pgrVII

Zorak.

pgrVII

aww, sorry he had to die.

Yea me too,luckily I can grow one fast though if I decide again.

• Like 2

gena

Yay! !!!! And yes that was a mini worm he ate in the video lol ;)

I have pictures. Late last night they were all out of course so grabbed some photos. Nothing fancy...someday I want to have a nice gecko room with lots of natural sunlight! The straps on the cages are part of my earthquake proofing :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-02%20at%2010.03.

The breeding pair:

Their cage. I use all fake plants.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-02%20at%2010.04.

• Like 2

pgrVII

I have pictures. Late last night they were all out of course so grabbed some photos. Nothing fancy...someday I want to have a nice gecko room with lots of natural sunlight! The straps on the cages are part of my earthquake proofing :).

The breeding pair:

Their cage. I use all fake plants.

Oh my goodness Gena! ! I love it! Very impressive and good forward thinking with earth quake proofing. I'm so glad you shared! !

Action jackson is having trouble with some of his shed so I think I'm gonna need to go get some moss and put him in some Tupperware and heavy mist it,he's to small to hand peel it for him yet,

Also they are very pretty!!!

• Like 2

gena

Oh my goodness Gena! ! I love it! Very impressive and good forward thinking with earth quake proofing. I'm so glad you shared! !

Action jackson is having trouble with some of his shed so I think I'm gonna need to go get some moss and put him in some Tupperware and heavy mist it,he's to small to hand peel it for him yet,

Also they are very pretty!!!

I could do so much more with a dedicated gecko room lol. Thank you! I forgot one more photo. These are adults in here. Each cage has one gecko in it 2 males and a female. These guys are all breeding age but my son doesn't want to breed the female. He's too attached to her and doesn't want her to get injured :). She's a tiger pattern and gets really bright orange when she's fired up.

We mostly have juveniles right now. I need more breeding age females! But they are so pricey for nice quality. The breeding pair I have now we paid close to $600 total for them.

• Like 2

pgrVII

I could do so much more with a dedicated gecko room lol. Thank you! I forgot one more photo. These are adults in here. Each cage has one gecko in it 2 males and a female. These guys are all breeding age but my son doesn't want to breed the female. He's too attached to her and doesn't want her to get injured :). She's a tiger pattern and gets really bright orange when she's fired up. Screen%20Shot%202015-08-02%20at%2010.04.We mostly have juveniles right now. I need more breeding age females! But they are so pricey for nice quality. The breeding pair I have now we paid close to $600 total for them.

I wish I would've known! I just sold my female for a steal and she was a great breeder. I constantly threw clutches out lol

Love the setups!!!

• Like 2

gena

I wish I would've known! I just sold my female for a steal and she was a great breeder. I constantly threw clutches out lol

Love the setups!!!

Did you ever hatch eggs?

• Like 2

pgrVII

Did you ever hatch eggs?

No,I used to with my common house geckos but didn't have time or care to do it with my cresties.

• Like 2

Merthynia

20150801_220831_zpswnjci9ew_edit_1438481

Shhhhhhh he's sleepin'. :)

This picture is adorable. Him sleeping so peacefully up on that vine! :wub:

• Like 2

pgrVII

This picture is adorable. Him sleeping so peacefully up on that vine! :wub:

I've reached my likes quota already lol but I liked the post haha.

Yea I've never considered my reptiles cute before,awesome,interesting, unique,yes lol. But this guy is cute

• Like 2

Merthynia

I've reached my likes quota already lol but I liked the post haha.

Yea I've never considered my reptiles cute before,awesome,interesting, unique,yes lol. But this guy is cute

You've reached the like limit already? Lol, geez :lol: . I may have to draw him later, I don't know what it is about that particular pose, but he just seems so small and cute like that. It won't hurt my feelings if you snap more pictures when he takes naps! :happy:

• Like 2

gena

No,I used to with my common house geckos but didn't have time or care to do it with my cresties.

Do you have any old photos of your cresties? Would love to see them :).
  • Like 2

amphipod

I have assisted sheds in the past on small anoles, and long tail grass lizards, just do it carefully with fine tweezers and it usually works well.

• Like 1

pgrVII

I have assisted sheds in the past on small anoles, and long tail grass lizards, just do it carefully with fine tweezers and it usually works well.

He's got most off now,I put him in a little cricket keeper with the fogger running to keep it wet,and rubbed some off with a q tip. They say 3 or so days isn't uncommon in old world chameleons as they are more boney and not able to flex like other lizards.

Do you have any old photos of your cresties? Would love to see them :).

Certainly!

IMG-20120914-00058_zps9i7xlpc0_edit_1438

IMG-20120724-00028_zpsku7jj6js_edit_1438

IMG950421_zpswmov2cat_edit_1438549542542

• Like 3

HarryPotter

20150802_201347_zps6bgspojs_edit_1438561

Thats awesome- I love his eyes! BTW your photos are KILLER dude! Love em!

• Like 1

Merthynia

20150802_201347_zps6bgspojs_edit_1438561

Is it wrong if I'd love to boop his little horn/nose? :wub:

• Like 5

pgrVII

Is it wrong if I'd love to boop his little horn/nose? :wub:

Hahaha well there's a difference between wanting to and actually doing it lol so no harm no foul.

Thats awesome- I love his eyes! BTW your photos are KILLER dude! Love em!

Thx.
  • Like 2

Merthynia

20055506198_38aeee648f_k.jpg

Really quick sketch with a marker

• Like 5

gena

Love that last photo of Jackson! So you had a baby crestie!!!! You must have bought that one? Is that the middle photo gecko when it was a baby? Thanks for the pictures :flower:.

• Like 3

pgrVII

Love that last photo of Jackson! So you had a baby crestie!!!! You must have bought that one? Is that the middle photo gecko when it was a baby? Thanks for the pictures :flower:.

Of course Gena! Always happy to share. :) . The middle pic is of the baby when she was sub adult. The other one was actually smaller than the first one when we got him.

20055506198_38aeee648f_k.jpg

Really quick sketch with a marker

Very nice! Thank you! Action Jackson approves.
  • Like 4

Merthynia

Of course Gena! Always happy to share. :) . The middle pic is of the baby when she was sub adult. The other one was actually smaller than the first one when we got him.

:blush: I should've sketched it out first, oh well. When he starts coloring up I'll attempt to color it in. He just seems so happy while he is sleeping.

• Like 4

gena

That's what I thought...the baby looks like the middle gecko :). I have a preemie right now. I purchased a young one and this was a freebie. Smallest gecko I've ever seen! It was born early I guess. It's a cutie.
  • Like 2

pgrVII

:blush: I should've sketched it out first, oh well. When he starts coloring up I'll attempt to color it in. He just seems so happy while he is sleeping.

He's a happy little guy for sure :) I'm keeping a close eye on him as Jacksons tend to be one of the harder to keep alive.

Yes to answer your question lol I raised both from babies .

That's what I thought...the baby looks like the middle gecko :). I have a preemie right now. I purchased a young one and this was a freebie. Smallest gecko I've ever seen! It was born early I guess. It's a cutie.

I had luck feeding the prepared for them as babies try putting it on some leaves or a rock in the tank so it won't drown in the slurry. That's what I did for mine as babies,although,you probably don't need tips from me lol.

• Like 3

gena

I had luck feeding the prepared for them as babies try putting it on some leaves or a rock in the tank so it won't drown in the slurry. That's what I did for mine as babies,although,you probably don't need tips from me lol.

Once I hatch some babies I will try that! Thanks for the tip...didn't know that :).
  • Like 3

pgrVII

Once I hatch some babies I will try that! Thanks for the tip...didn't know that :).

Awesome! Very interested to see the progress on this, please keep me.posted, you can always put it on action jacksons thread by all means!

• Like 2