ReefCleaners.org

ijnoj09's Cadlights 70G Artisan II Build

ijnoj09

Spiderguardnano

amazing rocks looks awesome prob one of my favorite scapes

did you hand pic the rocks or did they just send it to you like that

also i had the vertex and it was a pain in the ass to dial in i actually had to run it in like 5.5 inches of water i had to add a 90 deg elbow to the skimmer to push the water down other wise it was super loud

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amazing rocks looks awesome prob one of my favorite scapes

did you hand pic the rocks or did they just send it to you like that

also i had the vertex and it was a pain in the ass to dial in i actually had to run it in like 5.5 inches of water i had to add a 90 deg elbow to the skimmer to push the water down other wise it was super loud

Thanks! The rocks just come in a box. You can't request pieces like you can with normal dry rock.

Ya it's been a pain to dial in this skimmer, hopefully it settles down after break in.

Finally got the skimmer to settle down. I added air valve I had laying around from an MJ900 pump I'm going to use for my ATO to restrict the air flow a bit and it's finally stopped overflowing. I also set the skimmer back down to 7". See how it does running like this.

20507159653_c063abbb14_b.jpg

Also worked on the plumbing for my ATO unit. Letting the cement cure and hopefully can set it up this weekend.

20505606294_1639094c01_b.jpg

Got a lot done on the tank over this long weekend mainly in the stand. With the sump taking up most of the room in the stand, I needed a reservoir small enough to fit in the available space and I didn't want to spend over $100 on an already made acrylic unit. I found a 2 gallon storage container from walmart, cut out a hole in the lid to fit a pvc elbow with some barb fittings and ordered an ATO unit from autotopoff.com. I plumbed some pvc parts together for the ATO return line.

I installed a DJ power bar to be able to turn on/off each equipment with a switch and installed a inexpensive temperature controller from Reefsafe Solutions. It was pretty easy to setup and built pretty well. It doesn't come with mounting options so I had to make a custom bracket for it. The temps were a bit high measuring at 80-81 degrees, going to install some fans to see if that'll bring the temps down a little bit. I cleaned up all the wiring as well to eliminate wiring clutter.

I dosed some ammonia to get the ammonia up to 3ppm to get the cycle going. Will retest tomorrow to see where the parameters are at.

ATO setup:
21223424155_5f4a3df50f_b.jpg

ATO setup installed:
21223417495_9a0e144a44_b.jpg

DJ Power Bar and Temp Controller installed:
21231477151_872ba6cc60_b.jpg

21035327040_c96395f862_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Very well sir! Your plumbing skills are great! I am also setting up an SCA 66 gallon. Following!

Thanks brotha! Congrats on the new tank. I follow you on Instagram. C6reefer right?

Had a chance to finally hook up the Aquamaxx media reactor I picked up from Marine Depots labor day sale. I hooked it up to one of the manifolds I plumbed into the return line. I'm running some Seachem Matrix carbon through it and realized right now I didn't push the top sponge all the way down to squeeze the carbon in between the sponges. Also replumbed the ATO reservoir and installed a bulkhead to make the installation a bit cleaner (my OCD was kicking in). Also decided to run a block of the Marinepure bio media block in the sump.

21167412903_d1c54477a4_b.jpg

I must've missed this, yes sir. What's your username?

@jonji_pas Reading about your delimmna with the anthias has me thinking twice about pick some up. They're really cool looking but sounds sensitive.

@jonji_pas Reading about your delimmna with the anthias has me thinking twice about pick some up. They're really cool looking but sounds sensitive.

Yep, two anthias are doing very well... you can check my updated video. After lots of reading, anthias are a very delicate fish in reef tanks due to them being deepwater fish. But with proper care, they turn out to be great tank mates. I have two who are doing very well, just shy for the first few days. 3 is just not the number for me when it comes to Anthias... two is good :)

A 2g reservoir for a 70g tank?

How long does that last; one day?

Plumbing looks great

It last's about 3 days. I will upgrade it in the future but it'll do for now.

I'm guessing....you area Laker fan.

Yes I am! Not a great time to be a fan though.

Nice

Just bought 5kg of Walt Smith rock from BRS. Interested to see how it looks. Not many people seem to get it, can't really find (m)any youtube videos or forum posts about it.

Nice

Just bought 5kg of Walt Smith rock from BRS. Interested to see how it looks. Not many people seem to get it, can't really find (m)any youtube videos or forum posts about it.

Ya I noticed that as well when I was thinking of getting it. But it seems like it's becoming more and more available. My LFS now has it for sale in a curing tank but at $8.99 a lb. I was really impressed with it especially when you have it in the display tank.

For the past few weeks I've been wondering why the nitrate levels haven't been going down even after doing 40-50% water changes. It's been consistent at 20-25ppm. I decided to test the saltwater I get from my LFS and it tested at 20-25ppm levels as well. I also tested the RO water I get from them and it was at 0 nitrates.

Shot of the new addition I picked up from reefapalooza. Settled in nicely in a deep crevice in one of the rocks.

RBTA

22169086122_8c57ee2759_b.jpg

Very nice, I picked up a RBTA before RAP, and honestly... hes just creating havoc, got anything to trade for it? I know we're kinda local, can meet up. I threw him in the sump

Very nice, I picked up a RBTA before RAP, and honestly... hes just creating havoc, got anything to trade for it? I know we're kinda local, can meet up. I threw him in the sump

I don't have anything to trade right now, tanks too new lol. Didn't you realize you were in rancho. I'm in chino.

Archived