Coral Vue Hydros

dferrari13

18 hours ago, specore said:

Mind sharing the video?  Been battling these little shits myself.

The only other way that I've seen them treated is to completely remove the infected corals and give multiple dip baths

I think I've decided to start a pico reef in my vacant fluval spec since I cant add anything else to my nuvo 10....i think it will be all high end softies, zoas and lps due to lack of space.....updates to come

• Like 7

So the green polyp monti isnt doing good.....its color is starting to fade for some reason even though no changes were made....its weird cause I've always had a problem keeping montipora capricornis thriving in my tank.....atleast everything else is doing great

• Like 1

Is your little yellow fiji leather still growing? What happened to the original? I love how they look and really want one but trying to weigh pros and cons, the main con I currently see being that they get too big for a IM10 and would be a pain to frag. Would love to know what you think!

• Like 1

I think the Fiji leather got into a fight with the trumpet coral... I found it a couple days later basically melted over the rock so I decided to remove it so that it didn't toxify my tank.... it left a piece of its foot behind and it is alive and well and seems to be thriving

20181030_210745_zpsjvkwlige.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been so busy this past weekend....I never got a chance to do a water change on Sunday. So I guess tonight is the night.....pictures to come after the cleaning.

30 different species of coral, 5 different species of invertebrates and four different species of fish....

Full tank shot after cleaning

20181101_162908_zps0xtg6gx0.jpg

• Like 7

You've probably answered this before, however 25 pages is a lot to sift through, but how do the TSB and barnacle blenny get along? Any fighting or stress? Or are the cool with each other?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

You've probably answered this before, however 25 pages is a lot to sift through, but how do the TSB and barnacle blenny get along? Any fighting or stress? Or are the cool with each other?

They never fight unless the TSB goes near their hiding holes....here's a pic of both barnacle blennies... they pretty much stay in the holes

20181101_193042_zps1ljmzgzx.jpg

On 10/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, lizzyann said:

Is your little yellow fiji leather still growing? What happened to the original? I love how they look and really want one but trying to weigh pros and cons, the main con I currently see being that they get too big for a IM10 and would be a pain to frag. Would love to know what you think!

Actually I feel leathers are very easy to frag and recover well....and it will take a couple years until the fiji outgrows a ten gallon. Just my opinion tho

• Thanks 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank