10 Gallon Mixed Reef

20190110_212839_zpsi0jwxvgj.jpg

55 Gallon Turtle Oasis

20 Gallon Freshwater Planted

20190110_205235_zpsppwsqe92.jpg

Yes sir, I would say that you definitely have MTS! LOL

• Like 2
On 1/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, SkiCatTX said:

Great thread, read all the way through. Amazing what you have done in such a small tank! Can’t wait to see more.

Thanks, It took 4 years of patience, passion and a little bit of obsession  oh yea and 4,000 dollars lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Tank looks great. The ric garden looks killer!

Thanks Dave....I'm thinking my next tank will have 2 nano box lights on it....so we will be in touch lol

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Laurenscube said:

Tank looks great

love following your hobby

How have you found your Acans are next to your mushrooms and zoas?

Thanks!  My acans, mushrooms and zoas have been next to each other for a long time and they have never fought with each other....the only fighting going on is with my green hammer and candy cane.

• Like 1

I guess I'm still hoping that my montipora cap comes back (top left of the green hammer)....but now seeing coraline algae starting to grow on it, makes me think its probably not coming back....

If I do eventually give up on it, what would be a good replacement? Thinking of trying an encrusting monti instead...

Montipora Capricornis just doesnt like to grow in my tank for some reason....which is weird cause everything is doing great including various sps.....and it sucks cause I love em....oh well I'm still hoping it comes back but if not I'll proly try a montipora digitata in its place

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dferrari13 said:

Montipora Capricornis just doesnt like to grow in my tank for some reason....which is weird cause everything is doing great including various sps.....and it sucks cause I love em....oh well I'm still hoping it comes back but if not I'll proly try a montipora digitata in its place

Mine died and came back like three different times.  I finally chopped the whole thing out! 😄

• Like 1

Hey D I have the same tank but I'm having trouble with my corals they are all closed up. I have been running a 12W Tuna led par 38 reef bulb do you think it's strong enough for this tank? It's mounted to a gooseneck and I have it about 10 inches above the screen top.

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, TLowrider said:

Hey D I have the same tank but I'm having trouble with my corals they are all closed up. I have been running a 12W Tuna led par 38 reef bulb do you think it's strong enough for this tank? It's mounted to a gooseneck and I have it about 10 inches above the screen top.

Thoughts? 

Hey TLowrider.....im sorry but I dont really have any experience with that light...In this hobby, people are most concerned with "par" ratings and Kelvin color temperature ratings. So you would have to compare the spec of your light to others on the market. I'm sure it would grow some softies tho. You got a thread on here that I can check out your setup?

It's been about 6 months since I added SPS corals to my tank and so far so good....I'm seeing slow growth to all of them except for the montipora capricornis which is strangely not doing good (what the heck cause everyone says they're easy...ugg) I always thought the the acro would be the first to decline if any...go figure, but I'm still not giving up on the monti just yet!

The tank is also approaching the 4 year mark in March, so that's cool.....

• Like 3

So I Just completely cleaned out the back chambers.....rinsed off all the filter media....cleaned the filter pump/ skimmer pump.......and I gotta say...holy crap, I just got so much detritus out of this tank. Yuck.

I probably do this type of intense cleaning only twice a year...but it feels great when I do.....so fresh and so clean!

Pics to come

• Like 3

I dont really feed my corals much...occasionally I'll feed frozen mysis shrimp but that's only maybe once every two weeks. But I decided to pick up some reef roids for the hell of it....with suck a small tank, it seems like this bottle will last a long time lol

20190205_162637_zpsbpa7gcm7.jpg

• Like 2
15 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

I dont really feed my corals much...occasionally I'll feed frozen mysis shrimp but that's only maybe once every two weeks. But I decided to pick up some reef roids for the hell of it....with suck a small tank, it seems like this bottle will last a long time lol

20190205_162637_zpsbpa7gcm7.jpg

Just be careful you don't over do it. I use to feed reef roids pretty often in my 14 gallon but it just lead to problems i.e. Aiptasi and diatoms.  Now I don't really do it unless I want to see the corals eat and my tank is a lot better for it. Water quality > feeding corals 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mtgmichaelg said:

Just be careful you don't over do it. I use to feed reef roids pretty often in my 14 gallon but it just lead to problems i.e. Aiptasi and diatoms.  Now I don't really do it unless I want to see the corals eat and my tank is a lot better for it. Water quality > feeding corals 

That's kinda the reason I've kept feedings to a minimum so far.....I will definitely go super slow...thanks

• dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank