Pod Your Reef

new Bluefish app 2.0 available for public beta

SpencerShepard

HarryPotter

lol whoever changed the system name on the test account...

That's hilarious. It was not me, but as an IT guy by trade I find this amusing.

Guilty!

Was checking it out because I'm going to get a BlueFish soon :)

(Waiting for the IOS bluefish 2.0 and the Outlets ;) )

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a go with one of my lights last night.

Found it a bit slower in loading tabs than in 1.0.

Also, couldn't get the light graph to plot, it would load for a bit and then go to a bluefish logo

Really like the +- buttons to increment light percentages, way more accurate than just the slider.

SpencerShepard

I had a go with one of my lights last night.

Found it a bit slower in loading tabs than in 1.0.

Also, couldn't get the light graph to plot, it would load for a bit and then go to a bluefish logo

Really like the +- buttons to increment light percentages, way more accurate than just the slider.

Thanks for the feedback. It is a tad bit slower compared to the the v1 app. There will be massive payoff for this in the future however.

You must be in 'normal' light mode (not in a scene) for the graph to render. We'll make this requirement clear in an update soon.

Tom@HaslettMI

Thanks! I just downloaded it and logged on. Do I need to re-blink up, or is logging in all I need to do? Currently the location tab is not working nor is the graph tab (See below).

Thanks,

Tom

post-47134-0-23554300-1440730655_thumb.jpg

SpencerShepard

Are you sure your controller is online? Often times people will forget that they've changed their wifi password until they try to access the controller through the app.

Tom@HaslettMI

I've only had the BF mini for 2 weeks. Definitely no wifi changes in that time. Also The OG app still works. Do I need to delete the old app? By the way I'm using iOS.

Thanks,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
SpencerShepard

Yes, that's correct. The new app was first developed for the Mini, and in the future it will look a bit different when you log into a full Bluefish unit.

Yes, that's correct. The new app was first developed for the Mini, and in the future it will look a bit different when you log into a full Bluefish unit.

SWEET BABY JESUS HE IS HINTING AT SOMETHING

So set up my bluefish unit last night. Used both the old version and new version of the app. the new version of the app kept crashing on me. using Iphone 6plus IOS 9.01 ... Kept trying to use the preview feature on the lights example Mid day would not work. Morning - preview. would not work. Then app would crash. I downloaded the old version and it seemed to work better for me. Also was a long delay with the new app version communicating with the lights. IDK if i have something set up wrong or what but just could not get things working right.

SpencerShepard

So set up my bluefish unit last night. Used both the old version and new version of the app. the new version of the app kept crashing on me. using Iphone 6plus IOS 9.01 ... Kept trying to use the preview feature on the lights example Mid day would not work. Morning - preview. would not work. Then app would crash. I downloaded the old version and it seemed to work better for me. Also was a long delay with the new app version communicating with the lights. IDK if i have something set up wrong or what but just could not get things working right.

Do you have Light Preview enabled? I know it seems silly to need a switch in order for the button to work... it's from the old app when lights would preview automatically when you entered an adjustment menu.

Do you have Light Preview enabled? I know it seems silly to need a switch in order for the button to work... it's from the old app when lights would preview automatically when you entered an adjustment menu.

this might be a silly reply but where is that option? Looking around not sure I see where to enable that in the new app?

• 2 weeks later...

Have this on a 10" galaxy tab . The interface seems to be WAY Different than the phone version.

Example: when setting the channel % I have to click an arrow for each percent of movement vs. the slider bar . All of the icons are EXTREMELY small to where I have to use a fine point stylus to operate them.

Could there be something wrong on my end , or is it just because of it being a tablet?

SpencerShepard

Have this on a 10" galaxy tab . The interface seems to be WAY Different than the phone version.

Example: when setting the channel % I have to click an arrow for each percent of movement vs. the slider bar . All of the icons are EXTREMELY small to where I have to use a fine point stylus to operate them.

Could there be something wrong on my end , or is it just because of it being a tablet?

Can you post or email me a screenshot? It will be different in landscape vs portrait, but should be about the same otherwise...phone or tablet.

Can you post or email me a screenshot? It will be different in landscape vs portrait, but should be about the same otherwise...phone or tablet.

Here are a few screenshots - 10.1" screen

EDIT : Regardless of screen orientation , all icons are extremely small to where you can really use your finger accurately for making changes. My phone icons are like 200% larger than these

Landscape just normal screen

22077387875_abc0c72123_z.jpg

Lanscape mode after selection (buttons overlap and make it difficult to make proper selections)

21890478629_a4d342dc7f_z.jpg

No slider bar for intensities

21454533804_a933fa2d03_z.jpg

Archived