Pod Your Reef

ijnoj09's Cadlights 70G Artisan II Build

ijnoj09

I don't have anything to trade right now, tanks too new lol. Didn't you realize you were in rancho. I'm in chino.

Come pick it up, it's dying in my sump! Lol, just IOU later. :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought hammer coral frag today and was doing a bayer dip on it when I notice this ball come off the coral. I thought a loose tentacle came off or something but then I notice it open up and start crawling on the side of the container. It looks like some kind of flatworm.

Anybody know what it is?

22075097490_a0b7aa9be0_b.jpg

Definitely a flatworm, jeebus that's an big ugly mofo. Bad.

ya that freakin thing was like an inch long... good thing i dipped it in bayer.

More pics on what the drain outlet from the tank goes into. Are you using socks, or something else?

It's a modified intank media basket... I don't like using filter socks so I use the media basket to run a filter pad.

22279406542_1084abcb49_b.jpg

How is it modified?

The top of the sliding door was sitting lower then the water level in the sump. So to force the water down into the media instead of overflowing over the top of the sliding door I drilled holes and used zip ties as stoppers so the sliding door isn't sitting so low.

Nice setup! Do you find tweaking the herbie difficult? Mine never wants to be quiet on my CAD 100g.

Thanks! I did have a hard time adjusting it at first. I read someone saying try adjusting it with the gate valve fully closed and then opening it up and fine tuning from there was easier and I haven't had an issue ever since trying that.

did you cure the rock or wash it or prep it before adding it to your tank?

I just rinsed the rock and it went straight into the display tank to cycle. I didn't really see any die off on the rock I haven't notice any nitrate or phosphate spike.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Found this guy on the floor the other day behind the tank. :(

26792713664_199b52a427_b.jpg

Came home lastnight to these new toys from Marine Depot. :dance:
Can't wait to set this dosing pump up. Got tired of dosing manually.
27132861210_cc65088879_b.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...
Made some dosing containers today out of some ziplock containers from walmart and threw on some RO fittings and rigid tubing. Best of all, cost me a total of $15 in parts. :happy:

I was hoping to setup the dosing pump today too but I had a change of plans. I decided to return the aquamedic evo 4 and went with a more reliable brand pump for some piece of mind. Ordered the Kamoer KSP - F03 3 channel pump, should be here on monday.

26994908604_71f4dbbca5_b.jpg

Got the Kamoer dosing pump in. It's definitely built better then the Aquamedic one I previously bought with more features. Glad I opted to go with this one instead. Can't wait to set this up.

27584898001_94af86d158_b.jpg

Ooo nice tank I'll follow along. Good choice on the dosing pump

Thanks! Hope to have the pump setup this weekend.

I setup it up lastnight just to test it out and had it up and running in about 15 mins, don't know why it took me this long to get one!

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Hope to have the pump setup this weekend.

I setup it up lastnight just to test it out and had it up and running in about 15 mins, don't know why it took me this long to get one!

Any updates on your tank?

Archived