Water is key for me...I drink about a gallon a day, lots of salad and fiber, and about 1800 calories a day. I will drop weight at a slow but steady pace this way...much faster when I can work out after my back is fixed.

Water is key for me...I drink about a gallon a day, lots of salad and fiber, and about 1800 calories a day. I will drop weight at a slow but steady pace this way...much faster when I can work out after my back is fixed.

Agree with the water! Plus, your body gets used to it. If I DON'T drink about a gallon a day, I get borderline dehydrated.

Breakfast: flax meal toast and cashew butter. Sounds disgusting but was actually kinda good. Probably should start checking out calories so starting tomorrow, I will do that!

I wish you all well.

Last year, about this time, I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease. I'm nearing 50 years old and my diet got the better of me (6-8 Mountain Dews and Cokes a day, plus lots of bad carbs and bad fat, and no real exercise). A year later, I lost 58lbs, and my blood (including liver) tests and blood pressure are all great now.

I lost 50lbs on diet alone; but about 4 months ago, I started working out again too. My body fat percentage is now around 15%. I've changed my diet dramatically, but I still don't count calories or macro nutrients. I cut all sugary drinks, increased good fats, decreased bad fats, decreased bad carbs (high glycemic index foods), and have stuck to lean proteins.

I don't have any more weight to lose, but I hope this might inspire someone. We can lose our health quickly, so it's nothing to take for granted. We have to find motivation behind change. For me it was my health. I hope that you guys find yours.

I have an evil step sister who is 8 years younger than me. She challenged me to run a half marathon at the end of October. I'm fourty#######one years old. I agreed. Because I can never back down from a challenge. WTF am I thinking? I'm probably gonna keel over before I hit the 10 mile mark!!!

You can do it!

I started running in April 2013, a month before I turned 39. Literally started with a couch-to-5k program. I had been working on losing weight for a year at that point and was down about 75lb. I wanted to kick my activity up another notch. (Running ultimately helped me lose another 40lb.) I thought I was going to die with those 1.5 minute running intervals you start out with! I got through it though and did a color run with friends as my first 5k. I did a few more 5ks that summer and was hooked! I decided to try a half marathon that fall. I followed one of Hal Hidgon's novice training plans and felt that it left me really well prepared. I was wiped at the end, but finished with a smile. There is a 12 week plan which you may be able to modify to follow before your race in October with your sister.

Last year I joined a local running group and did a couple more half marathons. Then I got the crazy idea that I wanted to do a full marathon just to say that I did it. And I did! I finished it! But I made one big mistake. For all the other 5k, 10k, and half marathons I ran, I was always really consistent with my training. I rarely ran two days back-to-back, but I'd never go more than 2 days without running. When I started training for the full marathon was around the same time my job responsibilities changed. It left me very wiped without much time on weekdays to run. But I still did my long runs on the weekends.

About a month before the marathon (September 2014) I started having shin pain. I assumed it was shin splints and decided to train through it and rest after the marathon. The marathon was mid-October. I took a break the rest of the month and started running again in November. Then my shin really hurt when I tried to run. (It never hurt while walking.) I was diagnosed with an anterior tibial stress fracture. Was in a boot and crutches over the winter. By February it was declared healed. I started a walking program (and I swear, I was following doctors orders!) and was up to 3 mile walks in April when my shin started hurting again. It refractured at the same site. Back in the boot.

I've had bone density scans, hormone testing, and calcium and vitamin D levels checked. Other than a hair low vitamin D level (which I am supplementing now) everything has been ok. It still hasn't healed up, so my doctor prescribed me a bone growth stimulator that I use daily. (It is an electromagnet I wear for 30 minutes.) My next recheck is in 2 weeks. I am dieing to be able to run again. I miss it so much. I've been doing some bike riding, but it isn't the same. And of course between my inactivity (I can't even go out for walks) and having gall bladder surgery and pancreatitis in January, I've put back on 30lb. So, moral of the story -- find a good training program and follow it!

I'm 26, I go to the VA at 2:30 today to know my actual weight. Two years ago I weighed 295lbs, at 5'10". I lost 100lbs with excercise and an adipex prescription. I know I've gained, not sure how much. I know I gained about twenty pounds but that was nearly 4-5 months ago.

Today I had 5 sliced strawberries and a handful of blueberries for breakfats, no pic.

Archived