ReefCleaners.org

Zorak.

pgrVII

Ok,so all is well this morning,he was drinking little water droplets off the leaves and bamboo shoots,and colors are brightening up. He snagged a cricket off the corner of the cage,seemed to like them. Maybe fruit flies today.

Damn Jackson is spoiled :P

Calm me a noob but what is Action Jackson Ducane the type of lizard?

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

Damn Jackson is spoiled :P

Haha yea buddy,well they do require more tlc then most lizards for sure. But totally worth it. Once he is well established in his vivarium I'll do a video of him feeding and I'll put a mirror in front of him to see if he will do a color display for territorial dispute.

• Like 4

What about roaches, does he eat those?

He can when bigger,however, I only feed things from a dealer or store,never wild caught, never know what it's been eating or if a pesticide has been sprayed on them.

Further news,Jackson is shedding!

I sent LongPig roaches for Christmas. True story.

That's awesome!

• Like 3

Damn Jackson is spoiled :P Calm me a noob but what is Action Jackson Ducane the type of lizard?

He is a jacksons chameleon,T. j. jacksonii Boulanger

• Like 1

There is 3 varieties of jacksons mine being the most common,then a dwarf variety T. j. merumontanus Rand, and a yellow crested variety T. j. xantholophus Eason.

• Like 1

Love action jackson lol. Funny how he kinda just walked up and tounge snot cricket so nonchalantly.

Thanks for all the likes amphipod! :)

your welcome lol
  • Like 1

Love action jackson lol. Funny how he kinda just walked up and tounge snot cricket so nonchalantly. your welcome lol

Right?! Lol he's really cool to watch,right now he's trying to shed so on top of the fogger running all day I'm misting heavy to help him out

• Like 1

I hear chameleons can run pretty quick when you try to grab them , is this true?

I have not found this to be true,mine will readily climb into my hand so far, but also,they aren't a lizard to handle alot either as it can stress them,mine is pretty cool so far about light handling and has accepted food from my hand,however all have different personalities. But old world chameleons tend to be stress prone and harder to keep than most lizards. Very solitary creatures, they can see two separate images with their eyes that move 180 degrees to avoid predators, and locate prey. Alot of people have open living areas for them,usually a potted tree or plant like a ficus or pothos,with a light source hung a good 6-8 " away from any branches they can climb as to not let them accidently get burned.

So with that in mind I would think they generally aren't quick or fast.

They are all about taking it easy and blending in,they are thin profiled on the sides to allow ease of movement through the trees or shrubs they live in and of course their famous tongue is 1.5 times longer then their body,they also have a prehensile tail to help them lower themselves or to avoid a sudden fall. Not to mention their hands are unlike any other lizards 5 or so fingers on each fused in a group of 2 and 3 to aid in strong Kung fu grip,and some believe the crest some have is to help collect rain or mist for drinking.

If you couldn't tell, my favorite reptile. :)

• Like 2

That's nuts. Looks way harder to maintain than a reef tank xD

Haha nah its not bad definitely easier, but I've got 25 years under my belt so I'm probably a bit leaned that way lol.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Right?! Lol he's really cool to watch,right now he's trying to shed so on top of the fogger running all day I'm misting heavy to help him out

Pictures! Really want to see him shedding please :wub::flower: