Coral Vue Hydros

dferrari13

49 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Big thanks to everyone who views or follows along with my tank. Feels good to have so many viewers/followers! 😄

You’re Nanofamous, I’ve heard it’s the next best thing to instafamous.

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

20181017_202351_zps8aboahhq.jpg

Some FTS eye candy!!!

Checking out your new pics = great way to start the day! Thanks for posting, Drew!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im going to be cleaning out my ATO today...yay so much fun...uggg😫...anyways I use a 50/50 vinegar and distilled water mix to run through the ato tube inorder to get rid of all the kalkwasser left over crud and stuff....this also helps to clean out the pump itself and increase pump life. (But i alway stock a replacement)

Every now and then, when I get lazy, and I don't clean the pump,... it will get clogged and I'll have to blow through the tube to release some crud and then the pump starts working again....but I'm sick of doing that and it's time to clean it properly.

• Like 1

Good point, I am more or less new to reefing. Now you make me think, I should clean my ATO pump and hose. Thanks you for that. 

And really nice nano by the way. I was following your journal about the clam. I really but really want one. I had one, 20 years ago. And that was my favourite animal in the tank. So now, I know, thanks to you. Don't go for the small one :). At that time wasn't any clam under 10cm. Same for coraux, frags didn't existe. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Reeferadicto13 said:

How much kalk you mix in to your ato and how long it last?

I mix 1.5 teaspoons (Brightwell kalk+2) per gallon of distilled water... at first I only dosed 1 teaspoon per gallon but I have increased my dosing slowly due to consumption by the corals (mainly by the SPS)

I use a 2 gallon ATO tank and it lasts about 10 to 12 days in new jersey...but in the summer when it's really hot.... evaporation happens more frequently, so 2 gallons of top off water only lasts about 9 to 10 days.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, dferrari13 said:

My view from my couch, it's good to be home from work, Mondays suck.

Screenshot_20181022-163031_Gallery_zpsl1

Magical 💙🐠💙🐠💙

How do you fit all your stuff in that sleek tiny cabinet though? 🙂

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, banasophia said:

Magical 💙🐠💙🐠💙

How do you fit all your stuff in that sleek tiny cabinet though? 🙂

Here's a shot of my messy cabinet.

20181024_070917_zpscron9hk5.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Lookin great man!    Between you and I, I don't think we have any room for any more corals.    LOL

I agree...my coral shopping days are over for now....but my poor little betta fish just died so I'm thinking of making his freshwater 2.6 gallon fluval spec into a saltwater zoa/ricordea garden but well see.

• Like 2
SURVEYMAN46123
18 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

I agree...my coral shopping days are over for now....but my poor little betta fish just died so I'm thinking of making his freshwater 2.6 gallon fluval spec into a saltwater zoa/ricordea garden but well see.

Sorry to hear that man.

Yea I think I'm done, however I've been thinking of fragging my frogspawn from 6 to 2 heads.   That will give me some more room.  😉

• Like 2
On 10/22/2018 at 5:24 PM, dferrari13 said:

Just watched a video about montipora eating nudibranchs and I'm so happy that I haven't had any. Looks like a pain to treat.

Mind sharing the video?  Been battling these little shits myself.

1 hour ago, specore said:

Mind sharing the video?  Been battling these little shits myself.

I'll try to find it but I think it was on reef builders...he used a water pick normally used to clean teeth... to blast them off

• dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank