Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dferrari13

My maxima clam seems to have a hole in it....from what I've read...it doesn't seem like something to cause alarm...but what do you guys think..

20160321_204739_zpske4buans.jpg

20160321_204715_zpsf2xnrgt2.jpg

20160327_214337_zpsndsukup3.jpg

So I have changed things around once again, I have removed the toadstool, monti, stylophora and birdsnest....the sps wasn't doing well and I'm thinking the toadstool toxin was the culprit

Also added an elegance, frogspawn, and a couple of zoas

• Like 1

Thanks....yea it sucks but now that I have no more leathers.. I do plan to replace the monti with a nice big Green one on the top left...teenyreef really inspired me on that one

• Like 1

Thanks smiz.... your custome top is definitely helping my light penetrate my tank a lot more.... thanks for your awesome well made design

The Coral in question is at the lower right portion of the tank and I was thinking about raising it up because it seems like all my corals at the top are doing a lot better... I'm not sure how the this coral got bleached when it is on the sandbed I'm thinking the bleaching is due to lack of light maybe? Any thoughts??

I'm thinking too much light, mines always done best in medium/low light not a ton of flow.

But its already at the bottom...it gets a lot less light penetration than all corals at the top and they are doing great...doesn't really make sense

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

90% intensity? I can't go beyond about 25% without some bleaching of my SPS. My light stays on for only about 8 hours too.

Hey reefernanoman...are you still running the kessil at about 25% for only 8 hrs

reefernanoman

Hey reefernanoman...are you still running the kessil at about 25% for only 8 hrs

Yup. Getting lots of growth out of all my corals (SPS included). I'm cheating with full Apex control of my light now.

Yup. Getting lots of growth out of all my corals (SPS included). I'm cheating with full Apex control of my light now.

Thanks...but what do you mean by cheating with the apex? I use the kessil spectral controller...doesn't that basically do the same thing?... what's your apex schedule?

dferrari13

Carpet anemone

20160501_132733_zpsz3uxrupz.jpg

New Tail Spot Blenny

20160501_132906_zps28mexilz.jpg

Pink goniopora

20160501_132723_zpsfy0dlom7.jpg

Full tank shot 5/1/16

20160501_131920_zpsv415ptre.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Thanks...but what do you mean by cheating with the apex? I use the kessil spectral controller...doesn't that basically do the same thing?... what's your apex schedule?

Meaning that it's easier to control now. Before I was just using a timer, which I'm glad I'm not anymore! Schedule: Color :time on 08am-4pm(with dawn effect of 180 minutes), then 4-6pm dusk effect (also 180 minutes), with color from 0-40% then back 40%-0%. Intensity :goes from 10-25% for 120 minutes, 8am-4pm, then from 4pm-6pm ramp down from 25%-10%.

Carpet anemone

20160501_132733_zpsz3uxrupz.jpg

New Tail Spot Blenny

20160501_132906_zps28mexilz.jpg

Pink goniopora

20160501_132723_zpsfy0dlom7.jpg

Full tank shot 5/1/16

20160501_131920_zpsv415ptre.jpg

Looks good!

• Like 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank