Cultivated Reef

Zorak.

pgrVII

Do you think you could "inspire" Zorak to start showing more colors? Like put up a pic of a clownfish in an anemone and hope he starts showing more colors... and starts hosting a nem?

Yes,you can,but,it's very stressful when they're this young,and they don't have their full colors so it wouldn't really be worth forcing them into a threat display.
  • Like 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

Nice! Not something I can do with 30 crested geckos, at least not easily. Misting is part of my therapy everyday. Something about these reptiles is so soothing. Maybe because they are such calm creatures, for the most part :).

• Like 1

Nice! Not something I can do with 30 crested geckos, at least not easily. Misting is part of my therapy everyday. Something about these reptiles is so soothing. Maybe because they are such calm creatures, for the most part :).

I hear that gena no doubt,the mist kings do however have bigger pumps that can run 30 nozzles ;)

If chams didn't need water like they do I'd hand spray like did with my cresties,but the enclosure is way bigger so it makes it alot easier for sure.

That said,yes,I enjoyed spraying the cage in the morning and at night

• Like 1

I hear that gena no doubt,the mist kings do however have bigger pumps that can run 30 nozzles ;)

If chams didn't need water like they do I'd hand spray like did with my cresties,but the enclosure is way bigger so it makes it alot easier for sure.

That said,yes,I enjoyed spraying the cage in the morning and at night

It's my chance to actually SEE them since they are pretty much hiding all day :lol:.

Maybe someday I can be automated like that!!!!!

• Like 1

It's my chance to actually SEE them since they are pretty much hiding all day :lol:.

Maybe someday I can be automated like that!!!!!

Eh if it ain't broke don't fix it :lol:
  • Like 1

Hahaha...wasn't expecting that :). What did he get?

I wasn't either lol! I thought he was just moving to move! :lol:

A medium cricket. The "whap" is loud isn't it ? Lol

• Like 2

I wasn't either lol! I thought he was just moving to move! :lol:

A medium cricket. The "whap" is loud isn't it ? Lol

OMG...yes! Pretty powerful tongue :).
  • Like 1

It sounded like a pop gun kinda startled me a sec :lol:

Oh....I have two more eggs :happydance:. From the same gecko pairing. Waiting on eggs from my other 3 pairs!!!!! I'm so impatient LOL. But I have 4 eggs now :).
  • Like 2

Oh....I have two more eggs :happydance:. From the same gecko pairing. Waiting on eggs from my other 3 pairs!!!!! I'm so impatient LOL. But I have 4 eggs now :).

Hooray new eggs! :happydance: that's awesome gena! Can't wait to see what they look like so many possibilities
  • Like 1

New enclosure pics since I cleaned it out thoroughly today :)

20160501_164444_zpsuuazuk1c.jpg

Overhead view of the canopy.

20160501_164643_zpshfbhxqjq.jpg

And of course the man himself.

20160501_123222_zpsvfg6u1ze.jpg

• Like 4

Love the blue starting to show. I need one of these in my life...lol

Yea it's starting to come in for sure. And yes you do.
  • Like 1

I was at my LFS/Reptile shop this week and I looked down on the counter and there was the cutest little chameleon sitting there (in his habitat). I thought of you :). I can't remember what kind he was but the colors were more just plain brown. Still an adorable little guy!

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Great pictures! I have a misting system arriving in the mail today for my boa. Perfect time too because she is in shed. Looking forward to automated misting. Im sure your guy needs to be misted often, no?

How often do you feed him? Looks so healthy

• Like 1

I was at my LFS/Reptile shop this week and I looked down on the counter and there was the cutest little chameleon sitting there (in his habitat). I thought of you :). I can't remember what kind he was but the colors were more just plain brown. Still an adorable little guy!

Yea baby chams are cute as a button :)

Great pictures! I have a misting system arriving in the mail today for my boa. Perfect time too because she is in shed. Looking forward to automated misting. Im sure your guy needs to be misted often, no?

How often do you feed him? Looks so healthy

He gets fed daily,and has a dripper thst runs all day. I have my misting system spray a few times a day for 1-2 min sessions,then on the weekend I run it for like 20 mins or so to let him shower and what nots.
  • Like 1
Elizabeth94

Just got my misting system in and I started setting it up. Everything was going great until I found out that the plug for the water pump is too bulky to plug into my Herpstat. UGH. I am not good at wiring, so I have no idea if I can actually "snip" the wires and put a smaller plug on. Looks like I will be hand misting for a bit longer until I figure this out. I envy you still :lol:

Yea baby chams are cute as a button :)
He gets fed daily,and has a dripper thst runs all day. I have my misting system spray a few times a day for 1-2 min sessions,then on the weekend I run it for like 20 mins or so to let him shower and what nots.

• Like 1

Just got my misting system in and I started setting it up. Everything was going great until I found out that the plug for the water pump is too bulky to plug into my Herpstat. UGH. I am not good at wiring, so I have no idea if I can actually "snip" the wires and put a smaller plug on. Looks like I will be hand misting for a bit longer until I figure this out. I envy you still :lol:

I hate when that stuff happens :P