dferrari13

Drew's IM 10 Gallon Mixed Reef Tank

1 hour ago, dferrari13 said:

Coral Warfare

20190209_133905_zps6yecxqth.jpg

Uhhg, it looks like the trumpet is taking a beating!

46 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Uhhg, it looks like the trumpet is taking a beating!

Yea....hes not winning....I'm thinking about cutting off one or two heads off the hammer...not sure yet 

• Sad 1

Planning to lightly dose some reef roids today....I guess I'll just take a small pinch and broadcast it

So I took the week off of work for my birthday...kind of a staycation....and I wanted to try out the reef roids today, so I did a little research and decided to go with a method that Billy pipes came up with.....his mixture in the youtube video was for 100 gallon...so I mixed up the same amount and disguarded a little more than 75 percent of it,(I bought way too much of it anyway) leaving me with just a small amount of thick reef roid goo.....so far I saw good results, with most of my corals responding well to it. After the feeding I left all the pumps off for about 20 minutes, to let the corals digest. I will probably wait until tonight to do a 30% water change, just so the corals have some time to absorb any left over nutrients.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, dferrari13 said:

So I took the week off of work for my birthday...kind of a staycation....and I wanted to try out the reef roids today, so I did a little research and decided to go with a method that Billy pipes came up with.....his mixture in the youtube video was for 100 gallon...so I mixed up the same amount and disguarded a little more than 75 percent of it,(I bought way too much of it anyway) leaving me with just a small amount of thick reef roid goo.....so far I saw good results, with most of my corals responding well to it. After the feeding I left all the pumps off for about 20 minutes, to let the corals digest. I will probably wait until tonight to do a 30% water change, just so the corals have some time to absorb any left over nutrients.

Happy birthday! I'm seeing great results and quick growth with a similar food in my reef jar, Coral Frenzy, what's the recipe for the mixture you used? I keep trying to make a thicker mixture each time I feed, but I'm afraid of overdoing it. I've been feeding about 4-6 hours before a water change where I stir up the whole tank with a big pipette.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Happy birthday! I'm seeing great results and quick growth with a similar food in my reef jar, Coral Frenzy, what's the recipe for the mixture you used? I keep trying to make a thicker mixture each time I feed, but I'm afraid of overdoing it. I've been feeding about 4-6 hours before a water change where I stir up the whole tank with a big pipette.

I used 10ml of tank water mixed with 1 tsp. of reef roids..... that mixes up enough for a 100 gallon tank so like I said I just discarded 78% leaving me with a nice thick goo suitable for a 10 gallon tank.... and I felt like it mixed up just enough to feed each head a little bit....and I also didnt wanna over do it and cause other issues. I will probably keep the feeding to once per week before waterchanges and see how that goes for a while.

So I had to get rid of the frogspawn on the left side of my tank, it was stinging the crap out of my birdsnest with it's long sweepers.